ADVERTISEMENT

CJ Beathard

What a freaking gutsy performance from him. He got absolutely pummeled in the first half and kept it together. He willed them into getting into field goal range.

So much fun to watch.

Dude is a gamer. Kept our offense in that game single handley. His stats don't tell the whole story, despite 250+ passing.

Reactions: rfgiowa
He is the total package at QB, most people saw it right away. Gonna be a fun two years and then I think this kid has a solid pro career. Not a weakness in his game.

Took hit after hit in the second quarter, and somehow just stood against it and drove the field. That was a big time drive for a QB.

And at the end, taking those yards like he's been there before. So impressive.

Reactions: sloehawk
PRESENCE - in the pocket as well as outside of it. He has feel for the game that is going on around him. It's not something that can be taught. Some guys have it, most do not. (Matt Sherman did not!)

Elite QB play...

Iowa really needs some receivers and rbs with speed...This has been mentioned for decades but still is true...

Reactions: djwoody
I honestly thought after that helmet to helmet with him already being a bit gimpy that the writing was on the wall. That guy can take some serious punishment. It was getting cringe worthy for me seeing him getting slammed play after play. He held it together so well. Just straight up will at that point. This season just officially got exciting.

Agree...said it time and time before 2 freaking years ago...but all we did was get grief for stating our point of view. Glad Kirk finally had a change of heart. That said...CJB took some serious hits. He's gonna be hurting all over tomorrow. Get some rest... maybe coach should start the 3rd string qb next week

Reactions: Kurt Warner
Almost as impressive as CJB has been, Kirk has done a complete 180 in my eyes...shesh. All I was asking was for some chance taking . He's blown my mind this year, so far

Reactions: BuckRussel
Almost as impressive as CJB has been, Kirk has done a complete 180 in my eyes...shesh. All I was asking was for some chance taking . He's blown my mind this year, so far
Its true. Kirk didn't curl up in the fetal position (the Kirk we know) when King ran the kickoff back out to the 30, with :52 seconds to play (?) he let Beathard run the Offense. We all saw the result. It wasn't a miracle. These things DO happen with the ball and some timeouts late in games.

100% without a doubt in my mind, the "old" Kirk Ferentz takes a couple of knees and gets ready for OT, or he hands off to a guy who shimmies but does not run, with BOTH hands, arms, chin, etc. firmly wrapped around the ball until he is tackled or falls down a few yards downfield, clock running. The Hot Seat has been good for Kirk, IMO. (a rubgy style punt? Are you kidding me! Ha!)

We may very well have won this game with the "old" Kirk Ferentz, but we would have had to win it in OT. And I would be remiss to not send out a bit of praise to the much maligned Greg Davis. He's done a pretty damn good job this year as well. Having a good QB changes a lot of things.............................

Agree...said it time and time before 2 freaking years ago...but all we did was get grief for stating our point of view. Glad Kirk finally had a change of heart. That said...CJB took some serious hits. He's gonna be hurting all over tomorrow. Get some rest... maybe coach should start the 3rd string qb next week

Can you imagine how infuriating it must have been for CJ to sit behind Rudock?

I don't know how he did it.

He is the total package at QB, most people saw it right away. Gonna be a fun two years and then I think this kid has a solid pro career. Not a weakness in his game.
Really, the only weakness in his game is experience. I don't think he has a problem with recognizing a blitz; I think he just needs more experience with blitzes so he can avoid getting sacked.

Reactions: Mohawkeye
After 3 games, Beathard has thrown for 684 yards and
4 touchdowns. He has rushed for 142 yards and 3 TDs.
He has the total package to make defenses wary of
both his arm and legs. If he can avoid serious injury,
he could take the Hawkeyes on his back to win the
West division of the Big Ten this season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT