ADVERTISEMENT

Colorado .....

GunnerHawk

HB All-American
Mar 16, 2014
could be better than last year. Return four starters, we return three. Replaced the one starter with a very good three point shooter from Michigan. They now have two very good perimeter shooters and a strong inside game. Hawks will have there hands full. We need some solid minutes from Addie in this game. And Gabbie and Kate need to shoot better from the perimeter. Go Hawks!

If Gabbie and Kate don't play better this game, Iowa will lose. It is really that simple. Well, I guess Caitlin could always go super woman, but yeah.

This is a dangerous Colorado team. Let's not forget, they were pegged to be a one seed up until they lost several games in a row by very close margins to other tourney teams. USC, Oregon State, etc... They are battle tested and are going to throw everything they can at Iowa. I wouldn't be one bit surprised to see them upset the Hawks.

I live in Colorado so I have been listening to them talk all week. They are a confident bunch that fully expects to go out and beat Iowa. They feel like they should have won last year and want some revenge. I am nervous about this game.

If Gabbie and Kate don't play better this game, Iowa will lose. It is really that simple. Well, I guess Caitlin could always go super woman, but yeah.

This is a dangerous Colorado team. Let's not forget, they were pegged to be a one seed up until they lost several games in a row by very close margins to other tourney teams. USC, Oregon State, etc... They are battle tested and are going to throw everything they can at Iowa. I wouldn't be one bit surprised to see them upset the Hawks.

I live in Colorado so I have been listening to them talk all week. They are a confident bunch that fully expects to go out and beat Iowa. They feel like they should have won last year and want some revenge. I am nervous about this game.
I do not know much about Colorado other than what I have read, but I think this might be the end of the line for the Hawks. Only caveat would be if they shoot 50/60% from the three.

Exactly this. They are good. Like you say if Kate and gabby do absolutely nothing on offense like last game it will more than likely be the end of the line. Kylie has been non effective also, she had her shot for exactly one game this year and then it was gone again.

It boils down to if cc gets help or not. Kinda like usual. This game looks like a toss up to me, will not be surprised either way. That said I hope the hawks are hitting on all cylinders. I have a feeling they will play better than the other nights rugby game

Exactly this. They are good. Like you say if Kate and gabby do absolutely nothing on offense like last game it will more than likely be the end of the line. Kylie has been non effective also, she had her shot for exactly one game this year and then it was gone again.

It boils down to if cc gets help or not. Kinda like usual. This game looks like a toss up to me, will not be surprised either way. That said I hope the hawks are hitting on all cylinders. I have a feeling they will play better than the other nights rugby game
Agree. This far into the NCAA you need all players making plays or you go home.

Hawks got a tough draw for sure. CC isn't going to win this one by herself.

Wish we had Molly in there. She's good for inspiration and a couple of big 3's. Don't get me wrong, Affolter should still start, but I would love to see some minutes from Molly. Tough break for her and the Hawks.

p.s. I hope UCLA blows the doors off of LSU.

Reactions: skydog0784
Iowa is the better team with the best player and possibly the 3 best players. CC, HS & KM.

They opened as a 9.5 favorite, they are considered the best team.

West Va challenged the hell out of us yet, shockingly they trailed the whole entire game.

We are actually better than even our own fans have realized most of the year.

We are 17th in rebounding, CU, 131st…that will be a big deal.

If we lose & we can, it will be an upset. I must be in the minority but as a recap: I read an article that suggested, that win vs West Va wasnt a negative, it was another indication we know how to win.

Honestly if this team wasn’t so polarizing, there would be a lot of folks witnessing us growing.

Last edited:
I like them being in a neutral location actually.
Call it a hunch but being away from the pressure of being at home could end up being beneficial.
Im sticking with my Gabby Marshall as the X factor. I think CU will do all they can to bottle up Clark. If Gabby gets 12-15 points it's Hawks by 10

I like them being in a neutral location actually.
Call it a hunch but being away from the pressure of being at home could end up being beneficial.
Im sticking with my Gabby Marshall as the X factor. I think CU will do all they can to bottle up Clark. If Gabby gets 12-15 points it's Hawks by 10
Good take. Getting away from home may help the team catch their breath and refocus.

Would like to see Bluder use the bench if any starters are struggling with scoring. AOG has been playing good basketball when she’s had the chance to get in and McCabe has the best 3pt% on the team.

What is supposed to mean.

Honestly if this team wasn’t so polarizing, there would be a lot of folks witnessing us growing.

I expect Iowa to lose. They are playing very poorly lately. Ill advised passes, horrible shooting including Clark. Clark has gone AWAL a couple games now in the 4th quarter - zero FG's, poor passes, poor shot selection when not hitting the 3's. The only one shooting good right now is McCabe and she sits on the bench. A "GOAT" should shine during crunch time.

What is supposed to mean.

Everything about us generates quick hot takes not introspective looks at where we were Vs were we actually are…

I expect Iowa to lose. They are playing very poorly lately. Ill advised passes, horrible shooting including Clark. Clark has gone AWAL a couple games now in the 4th quarter - zero FG's, poor passes, poor shot selection when not hitting the 3's. The only one shooting good right now is McCabe and she sits on the bench. A "GOAT" should shine during crunch time.

Huh..,.she’s actually played quite a bit and hadn’t shot…what a horrible take.

They have an experienced squad. They run a fast paced offense and push the ball up and down. Some of their players have nice asses and would be fun to butt screw. I think they are top ten 3 point percentage shooting teams, so have to guard the line.

• Wow
Reactions: InsaneHawkJJP
We are ranked#2 in the country after close to 40 games and have the mvp of college bball. The team is a veteran crew who played in the championshup game last year and yet WE arent a threat to anybody? My gawd people, luckily the team isnt intimidated by some player interviews of opponents chirping. EVERY game is a coin flip at this point.

CC's shooting has been a little off but her passing is still very good. If she hits double figures in assists I think we have a good chance to win.

Is there a possibility that Colorado players have an off day? All I see here is that Iowa players are not going to make shots as they usually do.
I’m not as confident as Colorado being off as Iowa shooting better because hopefully there are looser playing on a more neutral court. If just one of kate or Gabbie gets hot, we win. If both are hot we win big. If they don’t show up, Caitlin has to do Caitlin things while being smothered, at which point I think it is a 50/50 game.

Reactions: luvmyhawks
Worst. Take. Ever.

Reactions: Hawktagonapus
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT