ADVERTISEMENT

College football officials

How the the ref miss the catch for USC vs Bama right in front of him? He called it incomplete. It was a td catch.

He is as bad as Tim O’Day with the call vs Jack Campbell interception vs Minnesota two years ago then the replay call last year by saying fair catch by CDJ vs Minnesota last year. He’s been promoted to head ref in the B1G.

Reactions: Jimmy McGill
The goal of all of this game fixing would be to promote certain teams I suppose? Because the playing it straight model of college football doesn't make quite enough?
I think the ultimate purpose is to make money for organized gambling rings. The results are skewed towards that goal. Doesn't take much.

I think the ultimate purpose is to make money for organized gambling rings. The results are skewed towards that goal. Doesn't take much.
So you live in a world where underground gambling rings are more powerful than ABC, FOX, CBS, NBC, and all of their sponsors.

I have no doubt that some officials/crews are on the take. You would have to be stupid to not think so. Worse in college bball because their are few people to call them out. It happens and you would be an idiot not to acknowledge it. Humans are greedy.

I have no doubt that some officials/crews are on the take. You would have to be stupid to not think so. Worse in college bball because their are few people to call them out. It happens and you would be an idiot not to acknowledge it. Humans are greedy.
I guess I'm stupid then. I just don't see how it's profitable for them. They have good jobs, jobs that they had to work a long time to get. It would be so dumb to be on the take, you always get caught. Tim Donaghy is one bad apple, and he got caught.

I guess I'm stupid then. I just don't see how it's profitable for them. They have good jobs, jobs that they had to work a long time to get. It would be so dumb to be on the take, you always get caught. Tim Donaghy is one bad apple, and he got caught.

You are not stupid. But a lot of people are greedy and stupid.

Reactions: GOHOX69
Now do I think there is some bias? Like a ref hates a certain team or coach and ****s them over a little, yes, i believe that happens.

Or they respect them too much or are scared of them that they treat them favorably. Coach K, Bobby Knight, Saban...that definitely happens

Money has no upper limit especially since the results don't have to be that starkly different. Point shaving, changing the spread etc are far more subtle, harder to detect and possibly ongoing.
This is what happened in cricket. No cricket match these days is on the up and up. Sad and it ruined a sport yet people watch it and enjoy it for what it is.

Money has no upper limit especially since the results don't have to be that starkly different. Point shaving, changing the spread etc are far more subtle, harder to detect and possibly ongoing.
This is what happened in cricket. No cricket match these days is on the up and up. Sad and it ruined a sport yet people watch it and enjoy it for what it is.
Only thing I know about cricket is that they used to make lighters and now they make phones? Maybe not the same company

• Haha
Reactions: GOHOX69
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT