ADVERTISEMENT

CONCACAF Nations league semi finals

Yep. Just seconds in. Really lazy control from Antonee Robinson at the back leads to a turnover and smashing header. Far post that overpowered Turner.

I think Berhalter should consider moving Weah to right back and bring in Aaronson or Reyna. Sally doesn't offer much on the attack.

I think Berhalter should consider moving Weah to right back and bring in Aaronson or Reyna. Sally doesn't offer much on the attack.
Is Reyna coming off injury? Why the hell would Tillman start over him if he’s healthy?!?

Berhalter continues to show he sucks at tactics also.

Berhalter is in over his head. Yeah they have possession but does that matter when you can’t do anything in the final 1/3? Guys stand around watching the ball. No movement, quick passes, attacking the D… just pass it around the perimeter and then pass it back. It’s so hard to watch. Got lucky with the own goal at death. It’s a win, but it shouldn’t have been this hard. Team has talent, but lacks cohesion and creativity.

This is a perfect example of my apathy towards college sports. Up until 2 years ago, no way in hell would I choose to watch a soccer game over March Madness. My jaw dropped on the US equalizer. I assume our good friends, Mexico, next.

Berhalter is in over his head. Yeah they have possession but does that matter when you can’t do anything in the final 1/3? Guys stand around watching the ball. No movement, quick passes, attacking the D… just pass it around the perimeter and then pass it back. It’s so hard to watch. Got lucky with the own goal at death. It’s a win, but it shouldn’t have been this hard. Team has talent, but lacks cohesion and creativity.

All of this is correct. Sweet possession numbers to score an own goal at the death. Good thing Haji Wright started scoring again right before camp.

This is a perfect example of my apathy towards college sports. Up until 2 years ago, no way in hell would I choose to watch a soccer game over March Madness. My jaw dropped on the US equalizer. I assume our good friends, Mexico, next.

I'll forgive you for being polite being a new fan of soccer (or casual which is totally fine). Never, ever, again say Mexico and friends in the same sentence for international soccer. This isn't political. Eff those guys.

Idk how much USMNT you have watched but the rivalry with Mexico has gotten very physical in recent years. Last time we played them in nations league, 4 players (2 of theirs and 2 of ours) saw red.

Berhalter has consistently show he isn't great tactically.
Thankfully, I have an iPad and multitasked - USMNT on the TV, March Madness via multiview on the iPad. Technology is our friend.
This team has difficulty opening up bunker defenses like Jamacia and not only do Jamacia specialize in that defense but going up so early allowed them to play that defense all of regular time.
I REALLY want an explanation as to why Gio didn't start. He's by far the best we have attacking defenses up the middle and breaking them down with passes.
Idk how much USMNT you have watched but the rivalry with Mexico has gotten very physical in recent years. Last time we played them in nations league, 4 players (2 of theirs and 2 of ours) saw red.
Games with Mexico have always been physical.

I'll forgive you for being polite being a new fan of soccer (or casual which is totally fine). Never, ever, again say Mexico and friends in the same sentence for international soccer. This isn't political. Eff those guys.
It was sarcasm. I do not care for Mexico at all.

Hell I rooted for the NY Cosmos as a kid because of Pele. We went to the WWC in 2015, will be getting COPA tickets in KC, have rooted for Liverpool for a decade. Chicago Red Stars and Sporting KC are my other rooting interests. I blame my soccer playing kids. Lol

Berhalter has consistently show he isn't great tactically.

Thankfully, I have an iPad and multitasked - USMNT on the TV, March Madness via multiview on the iPad. Technology is our friend.

I REALLY want an explanation as to why Gio didn't start. He's by far the best we have attacking defenses up the middle and breaking them down with passes.

Games with Mexico have always been physical.

Yeah but it has gotten worse recently. They haven't usually ended in 4 red cards.

Reactions: St. Louis Hawk
This team has difficulty opening up bunker defenses like Jamacia and not only do Jamacia specialize in that defense but going up so early allowed them to play that defense all of regular time.
The team literally stands in place watching the ball. No movement to create anything. It's like they see all these defenders and have no clue what to do to create gaps and opportunities. Hell, they often don't even reverse the ball... just pass it back wide or play back and start over.

I watched last night but was about 30 minutes behind the whole time so i couldn't comment. Pretty rough game, looking forward to watching them play a team that won't sitting in a low block.

I watched last night but was about 30 minutes behind the whole time so i couldn't comment. Pretty rough game, looking forward to watching them play a team that won't sitting in a low block.
Mexico will press like they always do, but that doesn't solve the US problem when teams sit back... they need to figure it out of Copa and WC will be a struggle.

Mexico will press like they always do, but that doesn't solve the US problem when teams sit back... they need to figure it out of Copa and WC will be a struggle.
They need to start Adams on Sunday instead of using 2 subs for the same position.

They need to start Adams on Sunday instead of using 2 subs for the same position.
Apparently Adams wasn't fully healthy?

Biggest problem I had was Reyna not starting. Tillman's a solid player but starting him over Reyna is coaching malpractice.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT