ADVERTISEMENT

Colon Cancer and CBD

GOHOX69

HR Legend
Sep 26, 2009
I have a friend who has colon cancer and not much appetite. I have read papers that indicate that cbd might have some benefits in tackling this disease.

I know thc is illegal in Iowa but are there any cbd gummies you recommend? Does it boost appetite? Is 25mg of cbd per gummy a high dose?

Sorry for the 20 questions. I'm more of a conventional scientist so I'm just learning.

Thanks, as always.

• Haha
Reactions: NoWokeBloke
I have a friend who has colon cancer and not much appetite. I have read papers that indicate that cbd might have some benefits in tackling this disease.

I know thc is illegal in Iowa but are there any cbd gummies you recommend? Does it boost appetite? Is 25mg of cbd per gummy a high dose?

Sorry for the 20 questions. I'm more of a conventional scientist so I'm just learning.

Thanks, as always.
There are legal THC gummies in Iowa, but they are hemp based. Some of them have cbd too. Anecdotal evidence suggests they have the same impact as marijuana-based THC, and that appetite will spike, even if one isn't feeling hungry prior to taking them. I don't think the mg of CBD will impact how your friend is feeling (cognitively, not physically), but the mg of THC would (cognitively, and probably physically). For THC, 10 mg would be a good start. Assuming your friend is in Iowa City, google brought this store up:

If he wants something to make him eat more, then he wants THC. Even at lower dosages I have had it make me more hungry. As others have said Delta-9 is hemp based but appears to have similar effects as regular THC.

I prefer either 1:1 ratio or higher CBD to THC (I have one that is 2.5 THC to 50 CBD) as it affects your head less as the CBD helps offset the high from THC but still gives the medicinal effects.

Hope your friend can find something. One suggestion is to not give up if the first thing doesn't work. It took me awhile to figure out what works for my issues but it has been great since then. You do build tolerance so start with lower dosages and build up. The last thing you want is for him to get too high right away and not find the right dosage.

My dad has Parkinsons and gets THC from a dispensary here in Iowa legally. It's really helped with diet and overall mental outlook. I'd recommend at least trying for someone with a chronic illness.
Thank you for the recs. Is there a certain THC dose necessary? Sorry, I'm ignorant in marijuana land haha.

As a man of science I recommend you take a trip to Illinois and experiment slightly, but you work for the university and I don’t know how that works out for you. then again when I went to college at least half of those professors were on something, at least I hope they were.

Reactions: GOHOX69
As a man of science I recommend you take a trip to Illinois and experiment slightly, but you work for the university and I don’t know how that works out for you. then again when I went to college at least half of those professors were on something, at least I hope they were.
I actually work for a private company. I believe in complementary medicine so why not?

I actually work for a private company. I believe in complementary medicine so why not?
Ah I thought you were at the university for some reason. So many people on here. I’d just take it easy, and remember gummies hit different than smoking.

Ah I thought you were at the university for some reason. So many people on here. I’d just take it easy, and remember gummies hit different than smoking.
For sure start low and slow with edibles. They can take up to 2 hours to kick in for some people and a little longer for the effects to peak. Very common for someone to wait an hour, feel nothing, take a larger dose after an hour and then in 3 hours they're having a rough time.

Reactions: Thunderlips71
I had my first edibles on a Canadian fishing trip and was very impressed. I warned the guy at the dispensary I’m a relative novice and wasn’t looking to go all Cheech and/or Chong, and was instead just seeking that peaceful, easy feeling. I’d smoked a handful of times years ago and it never did much for me until my buddy introduced me to a strain called “sour diesel”, which rendered me catatonic for several hours. Haven’t smoked since.

The “budista” at the dispensary recommended gummies with 2mg of Indica (?) and that was just right. The effect was like a really good booze buzz without the calories, bloating, slinky smell, or hangover. Slept like a baby as well.

Nyah, I work in the biotech industry. Ya know the bad guys 😉

Reactions: goldmom
THC. An Indica or hybrid strain. If doing edibles start with low dose 2-5mg.
The munchies are real. I always crave something salty.

Helping a lot more people than I ever will.
I do my best. I have foregone numerous promotions to try to help others rather than hanging out at useless meetings. Thank you for your kind words.

We do collaborate extensively with both other companies and academic institutions.

Helping a lot more people than I ever will.
Sometimes I feel like that but then I get an internal marketing email reminding me that i'm part of a family and then it seems like the stock buybacks are actually helping me since it's helping my family

Sometimes I feel like that but then I get an internal marketing email reminding me that i'm part of a family and then it seems like the stock buybacks are actually helping me since it's helping my family
I guess every time Boeing is part of a bombing run I can sit back and say ‘I did my part’

Reactions: ConvenientParking
Anecdotally, gummies from Illinois and homemade "desserts" made from scratch (brownies or cookies) really helped TBW(no pic) when she was going through chemo. Not necessarily with her appetite but more the sides of the chemo. She also got some "mushrooms" that I had no idea they made, think medicinal on the psychodelic side. Those were very low dose.

Again, most of the stuff she did was for sleeping, sides from chemo, maybe some pain relief from the neuropathy from chemo. Perhaps the CBD can help, but I can't comment to that. Tell your friend to get the med card, and if it helps all the better.

Anecdotally, gummies from Illinois and homemade "desserts" made from scratch (brownies or cookies) really helped TBW(no pic) when she was going through chemo. Not necessarily with her appetite but more the sides of the chemo. She also got some "mushrooms" that I had no idea they made, think medicinal on the psychodelic side. Those were very low dose.

Again, most of the stuff she did was for sleeping, sides from chemo, maybe some pain relief from the neuropathy from chemo. Perhaps the CBD can help, but I can't comment to that. Tell your friend to get the med card, and if it helps all the better.
Thank you! Appreciate the advice.

Thank you! Appreciate the advice.
Wish your friend well. Also, all the stuff the wife did contained THC at varying levels. Dispensary stuff from IL was mostly low dose, think anywhere from 2-10 MG per dose. Homemade treats were significantly higher and she preferred those.

Wish your friend well. Also, all the stuff the wife did contained THC at varying levels. Dispensary stuff from IL was mostly low dose, think anywhere from 2-10 MG per dose. Homemade treats were significantly higher and she preferred those.
Thanks friend. I hope your wife has made a full recovery.

Thanks friend. I hope your wife has made a full recovery.
She is "cancer free" at this moment. She is still feeling the effects of chemo and RadTher. Still weak, but getting stronger. The chemo is the stuff that sucks, RadTher as well. Really knocked her for a loop. Amazingly, about the only food she could stand during the process was beer.

Thanks for the thoughts.

She is "cancer free" at this moment. She is still feeling the effects of chemo and RadTher. Still weak, but getting stronger. The chemo is the stuff that sucks, RadTher as well. Really knocked her for a loop. Amazingly, about the only food she could stand during the process was beer.

Thanks for the thoughts.
I lost my mom to cancer. I wish her a better outcome. All the best to you and your family.

CBD may assist with various symptoms, including appetite, but its efficacy can vary from person to person. So, it's important to approach this with caution and consult with a healthcare professional for guidance. As for dosage, 25mg of CBD per gummy is not necessarily a high dose, but the right amount can differ based on individual factors and specific needs. While I can't recommend specific CBD gummies, I can share that I recently ordered a cbd vape pen thc free, and I've been really pleased with both the effect and taste. Vape pens might be an alternative to consider for your friend, but make sure to go for a high-quality and proven product. Always prioritize safety and effectiveness.

Last edited:
OP, your friend's Oncologist could prescribe Marinol, a synthetic cannabinoid. (Or megestrol for that matter). Might be wise to go that route so the doc can factor drug interactions and have the whole picture in front of them.

What has been your position on ‘shrooms and the devil’s lettuce for most of your life?

I have an extended family member who takes Delta9 gummies for anxiety. They have had very good results.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT