ADVERTISEMENT

Christie pulls ahead of DeSantis in New Hampshire GOP primary: poll

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
  • more

Former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) has surpassed Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) in the critical early presidential primary state of New Hampshire, according to an Emerson College survey released Tuesday.
Christie leapfrogged DeSantis for second place in the Granite State, garnering 9 percent support. DeSantis’s support, on the other hand, fell to 8 percent from 17 percent in March. Christie’s 1-point lead over DeSantis falls within the poll’s plus-or-minus 3.4 percent margin of error.
“DeSantis has been the alternative to Trump in Emerson polling this presidential cycle. This is the first time we have seen DeSantis drop out of second place in our polling, and fall back into the pack of candidates,” said Spencer Kimball, the executive director of Emerson College Polling.
Christie’s campaign has maintained an intense focus on New Hampshire, while DeSantis’s team has prioritized Iowa. However, DeSantis has still made a number of trips to the Granite State.

South Carolina Sen. Tim Scott trails DeSantis in fourth place at 6 percent support, while North Dakota Gov. Doug Burgum and former U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley tied at 4 percent. Businessmen Vivek Ramaswamy and Perry Johnson came in at 3 percent and 2 percent, respectively. Former Vice President Mike Pence and former Rep. Will Hurd (Texas) each received 1 percent support.
Thirteen percent of voters said they were undecided.
The Real Clear Politics polling average shows Trump in first place at 54.5 percent support, while DeSantis is in second place at 14.8 percent. Ramaswamy is in third place at 6.3 percent.
The Emerson College Poll was conducted August 9-11 among 837 registered voters in New Hampshire.

Someone better get our resident Rhonda Santis apologists a glass of wine with this news.

Reactions: nelly02
He's a more polished Trump.

Those of us with TDS underrated his rizz. Ronny D has a lot of the same baggage (as far as politics are concerned) but none of the rizz. Trump hosted a popular TV show for like 10 years while Ron did legal paperwork out of the spotlight to cover up illegal torture. Ron should be trying for the CIA or NSA and not the white house

Of course, if you are one of the few Republicans who wants someone other than Trump than you are naturally going to prefer the guy who's actually attacking Trump over the guy who's trying to somehow run against him while at the same time kowtowing to him.

I don't get it. He's a more polished Trump. Why can't he get traction?

He is in no way polished. He literally has no people skills or personality. He can only be put in extremely controlled settings and even then he struggles. His candidacy is a creation of the billionaire class. There is no groundswell movement supporting his campaign.

DES MOINES, IA— Hoping to initiate a casual chat with an average citizen during his campaign stop at the Iowa State Fair, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) reportedly said, “Ah, pissing, I love to piss,” this week when attempting to strike up a conversation with a voter. “Boy, do I just adore pissing. What a great way to use my penis,” said DeSantis, moments after seeing a stranger was in the men’s restroom, before unzipping his fly much too early as he walked up to a urinal. “Don’t you love to piss, also? I do it multiple times a day. If I drink a lot of water that day it’s pretty clear, but if I haven’t, it will be more yellow. Sometimes I like to call it tinkling, but there’s nothing more American than a good, hearty piss.” At press time, DeSantis also professed his love for shitting.

If things go poorly in the upcoming Wisconsin debate, as it appears it could, he might be gone after New Hampshire.
DeSantis just doesn't seem to have great people skills and doesn't do well in nonacripted settings.

Reactions: GOHOX69 and lucas80
Poor Ron. Spending a whole week in Iowa getting touched by fat poors, Trump gets indicted and a bunch of free media, and Christie is gaining traction in one of the critical states. Pretty soon he'll have to go back to Florida and pretend he gives AF about being governor.

DES MOINES, IA— Hoping to initiate a casual chat with an average citizen during his campaign stop at the Iowa State Fair, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) reportedly said, “Ah, pissing, I love to piss,” this week when attempting to strike up a conversation with a voter. “Boy, do I just adore pissing. What a great way to use my penis,” said DeSantis, moments after seeing a stranger was in the men’s restroom, before unzipping his fly much too early as he walked up to a urinal. “Don’t you love to piss, also? I do it multiple times a day. If I drink a lot of water that day it’s pretty clear, but if I haven’t, it will be more yellow. Sometimes I like to call it tinkling, but there’s nothing more American than a good, hearty piss.” At press time, DeSantis also professed his love for shitting.

I read way too much of this before realizing it was an Onion article 😂

Those 54.5% are dumb as ****.
There was this dude on College Football Soundoff. Said he hasn't voted in decades. Said he was at one time a Black Panther and later knocked on doors for Ted Kennedy in 1980. Says he now has to vote for Trump to find out why the deep state is persecuting him. Assuming any of that's true, I wonder how many new non-voters there are now that Trump is the subject of deep state lawfare.

oddly enough, I didn’t even realize this was the onion until it got to “what a great way to use my penis.” Lol

****ing weird times when you can’t easily recognize satire anymore. Between this and the kid the other day that lost his shit because white and black kids were holding hands… I just…

oddly enough, I didn’t even realize this was the onion until it got to “what a great way to use my penis.” Lol

****ing weird times when you can’t easily recognize satire anymore. Between this and the kid the other day that lost his shit because white and black kids were holding hands… I just…
FWIW, I noticed that the rest room looked a little nicer than any I've encountered at the Iowa State Fair.

There was this dude on College Football Soundoff. Said he hasn't voted in decades. Said he was at one time a Black Panther and later knocked on doors for Ted Kennedy in 1980. Says he now has to vote for Trump to find out why the deep state is persecuting him. Assuming any of that's true, I wonder how many new non-voters there are now that Trump is the subject of deep state lawfare.
Trump didn't create the anger and grievances that drive Trump voters, he was just the perfect amplifier. He drives a passionate base. It's the brand loyal Republicans who know better but keep voting for Trump that piss me off, and leave me shaking my head.

There is a lane for a moderate Republican candidate to emerge who is anti Trump. The Donald is wobbling. And he is MAGA. The cult will deflate when he goes.

And if the Republicans find and nominate such a candidate, they will likely win the presidency over a Joe Biden who just struggles to connect due to age. Biden beats Trump easily.

Reactions: hawkeyetraveler
Can you imagine losing any kind of race to Chris Christie?

There’s a reason the big money Republicans are courting Youngkin.

Reactions: lucas80
There is a lane for a moderate Republican candidate to emerge who is anti Trump. The Donald is wobbling. And he is MAGA. The cult will deflate when he goes.

And if the Republicans find and nominate such a candidate, they will likely win the presidency over a Joe Biden who just struggles to connect due to age. Biden beats Trump easily.
The problem is only Christie and Hutchinson have broken from Trump. Even today a seemingly normal Tim Scott was bowing and scraping to Trump by decrying the weaponization of the justice system. They all figure they need the cult in order to win if they somehow get past Trump, so they bow and scrape.

Reactions: cigaretteman

If Turd isn't the nominee, MAGA won't vote or they'll vote against the Republican nominee.
I see very little chance of a Republican winning the WH next year.
Biden's margin over Trump would be even larger than the beating in 2020, imo.

The problem is only Christie and Hutchinson have broken from Trump. Even today a seemingly normal Tim Scott was bowing and scraping to Trump by decrying the weaponization of the justice system. They all figure they need the cult in order to win if they somehow get past Trump, so they bow and scrape.

Can't advertise yourself as a moderate if you can't leave the radical camp.

Hutchison won't commit either. Christie is the only R with a spine. Pathetic. It's too late for these cowards to demonstrate character to deserve the office. They don't have the balls to challenge. Pathetic.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT