ADVERTISEMENT

Chicago TV news crew robbed at gunpoint while filming a story on robberies in West Town

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
A Chicago TV news crew reporting on a string of robberies in the city’s West Town community became the story themselves when they were robbed at gunpoint early Monday.

A reporter and photographer for Spanish-language TV station Univision Chicago were filming just before 5 a.m. in the 1200 block of North Milwaukee Avenue when three men wearing ski masks and brandishing firearms robbed them at gunpoint, according to the station.

“They were approached with guns and robbed,” said Luis Godinez, vice president of news at Univision Chicago. “Mainly it was personal items, and they took a camera.”

The Chicago police identified the victims as a 28-year-old male and 42-year-old male. They were outside when the three men drove up in a gray sedan and black SUV. After taking the items, the armed robbers fled southbound in their vehicles. No injuries were reported and no one is in custody, the police said.

The mayor will sue the camera manufacturer
baseball-fail.gif

The robbery was the second to hit a Chicago TV news crew this month.

Damn. Maybe they should start bringing security with them into dangerous areas. Recently in Orlando, a young reporter was shot dead covering a multiple homicide including a young girl.

Reactions: jamesvanderwulf
The robbery was the second to hit a Chicago TV news crew this month.

Damn. Maybe they should start bringing security with them into dangerous areas. Recently in Orlando, a young reporter was shot dead covering a multiple homicide including a young girl.
But there is nothing wrong in them democrat strong holds. They got it all figured out.

Reactions: kzoohawk80
It makes as much sense as suing the car manufacturers because of car thefts

So, the camera manufacturers in question are potentially deceiving their customers by saying that their cameras have advanced safety features including those that prevent theft, yet they failed to include industry-standard engine immobilizers, excuse me, picture taking immobilizers to help prevent theft? Good thing the crew wasn't also driving a Kia.

No one else ever would have been able to link the two. You are clearly the sharpest tool in the shed.

Don’t robbers sleep? 5 AM and you’re rolling a news crew in the street? WTAF? Those dudes are way more ambitious than I’ve ever been.

So, the camera manufacturers in question are potentially deceiving their customers by saying that their cameras have advanced safety features including those that prevent theft, yet they failed to include industry-standard engine immobilizers, excuse me, picture taking immobilizers to help prevent theft? Good thing the crew wasn't also driving a Kia.

No one else ever would have been able to link the two. You are clearly the sharpest tool in the shed.
Holy shit you agree with the Chicago Mayor. No freaking way

Holy shit you agree with the Chicago Mayor. No freaking way
I missed the part where the Chigaco mayor said your comparison of vastly different situations was asinine, but, yes, I agree that your post was asinine.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT