ADVERTISEMENT

Chittum wins silver, DeSanto bronze in Egypt

Todd Conner

HR MVP
Dec 23, 2004

It is great to be an Iowa Wrestling fan.

Go Hawks!

Last edited:
That Georgian wrestle is a little bitch. This isn't soccer. Quit crying to the ref about shit that is legal. Embarrassment to the sport whining about Austin's grip on his arm. Then a blatant eye poke as he's getting pinned. Nice match and win by Desanto!
That was not just a "poke to the eye"!!!! He was jamming is thumb trying to hurt DeSanto! He should have a minimum 1 year suspension for that!

Chittum is TUFF!!! Man am I glad we got him and pumped to watch him as a HAWK next year!

I like what I've seen from Chittum. He's getting better each time out. Crazy physical. Gets sloppy at times, but he's going to march college guys all over the mat with his underhook. Looks comfortable scrambling. We'll have to see how well he finishes against folkstyle defense to determine his ceiling, but he might be ready to contend right away next year at either 149/157. Both weights will be weak.

Hope to see him and Haines go at it for the junior spot at 70 kg this summer.

I like what I've seen from Chittum. He's getting better each time out. Crazy physical. Gets sloppy at times, but he's going to march college guys all over the mat with his underhook. Looks comfortable scrambling. We'll have to see how well he finishes against folkstyle defense to determine his ceiling, but he might be ready to contend right away next year at either 149/157. Both weights will be weak.

It's crazy how he just hammers his way into the underhook. He has an unusual combination of explosiveness and endurance. Can't wait to watch him over the next 4-5 years.

VERY comfortable scrambling. Seems to thrive off being comfortable in uncomfortable situations, especially in folk. Always seems to have a trap door. He’ll be the best pure scrambler we’ve had in quite some time, IMHO.

That Georgian wrestle is a little bitch. This isn't soccer. Quit crying to the ref about shit that is legal. Embarrassment to the sport whining about Austin's grip on his arm. Then a blatant eye poke as he's getting pinned. Nice match and win by Desanto!

And what the hell is the ref doing shaking his index finger at ADS when the Georgian complains about the grip? "Go easy on the grip, son, or this might get physical."

Chittum looks like a well-sized 70kg/154. Is he being penciled in at 149 as a legit thing, or is it just wishful thinking because there's no one else there?

How long since Cobe made 149?

We may have two 157 pounders next year.
I heard from a pretty good source that Cobe is still pretty light and could make 149 without much issue.

That being said, he's really tall (at least 6') and lean so I have a hard time imagining him being able to make 149.

Hopefully if that's the case then either Chittum is a full 57 pounder or Cobe can put another ten pounds on this off-season.

Chittum looks like a well-sized 70kg/154. Is he being penciled in at 149 as a legit thing, or is it just wishful thinking because there's no one else there?

How long since Cobe made 149?

We may have two 157 pounders next year.
He was 149 just last year. I’m not sure what variables enabled him to hit his stride this year or if he just wrestles better cutting less. It’s possible. He doesn’t appear “big” for 157 to me so my guess is the jump wasn’t dependent on going up to 157 this year. I’m hoping he can still be the same wrestler he is now back down at 149, as it sure seems Chittum is going 157.

He was 149 just last year. I’m not sure what variables enabled him to hit his stride this year or if he just wrestles better cutting less. It’s possible. He doesn’t appear “big” for 157 to me so my guess is the jump wasn’t dependent on going up to 157 this year. I’m hoping he can still be the same wrestler he is now back down at 149, as it sure seems Chittum is going 157.
Cobe's foot movement when it comes to defense has been an issue at times in the past. I'm guessing the extra cut combined with guys being quicker at 149 made that more of an issue. He will be more confident and undoubtedly has learned a lot this season so I'm sure if the cut isn't too much now he will be better at 149 than previously.

Reactions: moug and TarpHawk
I heard from a pretty good source that Cobe is still pretty light and could make 149 without much issue.

That being said, he's really tall (at least 6') and lean so I have a hard time imagining him being able to make 149.

Hopefully if that's the case then either Chittum is a full 57 pounder or Cobe can put another ten pounds on this off-season.
Height wise I would think chittum 49 cobe 57. Chittum is going to wreck shop next year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT