ADVERTISEMENT

College Football Starting Up...

They did well. Averaged 32 ppg last year. Jealous?
Dumb And Dumber GIF

I just did two bricks last weekend. Put a strawberry jelly on one, and a jalapeño jelly on the other. Ate them with Wheat Thins. F'ing delicious.
We do them about every weekend and just try different jams and jelly's to pour over them. Probably my favorite snack.

shopping

• Love
Reactions: TailgateTom
We do homemade since we always have a ridiculous jalapeno yield. Usually its just jalapeno, green pepper, sugar, pectin, and vinegar. sometime i might add in strawberry, blackberry, mango, or cranberry.

Most commonly we eat it with crackers, but it goes really well with fried foods.
That sounds incredible!

That sounds incredible!
It's actually pretty easy to make if you ever want to try yourself, and most of recipes online don't really vary too much from one another.

My only advice, and this is very important, is bring the heat up slowly. If it goes to a boil and overflows it will make a sticky mess and you will have jalapeño vapors in the air so it will irritate your longs.

It's actually pretty easy to make if you ever want to try yourself, and most of recipes online don't really vary too much from one another.

My only advice, and this is very important, is bring the heat up slowly. If it goes to a boil and overflows it will make a sticky mess and you will have jalapeño vapors in the air so it will irritate your longs.
I am literally looking up fruit/jalapeño jelly recipes as we speak lol! They do all seem to be pretty similar!

How do you know you've reached gel point? Do you have a candy thermometer?
a candy thermometer can work. so can tying a string around a meat thermometer and dipping it down.

I think you can also use the cold plate test. when you start cooking put a small plate in the freezer, then when you think its close to done you can put a dab on the plate, wait a moment and push it forward with your finger. if it folds it's going to gel fine.

tbh, most of the time mine turn out a bit runny, and that's okay too.

Reactions: TailgateTom
Reminds me of the good old Scothawk highlight videos. Whatever happened to that guy?
Those videos were great. I used to work with a guy that had "Scothawk" as his license plate, he was an IT guy. I always secretly wondered if it was him.

Reactions: gohawks50
Looking forward to CFB kicking off tomorrow, but thinking about doing most of my CFB & CBB discussion on the HBOT board from now on.

I'm seriously considering putting a poster on ignore, but if I do, around or more than 80% of the threads in both the FB and BB forums will disappear.

Looking forward to CFB kicking off tomorrow, but thinking about doing most of my CFB & CBB discussion on the HBOT board from now on.

I'm seriously considering putting a poster on ignore, but if I do, around or more than 80% of the threads in both the FB and BB forums will disappear.
Those forums are even bigger shitshows than this one. The shit winds are always blowing over there

...this weekend. Big ol Georgia Tech fan here tomorrow! Anyways, with college football kickin off tomorrow, what's on everyone's menu? The wife and her sis(no pics of either) have requested I smoke some cream cheese, so I'm doing that immediately in the AM. Won't take long, low effort so I don't mind. Also going to throw together an elote dip with some good ol grilled Iowa sweetcorn. Still trying to figure out what else I'm going to make though. Also still booze free this weekend, so that sucks. Just going to have to go further into the depths of my THC addiction I suppose.

So whatcha cookin this weekend?
How do you smoke your cream cheese? Never heard of this….?

How do you smoke your cream cheese? Never heard of this….?
It's really easy. Just put whatever seasoning/bbq rub you want on it and put it on some aluminum foil. Then I set the pellet grill to it's "smoke" mode, which just creates smoke and has the temp around 160-180, put it in for about 2 hours. Doesn't melt or anything, and gives it a bit of a nice smoky flavor.

The wife grabbed some Jalapeno Everything Bagel seasoning yesterday, so I'm planning on putting that on it tomorrow.

It's really easy. Just put whatever seasoning/bbq rub you want on it and put it on some aluminum foil. Then I set the pellet grill to it's "smoke" mode, which just creates smoke and has the temp around 160-180, put it in for about 2 hours. Doesn't melt or anything, and gives it a bit of a nice smoky flavor.

The wife grabbed some Jalapeno Everything Bagel seasoning yesterday, so I'm planning on putting that on it tomorrow.
Huh. Will be giving that a try this season.

Reactions: McLovin32
I am excited for the bears and whatever happens with iowa is a bonus. We'll have a top 5 defense again and I have zero faith anything will change offensively. If we could just effing run the ball down the gut at the very least, I'd feel different but that hasn't been a thing for years and I hate it.

I expect to lose another 5 years of my life watching the monstrosity and yet it will not surprise me in the least if we get a typical KF special everyone hating on us 10 win season. **** it. Defense is absolutely legit.

Reactions: billanole
Really thought our Nole friends would give OP a beating for his GT love. I guess it's not worth their time cuz they know their team will win handily?

Reactions: CJ Beat Hard

Just do it, I did months ago and it’s been real nice. Granted, I don’t really care about recruiting and don’t frequent those boards much off-season. You can find everything on X if you wanted to anyway.

Go Tech!

He’s just a miserable guy. I’ve never gotten the sense that he loves college football or is even particularly interested in it. It’s just the subject that worked for a call-in radio show in Alabama. He rode Saban’s coattails to an ESPN gig.

Now: Saban’s gone. Norvell turned Bama down. Finebaum’s wack pack is dead or dying. He’s not knowledgeable or entertaining. There’s no unique insight there. The writing’s on the wall.
Dont count him out yet, there are rumors they may do another Lord of the Rings as a TV series so he could end up finishing his career playing Gollum.

Reactions: mnole03 and DFSNOLE
Those videos were great. I used to work with a guy that had "Scothawk" as his license plate, he was an IT guy. I always secretly wondered if it was him.
Maybe I'm getting it mixed up but was he a dentist? Also maybe I recall his brother was sick?

IDK, maybe way off base here. He did have some great vids.

Also on a few more unrelated notes. Thanks Belem for the Coop video. Now I'm pissed again and a Ramblin Wreck fan today!

And I love cream cheese and pepper jelly. Never tried it smoked but I will be doing that very soon.

Really thought our Nole friends would give OP a beating for his GT love. I guess it's not worth their time cuz they know their team will win handily?
We never think that first game, especially against an ACC opponent we are only 10.5 favorite on and in Dublin.

Three things working in our favor:
1) Norvell has proven against LSU last two years he knows how to have a team ready for big game start of season.
B) All accounts are Noles outnumber tech fans 9:1 so will feel like home game.
III) Nick Saban after watching them practice said they looked like one of the best 5 teams in nation and their size and athleticism was very apparent.

This year’s FSU team may sneak up on people, a lot of smoke it is better than last years and if DJU can play up to potential we will be lethal.

We will know soon.

Maybe I'm getting it mixed up but was he a dentist? Also maybe I recall his brother was sick?

IDK, maybe way off base here. He did have some great vids.

Also on a few more unrelated notes. Thanks Belem for the Coop video. Now I'm pissed again and a Ramblin Wreck fan today!

And I love cream cheese and pepper jelly. Never tried it smoked but I will be doing that very soon.
That could be. I don’t remember anything about him really except for the great videos. So you very well could be right.

I wouldn't say that. FSU has struggled against dual threat QBs for years making games like today a bit scary. On the other side, GTech ranked 128th against the run last year. The running game should be the strength of the offense this year. I do expect a win but I would say I'm more nervously optimistic.

Reactions: noleclone2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT