ADVERTISEMENT

Colonoscopy Prep

goldmom

HR Legend
Mar 29, 2002
Yep. Yours truly is getting the old El Probo on Friday...
I hope I’ll come home and sleep until Saturday afternoon. Ugh.
I have diverticulosis so I’m glad I’m going to get checked out.
At least the Doc is going to take a crack at it...😏

Congrats on getting your caboose cleaned out!

This means 100% of HORT considers you a lock for PIITB.

My first was postponed because they prep they gave me couldn’t compete with the Haitian tap water I had been drinking for years. The doc upped the quantity a few days later and everything came out ok. The actual procedure was the best nights sleep I had in years and I was only out for 30 minutes. Don’t believe anyone who says it’s rough. It’s a breeze.

No, doc is going into the crack.

Reactions: seam

Any D-1 offers yet?
Or is Colonoscopy Prep not considered a very good basketball school?

Just an FYI, people who have diverticulosis frequently have constipation. This can make the bowel prep not as effective. Let your Dr. know if that is the case. You may need to take an additional bowel prep or may need to start clear liquids earlier. last thing you want to do is go there just to have them tell you the prep was inadequate, so come back next week.

Also, small women with a history of abdominal surgery (c section) and diverticulosis may experience more pain during the procedure. Make sure you go in to your appt well hydrated. Low blood pressure may prevent you from receiving appropriate sedation. Remember, coffee and the bowel prep do not hydrate you. Water/Gatorade will.

I had to have one about five years ago when a physical turned up something questionable. I fasted for 24 hours prior, but chicken broth was my savior. The harder part was starting with the colon blow at 2:00 am prior to the procedure. Prepare to rest when you get home after, you will need it.

I had to drink what looked like 2 gallons of water that tasted like granite.

others seem to get a little bottle of stuff that does the trick.

seems unfair.

I was fine immediately after. I went to Canes chicken on the way home and bowled in my usual league that night.

Get the prostate exam as part of your annual physical. If you're not doing an annual physical, do it. Things can pop up early and sooner is better than later with detection. I ended up needing a colonoscopy at 47.

I had to drink what looked like 2 gallons of water that tasted like granite.

others seem to get a little bottle of stuff that does the trick.

seems unfair.

I was fine immediately after. I went to Canes chicken on the way home and bowled in my usual league that night.
There was a Casey's two blocks from the hospital. I had two slices of breakfast pizza on the way home. They were divine!

There was a Casey's two blocks from the hospital. I had two slices of breakfast pizza on the way home. They were divine!
I was actually admitted to the hospital the first time I had one. Had acute colitis so bad, temperature over 104, they thought it might be a burst appendix. I didn't eat solid food for like 3 days. After my procedure I had a hospital burger and fries with a milk shake, and that goes down as one of the best meals of my life.

I was actually admitted to the hospital the first time I had one. Had acute colitis so bad, temperature over 104, they thought it might be a burst appendix. I didn't eat solid food for like 3 days. After my procedure I had a hospital burger and fries with a milk shake, and that goes down as one of the best meals of my life.
Hot damn, that sounds good right now! The look on my wife's face after it took me about 15 seconds to finish two slices of pizza was priceless. I earned the nickname "Snackbar" in college and still wear it proudly.

Reactions: IACub
Just had one a few weeks ago. I also have Diverticulitis. The prep drink wasn’t nearly as bad as I anticipated.

Reactions: goldmom
Can the doc give you a good cleaning out while in there or will the drinking of the gallon of cleanout solution do that? I understand you get little pockets of infection with Divert. That's why eating sesame seeds is a no no.

I imagine Divert complicates a colonoscopy.

Reactions: goldmom
law-order-prisoner-convict-prison-imprisoned-jails-mbcn5667_low.jpg

Reactions: QChawks
You'll do fine. Enjoy the propofol.

I had the most juvenile doctor possible (everything come out all right? all your troubles will be behind you).

I had my second one just two weeks ago. As someone else posted recently, it's the prep that's the hassle. Mine was on a Monday morning. I lost 8 pounds from Saturday night until noon on Monday. I've only put 4 pounds back on, which is fine.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT