ADVERTISEMENT

College Football HC Job Openings

RedAgentRadar

Team MVP
Jan 30, 2011
Loving Kirk Ferentz! Ferentz's teams will ebb and flow from average to good due to the way Iowa has to recruit. Obvs he's on a flow with two more really positive recruting classes in 2015 on the team and 2016 on the books. At the end of the day, thank God we have him and we aren't a part of the mess that is going down with CF HC jobs!

UIowa doesn't want to be looking for a coach at the same time as these jobs are being filled. These coaching positions will make a huge impact on the landscape of college football adn many will greatly affect the Iowa Hawkeyes immediately (Illinois, Maryland and Minnesota) and in the next couple years. Throw ISU in the mix and there is major turmoil in 30-to-50% of the teams on Iowa's schedule. I love it!

Try playing the musical chairs guessing game.

Illinois - PJ Fleck
Maryland - PJ Fleck (cant' do both), Scott Frost (Oregon OC), Matt Rhule (Temple)
Miami - Buth Davis (NC), Cristobal (Bama OL), Fuente (Memphis)
Minnesota - PJ Fleck again?
North Texas - Mangino
South Carolina - Rich Rod. Which opens Arizona
UCF - Cristobal (Bama OL)
USC - Herman (Houston), Fuente (Memphis), Whittingham (Utah) or Harsin (Boise) making other openings

Others on the hot seat:
Arkansas - Bielema. Hmm, should have stayed at Wisky!
Georgia - Richt is like Ferentz, be careful what you wish for UGA Nation!
Hawaii - Chow
Iowa State - Paw sux
Nebraska - Welcome to Nebraska Riley hahaha
Purdue...
UVA...
VaTech...
ISU...

Summary: IN KIRK WE TRUST!

I really think that Maryland job could be a monster. Rich recruiting grounds, Under Armor wanting this to be their flagship, Oregon East.

Miami, rich recruiting grounds, but has issues; sterile stadium 40 minutes from campus, small private University

Southern Cal, heavily talented, rich recruiting grounds. But they have mowed through some coaches.

The other USC in Columbia. Good recruiting but a tough division in a tough conference. Did the greatest coach of all time, Lou Holthz do anything there? I can't remember.

I've always wondered why Illinois is traditionally such a bad program.

I really think that Maryland job could be a monster. Rich recruiting grounds, Under Armor wanting this to be their flagship, Oregon East.

Miami, rich recruiting grounds, but has issues; sterile stadium 40 minutes from campus, small private University

Southern Cal, heavily talented, rich recruiting grounds. But they have mowed through some coaches.

The other USC in Columbia. Good recruiting but a tough division in a tough conference. Did the greatest coach of all time, Lou Holthz do anything there? I can't remember.

Holtz opened with a zero win season at S. Carolina. Followed that up with 8 and 9 win seasons, then fizzeld out with a few 5-6 win campaigns.

Loving Kirk Ferentz! Ferentz's teams will ebb and flow from average to good due to the way Iowa has to recruit. Obvs he's on a flow with two more really positive recruting classes in 2015 on the team and 2016 on the books. At the end of the day, thank God we have him and we aren't a part of the mess that is going down with CF HC jobs!

UIowa doesn't want to be looking for a coach at the same time as these jobs are being filled. These coaching positions will make a huge impact on the landscape of college football adn many will greatly affect the Iowa Hawkeyes immediately (Illinois, Maryland and Minnesota) and in the next couple years. Throw ISU in the mix and there is major turmoil in 30-to-50% of the teams on Iowa's schedule. I love it!

Try playing the musical chairs guessing game.

Illinois - PJ Fleck
Maryland - PJ Fleck (cant' do both), Scott Frost (Oregon OC), Matt Rhule (Temple)
Miami - Buth Davis (NC), Cristobal (Bama OL), Fuente (Memphis)
Minnesota - PJ Fleck again?
North Texas - Mangino
South Carolina - Rich Rod. Which opens Arizona
UCF - Cristobal (Bama OL)
USC - Herman (Houston), Fuente (Memphis), Whittingham (Utah) or Harsin (Boise) making other openings

Others on the hot seat:
Arkansas - Bielema. Hmm, should have stayed at Wisky!
Georgia - Richt is like Ferentz, be careful what you wish for UGA Nation!
Hawaii - Chow
Iowa State - Paw sux
Nebraska - Welcome to Nebraska Riley hahaha
Purdue...
UVA...
VaTech...
ISU...

Summary: IN KIRK WE TRUST!

I think Kansas State will be open also. Snyder getting really, really old.

Has Phil Parker's name ever come up in head coaching searches? He's maintained one of the top defenses in the nation year in and year out since taking over for Norm.

I think Claeys gets the Minnesota job and most of the staff stays in tact. They would have to possess some really ridiculous illusions of grandeur for them to blow up that whole thing that Kill built. But....I guess they've done it before.

I heard something interesting about Maryland the other day; apparently they do not have any indoor practice facilities. Therefore, when they experience inclement weather they have to travel to Baltimore, if they can find field time there. It sounds like Maryland's facilities are not that great, which surprises me, given their Under Armor money that you mentioned.

Hazzell, Beamer and Rhoades are as good as gone barring a late season miracle. Though I think there's a chance Purdue and ISU hold on for one more year because there are so many Power 5 openings. They would only be choosing from scraps.

Hazzell, Beamer and Rhoades are as good as gone barring a late season miracle. Though I think there's a chance Purdue and ISU hold on for one more year because there are so many Power 5 openings. They would only be choosing from scraps.

If ISU is holding out firing Rhoads because of all the openings, what does that say about ISU's AD and what he thinks about their football program? Do the coaching homework, be willing to pay good money, and show off the new facilities. I believe ISU has as much chance of getting a good coach as a Minny, South Carolina, or even Miami.

If ISU is holding out firing Rhoads because of all the openings, what does that say about ISU's AD and what he thinks about their football program? Do the coaching homework, be willing to pay good money, and show off the new facilities. I believe ISU has as much chance of getting a good coach as a Minny, South Carolina, or even Miami.

ISU isn't in the same stratosphere as the gamecocks and hurricanes as it relates to appealing to prospective head coaches. Minnesota sure, but not even close on the other two

ISU isn't in the same stratosphere as the gamecocks and hurricanes as it relates to appealing to prospective head coaches Minnesota sure, but not even close on the other two
Listening to a lot of the college football analyst, the Miami job is not that good. With the poor facilities, poor fan support, lack of funds, competing with the SEC and other Florida football programs for recruits, and a stadium 40 miles from the campus, there're only a handful of coaches that would take that job.
South Carolina being a bad team in the SEC plus losing a lot of in state recruits to other SEC schools, that job is not what it once was.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT