ADVERTISEMENT

CJB interview

Originally posted by evashevsky58:
The interviewers drilled CJ with questions for 9 minutes about the quarterback position. I thought CJ looked uncomfortable at times but he handled it like a pro. Never said a bad word about anyone. He's an honest, good kid. Said he thought he was better than Jake when asked directly but not at all in a cocky way. Also admitted that during the season he had improvements he had needed to make.

This post was edited on 4/2 8:24 PM by evashevsky58
When asked directly or 'drilled' about (as someone esle put it) whether he was better than Jake, it used to be the player would respond, "Well I don't know about that, You'd have to ask the coaches about that." Or something along those lines.
Sounds a litle smug to me, and I don't know how anyone can't believe that this 'I might transfer stuff', right before the bowl game wasn't a huge distraction to the team. T. Smith talked about how annoying all the qb talk was and I'm sure it was for a lot of the players.
He doesn't sound like a great 'team' player to me.

I listened to that interview and nowhere did he say that he was better than Jake or a better athlete. People read what they want out of things.

"Well I don't know about that, You'd have to ask the coaches about that." Or something along those lines. 
Sounds a litle smug to me'

Sorry but WTF did you want him to say? "no he was better and honestly I think Tyler should be starting over me?"

I dig the confidence for the first time since Stanzi.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by theotherjustin:
"Well I don't know about that, You'd have to ask the coaches about that." Or something along those lines.Â
Sounds a litle smug to me'

Sorry but WTF did you want him to say? "no he was better and honestly I think Tyler should be starting over me?"

I dig the confidence for the first time since Stanzi.

Posted from Rivals Mobile
Actually Rudock was very confident as well and you could tell it in all of the interviews. He never once hinted for a second that he thought CJ should be starting and when he lost his spot he was gone. Now he has a scholarship to play for one of the most sought after coaches ever. You think Rudock wasn't conrfident?

Originally posted by BuddyRydell:
Originally posted by evashevsky58:
The interviewers drilled CJ with questions for 9 minutes about the quarterback position. I thought CJ looked uncomfortable at times but he handled it like a pro. Never said a bad word about anyone. He's an honest, good kid. Said he thought he was better than Jake when asked directly but not at all in a cocky way. Also admitted that during the season he had improvements he had needed to make.

This post was edited on 4/2 8:24 PM by evashevsky58
When asked directly or 'drilled' about (as someone esle put it) whether he was better than Jake, it used to be the player would respond, "Well I don't know about that, You'd have to ask the coaches about that." Or something along those lines.
Sounds a litle smug to me, and I don't know how anyone can't believe that this 'I might transfer stuff', right before the bowl game wasn't a huge distraction to the team. T. Smith talked about how annoying all the qb talk was and I'm sure it was for a lot of the players.
He doesn't sound like a great 'team' player to me.
Well you don't have a right to an opinion Buddy. Unless it's a 'informed' opinion. So who cares what you think, why don't you tell him that to his face? I bet you wouldn't even have the courage to.

It was clearly expressed as an informed opinion as I corroborated it with supporting statements.
I would have no problem asking him if he thought some of his utterances would lead some to believe he is not a team player.
I will answer appropriate questions and concerns, otherwise don't address me. I can't help you. You need a professional.

Originally posted by illhawkdvv:

I listened to that interview and nowhere did he say that he was better than Jake or a better athlete. People read what they want out of things.
Yes he did. "In my mind, I felt like I was the better athlete and could do more things," Beathard said Wednesday in his first interview with Iowa media in five months.

Originally posted by FG86:

Originally posted by HawktimusPrime:

Originally posted by ThatsFootball:

I haven't seen any comments about CJB's interview that he is a better option and athlete than JR, although really haven't read thru all threads.

Seems that is questioning the decision to start JR last year. Also didn't seem appropriate to throw JR under the bus like that. He transferred, move up and no need to comment on him.

IDK, I thought his comments were a little over the top.
Also, I disagree with this. He was asked questions and he answered them. If speaking your mind is over the top, then let's stay over the top.
Agreed. He pointed out that he and Jake were friends and that he wishes him the best. I have no problem with a QB that is confident but not cocky. Seems like a pretty damn good trait for someone who is expected to be a leader for this team.
I am okay with being confident but I felt like saying he is better than Jake and a better athlete just seems a bit much.
He does in fact have a better arm, quicker release, and is faster and a better runner. GD himself said he would implement more run packages with him at the helm last year. I can tell you, that he's more equipped for a possible pro career than Jake was.

I liked Jake a lot and liked him as a player and a Hawkeye. I do though think that CJB being the better athlete is pretty clear. The only thing Jake had on him from what I can see at this point, is the experience game-wise and practice wise.

Why do you believe he isn't a better athlete?
I never said he wasn't the better athlete. He basically threw Ferentz and his former teammate under the bus.
No he didn't. Man some of you read into stuff that simply isn't there. Is answered a question honestly. He didn't disparage KF or Jake. He thinks he is a better athlete when asked why he should start. Its true. What did you expect him to say? Damn some of you just look for crap that isn't there.

Originally posted by cohawk:

Originally posted by ThatsFootball:

I haven't seen any comments about CJB's interview that he is a better option and athlete than JR, although really haven't read thru all threads.

Seems that is questioning the decision to start JR last year. Also didn't seem appropriate to throw JR under the bus like that. He transferred, move up and no need to comment on him.

IDK, I thought his comments were a little over the top.
Also, I disagree with this. He was asked questions and he answered them. If speaking your mind is over the top, then let's stay over the top.
Agreed. He pointed out that he and Jake were friends and that he wishes him the best. I have no problem with a QB that is confident but not cocky. Seems like a pretty damn good trait for someone who is expected to be a leader for this team.
I am okay with being confident but I felt like saying he is better than Jake and a better athlete just seems a bit much.
He does in fact have a better arm, quicker release, and is faster and a better runner. GD himself said he would implement more run packages with him at the helm last year. I can tell you, that he's more equipped for a possible pro career than Jake was.

I liked Jake a lot and liked him as a player and a Hawkeye. I do though think that CJB being the better athlete is pretty clear. The only thing Jake had on him from what I can see at this point, is the experience game-wise and practice wise.

Why do you believe he isn't a better athlete?
I never said he wasn't the better athlete. He basically threw Ferentz and his former teammate under the bus.
No he didn't. Man some of you read into stuff that simply isn't there. Is answered a question honestly. He didn't disparage KF or Jake. He thinks he is a better athlete when asked why he should start. Its true. What did you expect him to say? Damn some of you just look for crap that isn't there.
The question asked was not in the article. But why was the one who was better not starting?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT