ADVERTISEMENT

Chiefs sign Chris Jones to 5 year 95 million deal

Of course I like that they're keeping him, but that's going to cost them someone else already on the roster. Probably L'Jarius Sneed at a minimum. It also probably means no "name" incoming FA's of note.

Of course I like that they're keeping him, but that's going to cost them someone else already on the roster. Probably L'Jarius Sneed at a minimum. It also probably means no "name" incoming FA's of note.
Is Derrick Ndaji still a Chief?

They do well in the draft with those cheap rookie contracts.

They do well in the draft with those cheap rookie contracts.

That's the trick for them. They absolutely have to hit with their draft picks as well as they're probably going to lose a handful of what I'd term "mid level veteran salaries".

Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if Kelse gets released (note, I don't believe they WILL release him but it wouldn't surprise me either if they did). Might be a few other surprises tomorrow also.

They can only keep so many high priced guys when you have the huge salaries of Mahomes, now Jones, etc.

Trading Sneed was pretty much a foregone conclusion. Jones is only counting a little over $7M against the cap in 2024 with his new deal. Once they trade Sneed they'll have almost $20M in cap space. They're doing just fine salary cap wise.

Trading Sneed was pretty much a foregone conclusion. Jones is only counting a little over $7M against the cap in 2024 with his new deal. Once they trade Sneed they'll have almost $20M in cap space. They're doing just fine salary cap wise.
Brett Veach is a magician. After 3 years cutting Jones will save the Chiefs a big cap number and the number is manageable for the first 3 years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT