ADVERTISEMENT

CJ Beathard’s Uncle

No, it’s 100% correct. Obviously some people are ignorant to that fact when they use it, but it was created to directly combat BLM.

It’s what white supremacy has become. Now that it’s (mostly) finally taboo in society it is relegated to code speak with plausible deniability. Of course we believe every life matters, but that’s not really what it means.

I’ve never understood the victim mentality that arises when somebody else is merely trying to become equal to you. If you get 6 chicken nuggets in a meal and they only get 5...how does that hurt you for them to also get 6? It doesn’t unless you feel you are inherently better and deserve more than them.
Speaking of victim mentality why does all lives matter basically translate to black and white lives matter(to the blm clan) You forget brown red and yellow?

More silliness. There's this disease where certain progressives can't seem to understand why people might do what they do.

Poor reasoning is triggering. People comment comment on actions and reasoning on the basis of the logic employed by persons involved in said items.

The rest of your text goes on to explain where misunderstanding/poor interpretation may be present, but doesn't signify any necessary attachment to white supremacy.

(unless you have a bizarre definition of white supremacy)

You know as well as I that there are lots of people that don't like the language of BLM -- including its slogan -- or its actions, but absolutely believe that unfair treatment towards blacks is a problem.

They're not white supremacists.
Of course. But that’s a helluva lot different than using the phrase “All Lives Matter” in response to the phrase “Black Lives Matter”.

The triggering is because you’re absolutely right, @ping72. The litmus test: Do these same people immediately say “All Lives Matter” after a policeman is shot? Of course not. They’ll even shout out “Blue Lives Matter” which is even more blatantly white supremacist code.

It’s like responding to the coronavirus outbreak by throwing up your hands and saying, “Well, all viruses matter”. Well, duh, but that’s not the most pressing issue now, is it? It’s a minimizing of systemic problems because your whiteness has blinded you and made you fragile.

You really are not gifted. Of course black lives matter, and I understand why they get upset when someone says all or blue lives because they feel people think oh well, just another black man when they lose their life in a police encounter.

So I get it. And I agree with it. But when people like @ping72 regurgitate all lives matter is code speak for white supremacy, I call bullshit, and I stand by that.

Reactions: SDHN2013
You really are not gifted. Of course black lives matter, and I understand why they get upset when someone says all or blue lives because they feel people think oh well, just another black man when they lose their life in a police encounter.

So I get it. And I agree with it. But when people like @ping72 regurgitate all lives matter is code speak for white supremacy, I call bullshit, and I stand by that.
And I stand by that there are only two logical conclusions to the use of such language, which are parodies of the original phrase: being either consciously a white supremacist, or subconsciously. That’s the only logical breakdown. Sorry.

And I stand by that there are only two logical conclusions to the use of such language, which are parodies of the original phrase: being either consciously a white supremacist, or subconsciously. That’s the only logical breakdown. Sorry.

It’s too bad you by into the slap a label on everyone.

This "code speak" accusation seems like a pretty useful tool, I gotta say.

Don't agree with someone but unable to counter their words? Take a phrase, grab the gadget and apply a few spins.

Soon, based on what you think they think,
you can call them a racist ... or worse!

Then having once labeled someone, you and others of similar goodwill, can dox, cancel, or just plain cap their ass in a riot situation. So cool!

Reactions: Hawgk

Then why are there numerous videos of white racists screaming all lives matter at black people with no BLM references at all. They scream it like they would the n-word.

I get it. Not everyone who uses it is racist. But by using it, you’re letting racists hide behind your use of it. If normal people stopped using it, it would only leave the racists to be exposed.

I know not everyone will understand and/or agree. But those same people should know that a not insignificant number of people share my opinion. You may not care about our opinion, but don’t bitch about the ramifications.

Reactions: 3boysmom
This "code speak" accusation seems like a pretty useful tool, I gotta say.

Don't agree with someone but unable to counter their words? Take a phrase, grab the gadget and apply a few spins.

Soon, based on what you think they think,
you can call them a racist ... or worse!

Then having once labeled someone, you and others of similar goodwill, can dox, cancel, or just plain cap their ass in a riot situation. So cool!
That’s already being done to people minding their own business and eating dinner. If you’re not with them you’re against them.

Reactions: SoonerBeAHawk
Is it just me or does it seem like the same people defending the phrase All Lives Matter are the ones saying Covid19 isn't that serious because only people over 65 or with preexisting conditions die from the virus?

They scream it like they would the n-word.

If they were white “supremacists”, why wouldn’t they just scream the “n-word”?

The goal posts of what constitutes a white supremacist has moved from a segregationist, to a user of the “n-word”, to now a person who believes “all lives matter”.

The scale should tip somewhere between the use of an offensive word (offensive being subject of the skin color of the person using the word) and freedom of speech.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT