ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats to Austin Killips for wining Women’s Bike race and $35,000

So you’re advocating for hormone treatment in teens? Great.
All of the women who voluntarily entered this race knew the rules. Are you saying that they shouldn’t be able to decide? Or that the company running it can’t make their own decisions?
If the company hosting the race either:
1) banned trans athletes
2) had a separate category for them

You’d be absolutely up-in-arms calling the practice discriminatory and transphobic. There is zero win with your scenario.

I'm probably late to the party, but the typo in the thread title has opened up a real possibility....

"Wining women bike ride"

Women ride bikes and stop to drink wine along the way...

I feel like there's a massive market for this just waiting to be tapped.

You’re arguing a hypothetical that isn’t and won’t be legislated.

You’re acting like a dumb person but that’s par for the course.

Probably should have put a laughing emoji. I don't fully expect Kim to write law about trans not being able to ride bikes. You're right, that would be pretty dumb. The sad part is we have written legislation around rules for sports and trans, so is it really out of the realm of possibility?

Probably should have put a laughing emoji. I don't fully expect Kim to write law about trans not being able to ride bikes. You're right, that would be pretty dumb. The sad part is we have written legislation around rules for sports and trans, so is it really out of the realm of possibility?
I actually thought it was a good point and would probably happen.

So you’re advocating for hormone treatment in teens? Great.
All of the women who voluntarily entered this race knew the rules. Are you saying that they shouldn’t be able to decide? Or that the company running it can’t make their own decisions?

I'm saying there is no alternative. They are training incredibly hard to be at the top of their sport and there is nowhere else for them to go. I know you suggested that there should be another race or organization but there isn't. That all takes time, money and people to get it going. I know you said to boycott and maybe that would have drawn more attention but, like I said, sponsors may not like that you are sitting out of races. If this is a primary job or even something you are banking on for half your income, you have to race. I get your point, I just think I would still compete if my livelihood depended on it.

No, I'm not in favor of hormone therapy for kids. There is not an undo button for this stuff and we can all admit teenage years are hard for everyone. Making a life altering change should not be in the hands of an young teen.

I'm confused. Are people saying this is okay? There are thousands of races but you won't find a prize of $35k at many of them. This is getting beyond ridiculous and I'm confused why people think this is okay... biological males are different than biological women.

As stated many times, you can have fairness or equality... you will never have both in this situation.

I'm not saying we need to kick trans people off the planet or that they can't play sports. They need to play with their biological sex. I absolutely do not hate them.

Before others want to make this political and go at whataboutisms... yes, guns are a massive problem in our nation. Not sure what that has to do with this topic though.
It is such an easy and logical decision to not allow men to compete with women, but we have a lot of people that have no logic and no common sense. Think about that….Because you think or say you are a woman, you can compete in women sports. Whether you are actually a woman or not is completely irrelevant.

Well, I would hope not but you’re right the Iowa legislature sure loves to write laws which seem to be of least importance

Reactions: fredjr82
That's the point. There are dozens of races around the country every day you'll never hear about, but we all hear about the 6 times in history it's ever happened.
That doesn’t make it right. When a women gets killed by another “woMAN” in a fight let’s just say who cares it rarely happens.

It doesn’t affect you OP, just be kind!!1!!1!
What a ridiculous comment!! "It, doesn't affect you, so be kind" are you kidding? So If someone gets shot in the inner city, we should all just "be kind" because it doesn't affect us?

Men beating women in sports is wrong regardless what you might feel about transgenders. News flash, men's bodies are stronger, bigger and their lung capacity is larger that's why women have their own sports so they can have a fair chance to compete and win. Whatever happened to the left's compassion for women?

What a ridiculous comment!! "It, doesn't affect you, so be kind" are you kidding? So If someone gets shot in the inner city, we should all just "be kind" because it doesn't affect us?

Men beating women in sports is wrong regardless what you might feel about transgenders. News flash, men's bodies are stronger, bigger and their lung capacity is larger that's why women have their own sports so they can have a fair chance to compete and win. Whatever happened to the left's compassion for women?
Your sarcasm detector is broke.

Very little money in women’s cycling. Alternative organizations are not falling off trees to join and be able to earn a living.

The real women need to bad together and boycott to really bring this to a head.

It’s fricking pathetic.

Bicycle races, serious matters. I posit that too many people are too concerned with a bicycle race in New Mexico. There’s a pinewood derby car in Kansas that is an ounce overweight and the axles were put on by an adult. Call your congressman.
Hi tree, meet the forest.

As most of you know, I am a liberal Democrat. Being that I am a minority who has faced a lifetime of discrimination, I also fully support trans rights. However, I have said that trans athletes should compete in their own open division. It is not fair to women who are disadvantaged by their physiques and hormones.

When I play in tennis tournaments, I play in the geezer division. Why? Because I am a geezer. I don't enter the 18 to 25 because I don't want to get my ass beaten in or die of a heart attack.

I simply cannot see why sports cannot make a separate division for trans athletes. Let them compete, but fairly.

Again, I don't want this message to turn into "I hate trans people" because that isn't true. They can be whoever they want under the law. This is simply about sports and fairness.

Why is it so hard for people to understand this?

This is not fair.

If you were born a man but want to be a woman, I really don't care. Do I understand it? No. Do I think it's a little weird? Definitely. But I'm not going to tell you not to change your name and tell you how to dress.

This is about being FAIR.

It's pretty simple, if you are born with a penis, you participate in male sports. Otherwise it is not fair to those that were born with a vagina.

It's really not that complicated.

As most of you know, I am a liberal Democrat. Being that I am a minority who has faced a lifetime of discrimination, I also fully support trans rights. However, I have said that trans athletes should compete in their own open division. It is not fair to women who are disadvantaged by their physiques and hormones.

When I play in tennis tournaments, I play in the geezer division. Why? Because I am a geezer. I don't enter the 18 to 25 because I don't want to get my ass beaten in or die of a heart attack.

I simply cannot see why sports cannot make a separate division for trans athletes. Let them compete, but fairly.
Because there isn’t enough to justify the added expense at the amateur level. I doubt many would want to “out themelsves”. Going to have a trans run at the state high school track meet against nobody in Class A and then pretend she is the champion of something? You could combine classes and I doubt you get enough.

At the pro level you wouldn’t raise a dime to support it.

You would also need trans divisions going both ways because woman-to-man wouldn’t stand a chance against man-to-woman at the highest levels of performance.

Frankly if transitioning is so necessary for your mental health then maybe competitive athletics is a sacrifice that you need to make. Or just compete against the men.

2023-totg-stage-4-11-1536x1024.jpg

Why is it so hard for people to understand this?

This is not fair.

If you were born a man but want to be a woman, I really don't care. Do I understand it? No. Do I think it's a little weird? Definitely. But I'm not going to tell you not to change your name and tell you how to dress.

This is about being FAIR.

It's pretty simple, if you are born with a penis, you participate in male sports. Otherwise it is not fair to those that were born with a vagina.

It's really not that complicated.
Yes, because life is always fair. However, I don't disagree that males should not be competing with women.

• Haha
Reactions: DolphLundgren
Hi tree, meet the forest.
So what exactly is the Forest here then? Private entities conducting contests of arbitrary skills in a way they see fit?

The whole broad Forest I suppose is the issue of fairness vs inclusivity of ALL athletic competition. I’m in favor of uncoupling serious athletic competition from public education, hopefully removing any compelling concerns over inclusivity OR fairness of competition.

Sorry, after being on this board for a couple of years, I can't tell the difference between sarcasm and actual insane beliefs and statements by those on the left.
Similar statements to the ones you quoted (which I absolutely wrote sarcastically) have been made on this board. It’s a go-to deflection when the left can’t defend their insanity, but they just can’t bring themselves to agree with a conservative.

Threads like this make me LOL whenever anyone pulls the, “Where were you when party X supported THIS, hmmmm?!?!” because there’s a shitload of very active posters missing from this thread.

Because there isn’t enough to justify the added expense at the amateur level. I doubt many would want to “out themelsves”. Going to have a trans run at the state high school track meet against nobody in Class A and then pretend she is the champion of something? You could combine classes and I doubt you get enough.

At the pro level you wouldn’t raise a dime to support it.

You would also need trans divisions going both ways because woman-to-man wouldn’t stand a chance against man-to-woman at the highest levels of performance.

Frankly if transitioning is so necessary for your mental health then maybe competitive athletics is a sacrifice that you need to make. Or just compete against the men.
I'm not disagreeing with you and I also do agree that dudes cannot and should not compete with women. It's not fair on a physiological level. That's all.

Because that would mean that you're putting a disclaimer on on the motto that "All trans women ARE women". That would make it "All trans women are women...except physically. They're still very much men in that respect." And we can't be doing that. God forbid we look a things clearly and realize it's a very nuanced situation and not black and white at all.

I wonder if a lot of this (just like most things in life) is about MONEY.

Look at all the sponsors behind these three.

Everyone is so afraid to speak their mind nowadays.

You can come out "woke" and then go down the Bud Light path. Or you can come out "anti-woke" and also lose out on sales.

Who's going to have the balls (pun intended?) and step up and say "This isn't fair" and risk losing revenue and being called a homophobe/etc?

I'm saying there is no alternative. They are training incredibly hard to be at the top of their sport and there is nowhere else for them to go. I know you suggested that there should be another race or organization but there isn't. That all takes time, money and people to get it going. I know you said to boycott and maybe that would have drawn more attention but, like I said, sponsors may not like that you are sitting out of races. If this is a primary job or even something you are banking on for half your income, you have to race. I get your point, I just think I would still compete if my livelihood depended on it.

No, I'm not in favor of hormone therapy for kids. There is not an undo button for this stuff and we can all admit teenage years are hard for everyone. Making a life altering change should not be in the hands of an young teen.
Actually I didn't say any of those things.
It's a race by a private group. They can make whatever rules they want. If you don't like the rules race somewhere else. This isn't the only race in the country.

Reactions: GOHOX69
Way back when, in the Ho-Lame-Pics, in the 70's, it was well known that many of the "ladies" of the Soviet Union and Soviet block were in fact dudes. Jacked up on testosterone, growth hormone etc. They would bust them by doing chromosome tests. Things are much more sophisticated these days (both cheating and detection) and I know one of the tests was to determine testosterone levels in "females." I am a firm believer in fair play. This is far from fair, notwithstanding the fact that they are all good human beings.

Totally female

licensed-image

70's East German Version--FYI "her" record still stands.......
18RECORDBOOK01-superJumbo.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT