ADVERTISEMENT

Chittum to ISU

Make ZERO mistake…. IF the Ferraris suddenly decided ISU was the program for them, Dresser would sell his soul to get them there. The thought that this is some “strategic” move by Dresser is laughable. Dresser “recruited” the Ferraris harder than anyone, but never mind that… Old man is an unbelievable scumbag and it will be fun to watch the Chittums burn that clown as well.
ISU canceled the Ferrari visits weeks ago and stopped recruiting them. The Ferrari clan could call tomorrow and Dresser wouldn’t answer

This feels like CP had to put out a video even though he had no new information to add.
Well, he was pretty adamant that CC left IC due to TNT’s interest in recruiting the Ferrari miscreant. But maybe there was smoke before that blaze broke out and TnT saw the writing on the wall before inviting Ferrari to IC?

To me this feels like they had one foot in and one foot out from the moment the landed in Iowa City. If a run-in with a POTENTIAL recruit and POSSIBLE future teammate is enough to drive you out of town then they were clearly looking for a reason to bolt.

If this situation didn't do it then something else would have further down the line. I'd rather him go now than later on, especially from a recruiting stand point. This could've been really bad for the program if he jumped ship next year as opposed to right now.

And I hate the Metcalf vs Morningstar debate, that didn't do shit for this decision. But if you want to expand it then let's go: Metcalf/ DSJ/ Carr vs Morningstar/ Woods/ Kennedy/ Lugo/ Marinelli/ Eierman. That's a lot of high quality and higher character partners he's passing up on.

Cody and Daddy Chitbird better hope he finds the podium next year or they'll look like total morans.

Make ZERO mistake…. IF the Ferraris suddenly decided ISU was the program for them, Dresser would sell his soul to get them there. The thought that this is some “strategic” move by Dresser is laughable. Dresser “recruited” the Ferraris harder than anyone, but never mind that… Old man is an unbelievable scumbag and it will be fun to watch the Chittums burn that clown as well.
The amount of stuff you make up, and have others believe is hilarious. Keep at it, gives us who actually know some stuff a good laugh.

And I hate the Metcalf vs Morningstar debate, that didn't do shit for this decision. But if you want to expand it then let's go: Metcalf/ DSJ/ Carr vs Morningstar/ Woods/ Kennedy/ Lugo/ Marinelli/ Eierman. That's a lot of high quality and higher character partners he's passing up on.
4 national championships and however many national and world team appearances combined vs 0 national championships and nowhere close to the number of team appearances. Seems like a lopsided decision to me.

And you will never know a higher quality individual than David Carr on or off the mat

A lot of mental gymnastics going on here on what was a completely preventable situation. We lost the heir apparent face of our program and by all accounts a great kid because we decided to get in bed with some toxic shady characters.
People are acting like it’s no big deal…when we just lost the #1 p4p kid over a family of bozos who Tom has been WARNED about recruiting. Big time donors as other wrestlers (both recruits and guys on the team now) have told him DO NOT RECRUIT these guys. This should’ve never happened.

And for you guys acting like the dad was the problem, you’re crazy. Shane Chittum is a great guy and his kid is awesome too. We lost a guy who has the ability to donate in the high six to low seven figures. STUPIDITY.

You'd be correct if the decision was the wrestlers and not the Dad
This is the most oft-used (certainly not just at Iowa, check any recruiting board of any team) and lame recruiting loss excuse ever penned. Never mind that MANY times when students are making their college decisions, they lean on the advice of the people they are closest to and trust the most - like their dad and mom.

I also find it ironic that an overbearing, helicopter parent is now being branded (pun intended) as Dr. Evil following the last six years of Lar-Lar.

This is the most oft-used (certainly not just at Iowa, check any recruiting board of any team) and lame recruiting loss excuse ever penned. Never mind that MANY times when students are making their college decisions, they lean on the advice of the people they are closest to and trust the most - like their dad and mom.

I also find it ironic that an overbearing, helicopter parent is now being branded (pun intended) as Dr. Evil following the last six years of Lar-Lar.
I’ve heard nothing bad about LL.

On the other hand, consensual reality is in short supply around these parts as of late and I’ve already given repeated benefit of doubt.

Not every video is for the crowd of people on the forums.
I would like to hear the reasons he left from Cody’s mouth. If he’s says it’s because he may have to be on a team with Anthony, then I’ll believe it and also know what a snowflake he is. I can’t remember being on a team, in a school, or at a job where there wasn’t at least one person I didn’t care for or vise versa. Same for my kids. But we don’t just abandon every overall good situation because of one asshole. It’s hard to find 100% perfect situations all the time in life, have to thicken your skin alittle. Also, hard to believe if Anthony wanted to be a hawk, knowing chittum was on the team, and him being older now, wouldn’t offer an olive branch . Hard to believe he would come in for a visit and try to start something. If so, then he shouldn’t be part of the team, even with chittum gone. Such drama with this generation.

If true, Chittum seems like a guy that needs a pacifier.
Clone fans claim they can't compete in NIL, so this is nothing but a perceived dig at TnT from the Chittum camp.

exactly. cry me a river, he had a run in with a kid who isn’t even coming to iowa. cobe will stay up at 157 and beat him. look at swiderski and paniro, they can’t score point’s consistently and now chittum will be doomed to the same fate.

I would like to hear the reasons he left from Cody’s mouth. If he’s says it’s because he may have to be on a team with Anthony, then I’ll believe it and also know what a snowflake he is. I can’t remember being on a team, in a school, or at a job where there wasn’t at least one person I didn’t care for or vise versa. Same for my kids. But we don’t just abandon every overall good situation because of one asshole. It’s hard to find 100% perfect situations all the time in life, have to thicken your skin alittle. Also, hard to believe if Anthony wanted to be a hawk, knowing chittum was on the team, and him being older now, wouldn’t offer an olive branch . Hard to believe he would come in for a visit and try to start something. If so, then he shouldn’t be part of the team, even with chittum gone. Such drama with this generation.
Chittum did confirm it to Cody Goodwin.

what does that make...2 blue chip can't miss recruits in 17 years? Metcalf and Lee? Kueter if he actually sticks with wrestling?

we were told this was changing in 2017. It hasn't. After 17 years it's hard to believe it will ever change.

We all love them because they are the epitome of Iowa style, but they have failed at recruiting big time. This has been the case for years. It's why losing one wrestler is causing an uproar. There should be 3 or 4 Chittums on the roster right now. If there were this wouldn't be a big issue.

Your list of current Hawkeyes has combined for ZERO NCAA titles. Quit acting like that doesn't matter.

People are acting like it’s no big deal…when we just lost the #1 p4p kid over a family of bozos who Tom has been WARNED about recruiting. Big time donors as other wrestlers (both recruits and guys on the team now) have told him DO NOT RECRUIT these guys. This should’ve never happened.

And for you guys acting like the dad was the problem, you’re crazy. Shane Chittum is a great guy and his kid is awesome too. We lost a guy who has the ability to donate in the high six to low seven figures. STUPIDITY.

The fact Tom even thought about bringing them in, the fact this was his master plan to compete with PSU is what makes this whole thing a joke. It was an idiotic idea from the start trying to bring in a couple thugs loaded up with baggage for a quick fix. No awareness of how the dynamic of his own team could be affected.

This is a bad bad bad look
It sucks that he flipped his commitment but I don't really see how it's a bad look. He didn't want to be teammates with a certain guy. Is Iowa just not supposed to recruit people he doesn't want to be teammates with? You can't have recruits dictating what you do with your program.

It sucks that he flipped his commitment but I don't really see how it's a bad look. He didn't want to be teammates with a certain guy. Is Iowa just not supposed to recruit people he doesn't want to be teammates with? You can't have recruits dictating what you do with your program.
you can gloss over this to protect the coaching staff in their attempt to win. it was common knowledge and can’t be disputed that the this family including the dad had a history of causing trouble and creating problems…..and I’m being generous here. you insert a cancer into a locker room and this is exactly a likely result.

exactly. cry me a river, he had a run in with a kid who isn’t even coming to iowa. cobe will stay up at 157 and beat him. look at swiderski and paniro, they can’t score point’s consistently and now chittum will be doomed to the same fate.
And what if he gets to ISU and doesn't get along with Swiderski, or whomever. Do all Iowa football players love each other? Have past Iowa wrestling greats all loved each other? I don't judge Cody (or his dad?) for their decision, just not a mentality that works for me....if indeed that was a big part of their decision, as it sounds like it was.

you can gloss over this to protect the coaching staff in their attempt to win. it was common knowledge and can’t be disputed that the this family including the dad had a history of causing trouble and creating problems…..and I’m being generous here. you insert a cancer into a locker room and this is exactly a likely result.
I have no desire to protect the coaching staff. I don’t even follow wrestling that closely. It sucks to lose a recruit of Chittum’s caliber but it is what it is at this point. If that’s glossing over the loss so be it. Not sure what else I’m supposed to do besides say it sucks.

Would be interesting how this CC to Ames played out?

My guess is CC tried to find a home where he thought he could cast the biggest shadow on TnT.
PSU, Michigan, tOSU, and Nebby really don't have spots open. Minny is out because he already decommitted there.
Cornell and ASU aren't considered rivals.
What's left???
Answer...Clownville and he knows the jealousy of the ISU staff. I doubt Dresser reached out first. So, KD didn't recruit Chittum. Chittum recruited ISU.
A win for Dresser...for now.

We'll see what CC's career looks like down the road.

If you think he’s the only one pissed you’re not paying attention. These are violent individuals who good people don’t want to be around. Remember how Spencer Lee had no idea about any of this? Not understanding your culture and the toxic nature of the Ferrari idiots and moving forward without buy in with your leaders is next level poor decision making.

Development is now the goalpost, eh?

Who has TnT developed in the years KD’s been in L’Ames? (Besides AD.) lol

Well now that you’ve moved it, sure. For all the wrestling accolades it hasn’t translated into tangible coaching success for BM. (One of my all time faves on the mat.)

Would be interesting how this CC to Ames played out?

My guess is CC tried to find a home where he thought he could cast the biggest shadow on TnT.
PSU, Michigan, tOSU, and Nebby really don't have spots open. Minny is out because he already decommitted there.
Cornell and ASU aren't considered rivals.
What's left???
Answer...Clownville and he knows the jealousy of the ISU staff. I doubt Dresser reached out first. So, KD didn't recruit Chittum. Chittum recruited ISU.
A win for Dresser...for now.

We'll see what CC's career looks like down the road.
Made me wonder whether ISU supposedly cancelling the Ferrari visit(s) a few weeks ago was because ISU is now the squeaky clean moral compass in wrestling, or because it was a condition Chittum(s) demanded to go there. Truly wondering, not really trying to be judgemental or a smartass.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT