ADVERTISEMENT

PMac wins Chris Street award

What I thought was interesting is that Tony Perkins, a starter and 2nd (?) leading scorer on the team wasn't recognized with a single end of season team recognition award, presumably because he's transferring/transferred. Yet, PMac, who's also transferring, won perhaps the most coveted end of season recognition? Not sure what it says, exactly, but it says something.
It says one thing pretty clearly from Fran's perspective.
king-history.gif

I agree with everything said but atleast Fran is keeping it going and involving the Streets each year
That isn’t much of an endorsement. Shutting out the Streets or the award would bring the pitchforks from the last of Fran’s supporters.

I have not been able to find out if the award is voted on by the team or Fran has the final say but Pat sure is a curious choice. Obviously there are some great players that won the award previously, but even the non All-conference types likes Wade never left you questioning there effort ala CMS40.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
She still cannot forgive an innocent man for an accident.

It's not as if he willfully and maliciously killed CMS. It's obvious that he is still hurting from the scenario, and feels for the Street family.

Life is too short. Move on.
Yeah, it was Chris's mistake. He probably just didn't see him coming, probably had nothing to do with speed or anything. I've looked before and didn't see anything and looked again and there was a car there, kinda weird. The snow plow was probably hard to see also with the blade maybe partially blocking some lights, and it was dark. It was an accident, they happen all the time

Anyone have a clue of how the award is voted on?

If teammates have a secret vote.... then it is what it is.

If it's a head coach decision... Then Fran has losr his mind. Payton Sandfort is the player that would match the "spirit of Chis' intensity". Owen Freeman would be up for consideration too.

Last year Murray and Rebraca won it. No issues with that selection, although I'd prefer you just pick ONE player, which Rebraca would be a good choice.

It's not an MVP award. It the player that "best exemplifies the spirit, enthusiasm and intensity of Chris Street".

Enthusiasm AFTER a dunk, is the only enthusiasm I can remember from PMac.

Reactions: Old_wrestling_fan
That isn’t much of an endorsement. Shutting out the Streets or the award would bring the pitchforks from the last of Fran’s supporters.

I have not been able to find out if the award is voted on by the team or Fran has the final say but Pat sure is a curious choice. Obviously there are some great players that won the award previously, but even the non All-conference types likes Wade never left you questioning there effort ala CMS40.
Not important on who voted. More important is who counted the votes?

Reactions: DewHawk
I wasn't going to weigh in on this but this is just wrong on so many levels. Spirit, Intensity, Enthusiasm. That describes Freeman's game to a T, or Payton, or maybe Dix but the butterfly watcher- no fricking way. I was heartbroken when Chris passed away, Patrick leaving for Butler, not in the least heartbroken.

Fran made a mockery of the award with his nepotism to his kids. It is truly sad. Chris is looking down, shaking his head.

I use to be a Fran supporter, then my positive vibes started to wain. Now, I can't wait for him to leave.

Yeah, it was Chris's mistake. He probably just didn't see him coming, probably had nothing to do with speed or anything. I've looked before and didn't see anything and looked again and there was a car there, kinda weird. The snow plow was probably hard to see also with the blade maybe partially blocking some lights, and it was dark. It was an accident, they happen all the time
I cannot--and do NOT want to--imagine the pain of losing a child, but you're correct. The poor man was doing his job, and a public service, and was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Not saying the design of the plow wasn't poor, but he took a life and if you're any sort of human being, even when it's not your fault, that has to suck to live with every day.
Hopefully Patty can see that at some point.

Anyone have a clue of how the award is voted on?

If teammates have a secret vote.... then it is what it is.

If it's a head coach decision... Then Fran has losr his mind. Payton Sandfort is the player that would match the "spirit of Chis' intensity". Owen Freeman would be up for consideration too.

Last year Murray and Rebraca won it. No issues with that selection, although I'd prefer you just pick ONE player, which Rebraca would be a good choice.

It's not an MVP award. It the player that "best exemplifies the spirit, enthusiasm and intensity of Chris Street".

Enthusiasm AFTER a dunk, is the only enthusiasm I can remember from PMac.
And those were very rare.

Reactions: BlameIt
This feels wrong on every level. Coach’s kids need to exceed the standards for any award or privilege. He didn’t even meet the minimum. Too bad. Maybe next week he will win the Nobel Peace Prize. He’s just as qualified.
No they shouldn't have to exceed the standards. That's weird. You shouldn't punish someone for who their dad is.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT