ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Rock

The dumbing down of America is not limited to one race! Absolutely a foolhearty move....and both their parts.
Blacks are looking for attention and rewards as a race, and then they act like this.....in public for everyone to see! ( but then I suppose Smith felt he was dissed.....and Rock didn’t realize how stupid his remarks were.)
Wow.

Well, you sir certainly are. If part of you is black, I would really be embarrasssed. This is no way for blacks to react in a public setting. Not if they want to prove to the world they are ready lead. Punching out someone who has “dissed you” is certainly not a behavior worth imitating. Will Smith acted the part of Donald Trump… abs as a white Persian, Trump’s behavior certainly embarrassed me more than once.

Certainly not brining your "A" game.

How is this a race thing, at all?
Exactly, this is an example of a man who made a bad choice in an attempt to "defend" his wife. Being a celebrity has more to do with him not being arrested than either man's race.

Also, wow. Lol. And yes, you do not deserve more than being laughed at.
Yep. If not poetry, it’s “lol” from you. The racist rants from your fellow left wing nut expose aspects of your party that are only talked about behind closed doors.

• Haha
Reactions: unsubstantiated
Yep. If not poetry, it’s “lol” from you. The racist rants from your fellow left wing nut expose aspects of your party that are only talked about behind closed doors.
A double down on the dumb,
to the point I’m now nearly numb.
With the depth of an infant’s thumb,
your insights embarrass even your mum.

*I know this because she just told me.

“Did you walk onstage and slap the host during the Academy Awards broadcast?”

(Nods affirmatively)

“We’re gonna- we’re gonna circle back to that.”

Reactions: sandiegohawk
IMO what makes it worse is that Smith is bigger than Rock so it looks like bullying.
And usually, the jokes are all written well before the show by other writers and even rehearsed beforehand-the odds are that Smith smacked the wrong person.

Reactions: kkhawk
The dumbing down of America is not limited to one race! Absolutely a foolhearty move....and both their parts.
Blacks are looking for attention and rewards as a race, and then they act like this.....in public for everyone to see! ( but then I suppose Smith felt he was dissed.....and Rock didn’t realize how stupid his remarks were.)
giphy.gif

I'm not a fan of these shows but I happened to switch over about 10 minutes before the incident. This one situation is probably going to eliminate any type of comedy where people are being talked about. The comedy normally shows the actors/actresses can be human, but now that's probably ruined. All that's left will be a bunch of people who think they're great and a bunch of speeches that mean nothing to listen to.

If I was running the next award show I'd invite Will Smith (with his whole family) and have triumph be the surprise guest host. That would be good tv.

Well, it's Hollyweird, everything they do is about race. This one may have backfired for them. The State Farm guy used to be white, they just can't help themselves.
Meh. The new "Jake" is a card-carrying member of the Screen Actors Guild, the old "Jake" was an actual State Farm employee. Most TV commercials (at least the non-local ones) are produced in Hollywood and use professional actors these days.

As for the Oscars, they've either caused irreparable damage, or have found a new way to bolster their sagging ratings.

Chances are, though mildly entertaining, we won't see anymore celebs pulling a Juwan Howard anytime soon. The Academy Award ceremony is virtually irrelevant these days, and honestly the winners should simply be announced through the major networks and online. There is no need for a ceremony for something that's about as relevant as front court-dominated college basketball.

Reactions: 24 so far
This is about two people, why does their race matter?
Correct, it shouldn't. Chris Rock has made a living making fun of both black and white folks in his comedy routines, but that wasn't the basis of last night's extra-curricular activities (not even close).

Well, you sir certainly are. If part of you is black, I would really be embarrasssed. This is no way for blacks to react in a public setting. Not if they want to prove to the world they are ready lead. Punching out someone who has “dissed you” is certainly not a behavior worth imitating. Will Smith acted the part of Donald Trump… abs as a white Persian, Trump’s behavior certainly embarrassed me more than once.

joel likes country music too.

2dWhcI.gif

Reactions: ihhawk
Will Smith has always been a big eared buffoon. Everyone knows DJ Jazzy Jeff had the real talent! Word ;)

200.gif

The Oscars perfectly demonstrated why Hollywood’s reaction to the #MeToo thing was such bullshit and why they let Harvey Weinstein get away with what he did.

If a regular person walked on stage for any reason, they would be removed from the theater. Will Smith got to slap the presenter and walk right back to his seat. Then at the commercial break he had two of the biggest stars in the world comforting him for committing a crime.

Last edited:
The Oscars perfectly demonstrated why the #MeToo thing was such bullshit and why Hollywood let Harvey Weinstein get away with what he did.

If a regular person walked on stage for any reason, they would be removed from the theater. Will Smith got to slap the presenter and walk right back to his seat. Then at the commercial break he had two of the biggest stars in the world comforting him for committing a crime.
Lol wow

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT