ADVERTISEMENT

Chuck Yagla

Wishing Chuck well, great guy and a fighter. I can’t imagine size of the balls on this heart that tried to attack Chuck. Sorry. Wrestling legend in so many ways. The ultimate underdog.

Sadden to hear of Chuck Yagla’s recent health difficulty. I had the real pleasure of watching Chuck wrestle for the University of Iowa. Always high voltage in the old fieldhouse. Some members of this board will recall a group of National Champions in the middle of Iowa’s lineup; Brad Smith (142 lbs.) Chuck Yagla (150 lbs.) Dan Holm (158 lbs.) Chris Campbell (177 lbs.); formidable talent, a tough foursome.

On several occasions I had the pleasure to visit with Chuck during the annual Midlands Wrestling Tournament. Chuck had a wealth knowledge of wrestling history and always provided insights to the current wrestling world. I am confident Chuck will recover from this health setback, he has seen adversity before and prevailed.

Chuck Yagla, gentleman in every sense of the word.

https://hof.hawkeyesports.com/inductees/charles-edward-yagla/

Nothing but positive thoughts & prayers here for Chuck's full recovery. He's impacted the great sport of wrestling on so many different levels. Class act all the way.

Reactions: grapplefann
I still remember Chuck winning his National championships and how tough he was as a Hawkeye. I am sure he is battling through this medical setback just as he battled on the mats. He is a true example of a class act and a Great Hawkeye champion. Get well soon Chuck !

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT