ADVERTISEMENT

Chicago Blackhawks mascot Tommy Hawk fights fan in viral video

The Tradition

HR King
Apr 23, 2002
A video went viral of Chicago Blackhawks mascot "Tommy Hawk" fighting with a fan at the United Center on Friday night.

According to Chicago police via the Chicago Sun-Times, the mascot – portrayed Friday night by a male – was punched and put in a headlock by the alleged attacker. In the video, Tommy Hawk bodyslams the fan before throwing a few punches.

Police were notified of the incident around 11:15 p.m. CT, the Sun-Times reported. According to box score information, Friday night's overtime game against the Winnipeg Jets would have ended around 11 p.m.

“We are gathering the facts and will have no further comment at this time, pending our investigation,” a Blackhawks spokesperson told the Sun-Times.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...tommy-hawk-fights-fan-viral-video/2327520002/

I would have guessed Gritty would be the first mascot to issue a fan beatdown.

I don’t know if I’ve ever seen a dynasty collapse as fast or as pathetically.

Ugh.

I’ve been a Blackhawks fan since the late 80s and this is about as irritated as I’ve ever been with the franchise. No excuse to be this big of a shit show and embarrassment.
Yeah, this is really bad when you consider that the front office is still trying to win.

The 90’s Bulls collapsed harder and faster, but that was intentional to attempt a rebuild.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT