ADVERTISEMENT

Chittum to ISU

After losing Spencer Lee, can Iowa stay ahead of Arizona State and Missouri as well?

What the heck is our lineup going to even look like now?
Still, really good.

Ayala-Top 6ish
Teske-Top 15ish
Woods-Top 2
Rathjen/Voinovich-Top 20ish
Siebrecht-If he fully recovers, he was top 10ish before injury
Kennedy-Top 10ish
Brands-Top 6ish
Assad-Top 15ish
Glazier-Maybe NQ
Cass-Top 3

If Ayala, Kennedy and Brands AA, with Woods and Cass in the Finals, they still have a really good chance for 2nd. That doesn't even account for anyone else like Siebrecht possibly sneaking onto the podium.

But, if you want challenging PSU, you are correct, they are NOWHERE close. Still, even with Jesuroga, Ferrari and Chittum, they weren't going to be...

Here is another gem:

"
Chittum leaving Iowa was inevitable. Which is why I mentioned he should go the Cejudo route. Anyone who had followed his story knew this would happen.

Track record:

Cleveland, TN School- average wrestling program. Left for greener pastures.

McCallie private school- below average wrestling program. Left for greener pastures.

Blair- best high school program in the country. Left for greener pastures.

3-4 years of home school and only training for major events- dad has complete autonomy.

Went back to Cleveland High School for a semester. Won a state championship. Left for greener pastures.

Committed to Minnesota. solid college program. Purchased an apartment there and trained for a year with the club. Left for greener pastures.

Shopped around to every top 5 program in the country.

Committed to Iowa but did not want to enroll. 2nd best college program. Leaving for greener pastures..."
of course you knew it and it was inevitable?????? had nothing to do with room atmosphere as that would of course hurt your narrative. keep your head down don’t want you exposed to anything negative. never acknowledging a problem means it will never be corrected.

of course you knew it and it was inevitable?????? had nothing to do with room atmosphere as that would of course hurt your narrative. keep your head down don’t want you exposed to anything negative. never acknowledging a problem means it will never be corrected.
No, Mr. Tidepod from intermat forums knew it was inevitable. IDC about that part, the point was to illustrate his path. It sucks to lose him no doubt, but I'm not going to cry over it. On to the next.

No, Mr. Tidepod from intermat forums knew it was inevitable. IDC about that part, the point was to illustrate his path. It sucks to lose him no doubt, but I'm not going to cry over it. On to the next.

Yeah? and who's that? the 2024 class is dang near locked up. and we're going to get who from that? Angelo? From the same family that cost us Chittum?

Here is another gem:

"
Chittum leaving Iowa was inevitable. Which is why I mentioned he should go the Cejudo route. Anyone who had followed his story knew this would happen.

Track record:

Cleveland, TN School- average wrestling program. Left for greener pastures.

McCallie private school- below average wrestling program. Left for greener pastures.

Blair- best high school program in the country. Left for greener pastures.

3-4 years of home school and only training for major events- dad has complete autonomy.

Went back to Cleveland High School for a semester. Won a state championship. Left for greener pastures.

Committed to Minnesota. solid college program. Purchased an apartment there and trained for a year with the club. Left for greener pastures.

Shopped around to every top 5 program in the country.

Committed to Iowa but did not want to enroll. 2nd best college program. Leaving for greener pastures..."
This

Dad wants control. I wouldn't put up with it and neither should Tom.

It's too bad and I feel sorry for the kid, the above is no way to become an adult.

Last edited:
Are we even still on any of the Ferrari's? Would it make sense to still be on middle and youngest still? Seems like we lost out on both of them and Chittum.

Realistically though, there are a couple people on these boards who actually know what goes on in that room (really know what's going on in that room) and most of us have no clue. Seems the wheels are falling off right now, and I'm sure TnT are upset, but this isn't ruining our program. Now, if some others start transferring.......

Yeah? and who's that? the 2024 class is dang near locked up. and we're going to get who from that? Angelo? From the same family that cost us Chittum?
First of all, its a figure of speech. "On to the next" Just moving on. Getting who we can, when we can... if we can.

But yeah, Angelo. We're already experiencing the negative effects of just POTENTIALLY having them. Might as well get Anthony and Angelo in. AJ looks destined for MMA and no college wrestling, probably for the best. Then things either settle down, level out and the younger two do well for us. Or it continues to crash and burn and then the coaching staff gets fired like so many want to happen already.

Are we even still on any of the Ferrari's? Would it make sense to still be on middle and youngest still? Seems like we lost out on both of them and Chittum.

Realistically though, there are a couple people on these boards who actually know what goes on in that room (really know what's going on in that room) and most of us have no clue. Seems the wheels are falling off right now, and I'm sure TnT are upset, but this isn't ruining our program. Now, if some others start transferring.......
Yes - Angelo is still being recruited.

First of all, its a figure of speech. "On to the next" Just moving on. Getting who we can, when we can... if we can.

But yeah, Angelo. We're already experiencing the negative effects of just POTENTIALLY having them. Might as well get Anthony and Angelo in. AJ looks destined for MMA and no college wrestling, probably for the best. Then things either settle down, level out and the younger two do well for us. Or it continues to crash and burn and then the coaching staff gets fired like so many want to happen already.
Anthony is a no go. Didn't get through admissions.

I'm a season ticket holder for the last 8 years. I can say without a doubt that it seems Hawkeye wrestling is starting to look more and more like Ok. St. A couple of good wrestlers, but overall not a good team. It would be no shock (disappointing yes) if the Hawks won't finish with a trophy next year. It just seems like the wheels have come almost all the way off. What in the heck is going on down in Iowa City?
we will be lucky to be top 5 next year
We are all suckers, Iowa wrestling is finished.
Agree... At least for a few years... until we get a windfall of top recruits that we can actually retain and keep healthy (not likely) and/or we get different kind of leadership/energy at the top

FWIW, Leistikow from the DM Register is saying that Chittum had a run in with one of the Ferrari brothers (I assume Anthony?) and that he didn’t want to wrestle with them. That seems like the most logical reason for all of this.

I read elsewhere it was a me or them type deal. TIFWIW.

In my mind this is a Cody Chittum problem, not an Iowa problem, especially after his comments about ISU turning him into the wrestler he wants to be.

That's like dreaming of playing MLB baseball in the northeast and willingly picking Baltimore over the Yankees. ISU is no where close to competing in March and he'll learn that soon enough.

His nomadic vegabond lifestyle speaks volumes and topping that with his over evaluation of ISU tells me him and his old man are 100% f*cked in the head.

And don't tell me the Ferrari's played a major roll in this. This story has been circling in the news for damn near 3 months. I'm sure Chittum was fully aware of the possibility before it ever spewed into the cesspool... This was likely a money grab OR he wants to be "The Guy" and didn't want to fight for it.

I'm guessing it's a bit of both. Either way I'm now looking forward to seeing him getting his ass kicked when he visits dressed in those hideous colors.

When did we officially lose Anthony Ferrari?

200w.gif

ok, it turned out to be a negative but since it was let’s keep on doing it. That makes sence, how?

If my kid was going to be a 21 year old freshman that doesn't feel he can be on the same team as an 18 year old that has yet to commit, and feels transferring again is the best solution, I'd tell him good luck and give him the number to the local Uhaul. Hope Cody likes working on boats cause he's going to have a tough time in a real world workplace.

If my kid was going to be a 21 year old freshman that doesn't feel he can be on the same team as an 18 year old that has yet to commit, and feels transferring again is the best solution, I'd tell him good luck and give him the number to the local Uhaul. Hope Cody likes working on boats cause he's going to have a tough time in a real world workplace.

I don’t know if I would put this on him. Cody’s a good kid.

FWIW, Leistikow from the DM Register is saying that Chittum had a run in with one of the Ferrari brothers (I assume Anthony?) and that he didn’t want to wrestle with them. That seems like the most logical reason for all of this.
That makes sense, since the other big rumor is the Ferrari’s are going to end up at Rutgers, and he wouldn’t have to be on same team with them. Didn’t chittum move around a few times in high school, then commit to Minnesota for 13 months, then commit to us
There is smoke that Swiderski may leave but didn't he miss his opening with the portal? If he stays, either him or Paniro are the odd man out as Swiderski isn't making 141 again.

According to a few Clone friends of mine, Swiderski is quite the knucklehead. Booted from his apartment for setting off fireworks inside of it, wrecked his truck, wrecked a teammates truck he borrowed.

If Swiderski stays he's redshirting next year but it still doesn't solve the Johnson, Swiderski, Chittum situation as none of those guys are small enough for 141 or big enough for 165.
pmn
This

It's too bad and I feel sorry for the kid, the above is no way to become an adult.
This

So it wasn’t the big bad Ferrari’s that scared him off. Hope the rumor that they are jumping ship also isn’t true. I never expected AJ here, but the younger two could keep us competitive for second, Anthony’s misdemeanor is settled and the younger is clean and bigger recruit. I just hope the youngest gives us a visit like he did everyone else on his list.

Reactions: kkhawk
This

I coached both my kids thru kids club, junior high, and high school. When it was time for someone else to coach them, I knew enough to step aside and let them do their thing. Apparently, not all parents are like that.

My youngest son's college coach does some thing the I would like to discuss with him, as I disagree with certain training beliefs, but my son is 20 and can speak for himself. I stay out of it.

And we thought someone who got kicked out of two schools and has charges pending was a good fit?
Tom dug himself such a big hole by not recruiting/developing properly that he's trying to find a shortcut back to contention bringing in the most toxic family in wrestling.

Imagine if he returned Rocco Welsh's phone calls. We'd have our future 184, no need for Angelo, and no need to take on the cancer.

The Ferrari's are a net negative. Nobody wants to be around those idiots. They are legitimately dangerous people.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT