ADVERTISEMENT

Comments on the Indiana website

The mention of officiating for the Iowa vs LSU game is frustrating —-officials were intimidated by Mulkey, and if I remember correctly, actually bumped by her. The T on Caitlin was a big call as Iowa did make a late run. Bluder later said that she could not even talk to the officials.

Holmes is a really good player—who just happened to have a very off game last night.

And Fox certainly did make it about CC but that’s the reason the majority of folks tuned in.
Really?? I thought Holmes had a good game. Hawks switched 3 players on her and never really stopped her down low moves.

I think we can all agree that CC does get away with some stuff because of her reputation.

Early in the 1st quarter she drove the right side of the lane and kinda jumped into the defender for what I thought would have been a "charge" on 99% of anyone else.
No call and she made the bucket.

But big name players, men and women, get that call most of the time.
So I do see where opposing coaches and players are coming from.
Gotta protect the GOAT. 😉

Really?? I thought Holmes had a good game. Hawks switched 3 players on her and never really stopped her down low moves.

Holmes had a solid game, but started to wilt in the second half. She is shooting 66% on the season. Iowa held her to 6-13 from the field, and she was 4-9 on free throws. Then Moren seemed to mysteriously bench her for a crucial early 4th quarter stretch and then the game was over.

Reactions: mphawk
Holmes had a solid game, but started to wilt in the second half. She is shooting 66% on the season. Iowa held her to 6-13 from the field, and she was 4-9 on free throws. Then Moren seemed to mysteriously bench her for a crucial early 4th quarter stretch and then the game was over.
Not sure where I read it, but they said Holmes was 1-7 in the 2nd half. Plan was to make her go left and if she tried to go right to double down on her. Seemed to have worked.

Reactions: ichawk24
The FOX pregame the other night was a little over the top. Thirty minutes of CC, and they didn't even mention a single other Iowa player.

Officiating in general seems to be struggling. I will however die on my hill though when referencing just how atrocious WBB is in this regard above all others. It's very disconcerting. I've never been as upset with officiating as I was in last years National Championship. It's really made it difficult for me to watch WBB in all honesty. I still do because we have CC and a good team but damn, it's a really poor product in terms of the officials. I don't see CC having that much of an advantage but I'm sure they typically try to protect the product to some degree when you have a transcendental talent like that. It's to be expected and I'm sure it would frustrate opposing fanbases.
What makes this even more depressing is that supposedly the best officials would have been assigned to the WBB finals.

I agree, she was gassed in the 2nd half I thought.
Game was pretty fast.

Would Hawkeye54545 have set up an extra TV while watching the Chiefs just to keep tab on a women's basketball game on a Saturday night before Clark?

No he would not have
Does Jonesy5960 think hawkeye54545 fails to appreciate what's going on in the women's game?

Yes he does. He certainly does.

So got on the Hoosiers site last night. Several we're complimentary. Still a lot of bitching about the fouls that CLARK gets away with! AS if, lol... One guy suggested they need to apply "the Jordan rules" to Clark. Pointed out tat she already gets held and hacked on almost every trip down the floor, and if they actually called fouls like they should she would foul out 4 or 5 girls every game.

The other big bitch was how Fox made it ALL about Clark, and its like they weren't even there. Responded that Holmes is a great player, and AA, BUT is she changing the game? Are they selling out home AND road games because SHE is there. Do parents drive hundreds of miles so their kids can see her in person. Is she changing the perception of women in sports? All NO's of course, just like the lack of any response.
I actually dislike the way they make it all about Clark, how are you great unless you are playing games that matter against good competition. I like it when they talk at least a little about how good the other team is. Of course, the counter is that the other team has make some plays that justify using the talking points. Indiana struggled to do that especially in the 2nd half.

Not sure where I read it, but they said Holmes was 1-7 in the 2nd half. Plan was to make her go left and if she tried to go right to double down on her. Seemed to have worked.

Iowa doubled her a couple times in the first half and Holmes tossed it over her shoulder for a couple of easy scores. Iowa still doubled her in the second half but made her give it up. We saw in the first half when she got the ball one on one, she was unstoppable.

Caitlin handles all of the attention she gets, just as well as she plays the game. I doubt many players could do that. She's special in that way for sure.

Reactions: Hawksbyamillion
Great win but two issues against Indiana, with a 20 plus point lead going into the 4th quarter Bluder needs to sit/rest Clark especially the way her teammates (Davis) were playing, secondly when she is in. She can’t be arguing every call that goes against her. It’s a bad look and takes away all the good things she’s done.

Reactions: Hawkstate1
Great win but two issues against Indiana, with a 20 plus point lead going into the 4th quarter Bluder needs to sit/rest Clark especially the way her teammates (Davis) were playing, secondly when she is in. She can’t be arguing every call that goes against her. It’s a bad look and takes away all the good things she’s done.

So you feel Clark shouldn't have played the 4th quarter. Wow. I don't see her arguing every call. She argues some, and I see multiple players doing the same.

Yeah - to me it's just women's officiating is generally sub-par. To say Clark gets the benefit of calls also ignores alot of calls that don't go her way as well.
I watched the game the next day, after reading the game thread, and didn’t think the officiating was nearly as bad as fans were saying. Dee Canter is probably the best official in the women’s game and she reffed.

So "it takes away ALL the good things she does " is this years winner for stupidest post on this forum. Just sayin..

Yea remember (Paige Bueckers) she tore her ACL a couple years ago in the last few minutes of a meaningless game for U Conn. I know know Clark’s passionate but it seems more like whining than anything else.

Yea remember (Paige Bueckers) she tore her ACL a couple years ago in the last few minutes of a meaningless game for U Conn. I know know Clark’s passionate but it seems more like whining than anything else.
Oh well, I guess your right then. That certainly does take away ALL the good she does.... :rolleyes:

Caitlin handles all of the attention she gets, just as well as she plays the game. I doubt many players could do that. She's special in that way for sure.
I couldn't agree with you more. People forget that she's only 21 years old. Has anyone ever seen a young woman like her handle all the obvious pressure ( on and off the court) in such a mature way?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT