ADVERTISEMENT

Comments on the Indiana website

kceasthawk

HR Legend
Nov 5, 2016
So got on the Hoosiers site last night. Several we're complimentary. Still a lot of bitching about the fouls that CLARK gets away with! AS if, lol... One guy suggested they need to apply "the Jordan rules" to Clark. Pointed out tat she already gets held and hacked on almost every trip down the floor, and if they actually called fouls like they should she would foul out 4 or 5 girls every game.

The other big bitch was how Fox made it ALL about Clark, and its like they weren't even there. Responded that Holmes is a great player, and AA, BUT is she changing the game? Are they selling out home AND road games because SHE is there. Do parents drive hundreds of miles so their kids can see her in person. Is she changing the perception of women in sports? All NO's of course, just like the lack of any response.

Holmes is a really good player—who just happened to have a very off game last night.

And Fox certainly did make it about CC but that’s the reason the majority of folks tuned in.
Absolutely, it was about CC, BUT thats why Fox was there period, end of discussion. This all flows downhill not just from their fans but from their coach who constantly complains about playing second fiddle to Clark. It is what it is because she is HER, and everyone can see this clearly....

So got on the Hoosiers site last night. Several we're complimentary. Still a lot of bitching about the fouls that CLARK gets away with! AS if, lol... One guy suggested they need to apply "the Jordan rules" to Clark. Pointed out tat she already gets held and hacked on almost every trip down the floor, and if they actually called fouls like they should she would foul out 4 or 5 girls every game.

The other big bitch was how Fox made it ALL about Clark, and its like they weren't even there. Responded that Holmes is a great player, and AA, BUT is she changing the game? Are they selling out home AND road games because SHE is there. Do parents drive hundreds of miles so their kids can see her in person. Is she changing the perception of women in sports? All NO's of course, just like the lack of any response.
Catlin has changed the game, and many are driving hundreds of miles with their kids to see her.
End of story.

Leaving her stat line up the entire game was a little much, but yeah, David Pollack doesn’t fly to IC to watch this game in a blizzard if Clark isn’t on the court. Sue Bird and Ted Lasso aren’t coming to watch Iowa play a non conf game if not for Clark.

Leaving her stat line up the entire game was a little much, but yeah, David Pollack doesn’t fly to IC to watch this game in a blizzard if Clark isn’t on the court. Sue Bird and Ted Lasso aren’t coming to watch Iowa play a non conf game if not for Clark.
Just aren't many players of either gender that you go into a game almost expecting a "triple dub". Its that one name group again. Mike, Lebron, etcc..

Indiana’s number 22 should have fouled out in the first quarter.

I think we can all agree that CC does get away with some stuff because of her reputation.

Early in the 1st quarter she drove the right side of the lane and kinda jumped into the defender for what I thought would have been a "charge" on 99% of anyone else.
No call and she made the bucket.

But big name players, men and women, get that call most of the time.
So I do see where opposing coaches and players are coming from.

I think we can all agree that CC does get away with some stuff because of her reputation.

Early in the 1st quarter she drove the right side of the lane and kinda jumped into the defender for what I thought would have been a "charge" on 99% of anyone else.

Sure, BUT calling out Clark because she gets those "star treatment" calls, is pretty ridiculous when you consider the beating, holding and chucking she takes in almost every game, and probably gets about 10-20% of those called. She could just stand at the charity stripe all night if they called all those.

Hey, @shoot_the_three You clearly have an opinion on these comments, so make your case and stop being a pussy, and just tagging your shit on other posts. Do tell how Clark doesn't get mauled every night, or how she and Holmes should be considered as peers based on what they have done for the womens game.....

Yeah, I would probably be pretty upset too if I didn't cheer for Iowa. It is all about Iowa and specifically Caitlyn Clark. However, the reality is people aren't showing up to stadiums and turning on the games to watch Indiana's center play. They are going to talk about who people want to see.

As for the fouls, yeah, Clark gets away with stuff. Other players get away with stuff. Particularly when guarding Clark. People need to understand that this isn't a "Caitlyn Clark gets special treatment" thing. It's a "women's officiating f*****g sucks all around" thing. It's just more noticeable with Clark because that's all many (most?) people are really paying attention to.

I'm still going with the officiating just sucks because when I watch it isn't only Clark who gets calls like that. I just don't see anything going for Clark that isn't happening for other players as well.

Last edited:

Yep that was a charge that went uncalled but as others have noted, refs sometimes allow a little extra physical contact against her also.

Clark is one of those players opposing fan bases loathe yet would welcome her with open arms on their roster.
Maybe if you go to LSU or SoCar. In the Big 10 you see arena's at capacity to have their kids see a true icon of the sport, outside of Purdue student section of course. Hell, the Purdue fans were booing the ref's on the 3pointer that didn't count.

Reactions: VodkaSam
I'll be the cranky one that says interviewing players and coaches while the game is still in progress has never felt quite right. I know it began a number of years ago and there's no putting that genie back in the bottle. But once you go from reporting to inserting yourself into the event while it's taking place...
I agree, it is lame

Clark is one of those players opposing fan bases loathe yet would welcome her with open arms on their roster.
Oh yeah! There is literally no fanbase, at any level, in all of women's basketball globally that wouldn't bend over backwards to some varying degree to get her to play for them. Literally none. Not many players are so elite where it's consensus like that.

They flashed it after most plays she scored or got an assist on, otherwise it was no different than what they usually do for players having notable/big games. See Molly Davis for example.

Sure, BUT calling out Clark because she gets those "star treatment" calls, is pretty ridiculous when you consider the beating, holding and chucking she takes in almost every game, and probably gets about 10-20% of those called. She could just stand at the charity stripe all night if they called all those.

I'm still going with the officiating just sucks because when I watch it isn't only Clark who gets calls like that. I just don't see anything going for Clark that isn't happening for other players as well.
Yeah - to me it's just women's officiating is generally sub-par. To say Clark gets the benefit of calls also ignores alot of calls that don't go her way as well.

Officiating in general seems to be struggling. I will however die on my hill though when referencing just how atrocious WBB is in this regard above all others. It's very disconcerting. I've never been as upset with officiating as I was in last years National Championship. It's really made it difficult for me to watch WBB in all honesty. I still do because we have CC and a good team but damn, it's a really poor product in terms of the officials. I don't see CC having that much of an advantage but I'm sure they typically try to protect the product to some degree when you have a transcendental talent like that. It's to be expected and I'm sure it would frustrate opposing fanbases.

Officiating in general seems to be struggling. I will however die on my hill though when referencing just how atrocious WBB is in this regard above all others. It's very disconcerting. I've never been as upset with officiating as I was in last years National Championship. It's really made it difficult for to watch WBB in all honesty. I still do because we have CC and a good team but damn, it's a really poor product in terms of the officials.
About the only thing you can give the WBB title game refs were that they were mostly terrible both ways. What ticked me off about them is that they did change the game due to the stars on both teams getting in major foul trouble, which led to the LSU reserve going off in that 2nd quarter where LSU took control. Not to mention that awful T on Clark late in the 3rd.

About the only thing you can give the WBB title game refs were that they were mostly terrible both ways. What ticked me off about them is that they did change the game due to the stars on both teams getting in major foul trouble, which led to the LSU reserve going off in that 2nd quarter where LSU took control. Not to mention that awful T on Clark late in the 3rd.
It was bad both ways, absolutely! And how they responded and allowed themselves to get bullied by Mularky was beyond abhorrent to me. I can't stand her personality and what she's allowed to get away with over the last few years. It's definitely a lasting stain on the product.

It was bad both ways, absolutely! And how they responded and allowed themselves to get bullied by Mularky was beyond abhorrent to me. I can't stand her personality and what she's allowed to get away with over the last few years. It's definitely a lasting stain on the product.
"Personality"...that's being generous.

Reactions: AEG82
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT