ADVERTISEMENT

Colorado's biggest little traffic ticket farm

Collections, but nothing in the credit report, they give up after a while.
Seriously? If it goes to collection, it's on your credit report, dickhead. AND you richly deserve it. Pay your goddam bills, deadbeat.

I drive through there on my way to Palo to fish and since the cameras went up, it's a fairly comfortable drive. Before that I would take a fairly circuitous back route to avoid the "380 Esses". Bunch of freaking lunatics. Since the cameras it's a nice route. Since the cameras I just about never see anyone going more than 55-60, let alone 65 or more. I'm always amazed to hear about how many tickets are issued but those Minnesotans are pretty lawless.

It's already been stated that you have to be at least 10 mph over to get a camera ticket and as far as I'm concerned, I you're more than 10 over, you probably should be taken out and shot. I'd happily do the shooting.

I've said multiple times, that the ones on 380 in CR are the good examples of these cameras. They are placed specifically at the most dangerous section of that road, where the road takes that hard curve. IF they are, in fact, for safety...that was a great place to put them.

On the exact opposite hand, Des Moines' placing one on the East bound 235 in the middle of a few mile, completely straight, stretch of nothing, has nothing to do with safety. It seems the DOT agrees. That one causes a bottleneck more than anything else.

I don't feel bad for anyone that gets a ticket through the 380 s curves. You have to be going over 67 MPH in a 55 mph to get one. You have no one to blame but yourself when there is a sign before the cameras letting you know and then still driving at a reckless speed. Those cameras a perfect example of how they should be properly used.

Seriously? If it goes to collection, it's on your credit report, dickhead. AND you richly deserve it. Pay your goddam bills, deadbeat.
I never said I was the one that got a ticket you lambjammer. Go f••k yourself with a rusty knife.

I drive through there on my way to Palo to fish and since the cameras went up, it's a fairly comfortable drive. Before that I would take a fairly circuitous back route to avoid the "380 Esses". Bunch of freaking lunatics. Since the cameras it's a nice route. Since the cameras I just about never see anyone going more than 55-60, let alone 65 or more. I'm always amazed to hear about how many tickets are issued but those Minnesotans are pretty lawless.

It's already been stated that you have to be at least 10 mph over to get a camera ticket and as far as I'm concerned, I you're more than 10 over, you probably should be taken out and shot. I'd happily do the shooting.

The linked story notes that some cameras actually correlate with an increase in accidents, and that Cedar Rapids is being ordered to remove some cameras:

The DOT has been examining speed and red light cameras and recently required that cities demonstrate the cameras are being used to promote safety. In its analysis released to the public Tuesday, Mar. 17, 2015, the report evaluated crash data from six intersections in Davenport. Of them, it found that crashes had actually gone up since speed and red light cameras were installed at Kimberly Rd. and Elmore Ave. The DOT report says the cameras at that intersection should be permanently removed.

In Cedar Rapids, the DOT ordered that speed cameras at one northbound and one southbound location on Interstate 380 be removed. According to the IDOT report, one of those locations generated over 36,000 tickets in 2013.

From other reading my understanding is that the reasons the DOT ordered the removal of those I380 cameras was that it determined that those were a pure speed trap, and had absolutely nothing to do with safety (they were after the exit from the j-curve).

As I mentioned earlier, 16,000 Minnesotans were issued tickets via the CR speed trap. Over 90,000 Iowans were also issued tickets during the same 20-month period.

http://kwqc.com/2015/03/17/iowa-dot-orders-some-traffic-cameras-removed-in-davenport-muscatine-and-cedar-rapids/

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT