ADVERTISEMENT

Clark Three-point shooting contest

hawkaeg80

HR MVP
Dec 28, 2014
Cedar Rapids
I would love to see Clark play a three-point shooting contest with any guy in college. Heck, it would be interesting Clark v anyone in the NBA. Part of the game would be who can shoot from the furthest from the basketball.
Last night Clark shot a 40 Foot shot to win it. Notice that I typed "shot". That was not a heave or a Hail Mary. It was a legit shot from 40 feet. I used to say "Unbelievable". Now I just say "WOW!"

I would love to see Clark play a three-point shooting contest with any guy in college. Heck, it would be interesting Clark v anyone in the NBA. Part of the game would be who can shoot from the furthest from the basketball.
Last night Clark shot a 40 Foot shot to win it. Notice that I typed "shot". That was not a heave or a Hail Mary. It was a legit shot from 40 feet. I used to say "Unbelievable". Now I just say "WOW!"
CC is a great shooter who still keeps good form on her logo bombs…..very impressive.

But if she shoots against guys….would she still get to use a smaller ball than they do? You could argue there’s limited control benefit due to strength & hand size differences, but no denying a smaller ball gives more leeway on same sized hoop. Not bashing CC or WBB, but not really a fair match.

Reactions: cm8124
Probably more like 35-36' but the legend grows, so all good, lol...Figure the half court mark would be 47' so I'd say the beak is around 34 maybe? Still you are correct, her logo "shots" are jump shots and not heaves, and few women or men can shoot jumpers from that range with the same repeatable motion...

Reactions: LukaDuka
What amazes me with her shooting is how she can stroke the ball from such distance without altering her shooting mechanics. Hell, I'd have difficulty just getting it to the rim from that distance by even heaving the ball.

What amazes me with her shooting is how she can stroke the ball from such distance without altering her shooting mechanics. Hell, I'd have difficulty just getting it to the rim from that distance by even heaving the ball.
True, but like most great shooters its all in the legs. The arm and wrist are guides but the legs and core do the work. Clark may look slim in the upper body, but she's put together from the waist down. That and thousands of shots for muscle memory...

Reactions: hagarwood
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT