ADVERTISEMENT

Chubba Purdy transferring from Nebraska football

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
Quarterback Chubba Purdy is transferring from Nebraska, his dad, Shawn Purdy, confirmed Wednesday evening.
Chubba Purdy started four games over two seasons at NU, including losses to Wisconsin and Iowa at the end of the 2023 campaign. This will be his second school change — his first stop was at Florida State — but Purdy, who is will finish his degree this month, will be able to gain immediate eligibility elsewhere as a graduate transfer.

The Huskers now have three scholarship quarterbacks: Junior-to-be Heinrich Haarberg and freshmen Dylan Raiola and Daniel Kaelin.
Purdy committed to Nebraska nearly two years ago largely on the strength of his relationship with then-Husker offensive coordinator Mark Whipple. The former four-star prospect played in six games this year while battling a variety of injuries. He operated on an if-needed basis for much of the season behind Jeff Sims and later Haarberg.

People are also reading…​

In his most recent interview before the Iowa game last month, Purdy was noncommittal about his place as a quarterback at Nebraska — “after the season when everything’s done, we’ll go from there,” he said.

“It’s crazy," Purdy said as he reflected on his career. "I look back and I’m like, ‘Man, it’s already been four years. I feel like I just got to college.’ I’ve dealt with a lot — surgeries and whatnot and setbacks. Obviously, I had some playing time and didn’t really play well. That’s all part of it, part of the process. You just gotta keep working and that’s just the main thing is just put your head down and just keep going.”
Purdy hadn’t officially entered the portal as of Wednesday evening but intended to do so.

It came a few hours after coach Matt Rhule said at his signing-day press conference he opted not to offer a scholarship to any one-year transfer quarterback because he thought Purdy and Haarberg had “earned the chance to go compete in the spring without someone coming in that’s a year ahead of them.”

“I think as we move forward, everything will be earned and nothing will be given,” Rhule said. “It will be great competition. It’ll be great learning and great development. We have some pretty special players in that room.”

pic of mom?
midwest 10, west coast 7

maxresdefault.jpg

Reactions: cigaretteman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT