ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats to the state of Iowa

agr1858

All-Conference
Apr 13, 2014
As an ISU fan I know we’re all supposed to hate each other, but if you look at the number of CFP polls that ISU and Iowa have been in the last few years, that’s pretty frickin impressive for a state as small as we are with two P5 teams. Good luck the rest of the way Hawk fans!

I always thought fans of Iowa and Iowa State should back the other school except when they play each other. It's a shame, it really is, that so many people can't handle that. Mutual respect and appreciation is especially out of style right now, but maybe Hawkeye fans and Cyclone fans like the OP can bring it back. I'm in.

Here's hoping both Iowa and ISU are playing for their respective conference championships in a few weeks.

As an ISU fan I know we’re all supposed to hate each other, but if you look at the number of CFP polls that ISU and Iowa have been in the last few years, that’s pretty frickin impressive for a state as small as we are with two P5 teams. Good luck the rest of the way Hawk fans!
Great post. Good luck the rest of the season.

Iowa State, best three loss team In the country, not being sarcastic either. I'll get blasted, that's ok .
Second favorite team is Iowa State. Keep it going Cyclones!!
Glad I am not the only one. I started following Iowa State football when Johnny Majors was coaching .

In reality, 1 game per football and basketball season that doesn’t effect anything in conference shouldn’t piss us off so much. You guys win the Big 10 and we’ll try to win the Big12 and everything is good.

Reasons why I don't like Iowa St.- Fans, Lazard, ethics/trash talk of basketball team, most importantly... we are going after the same recruits in a small state as the OP mentioned.

I am sure Iowa St. fans would say similar things.

To the OP- it is very impressive. I don't think schools like Nebraska, Minnesota, Wisconsin, etc... understand this concept. In football they do not have to compete with a major conference intrastate rival. It's great to see and I hope Iowa can at least finish 3-1.

Reactions: SMBHAWK
Went to an Iowa State game with my uncle in the 80s. I was standing in the grass area in the northwest corner? Remember Barry Sanders flying down the sideline for about an 80 yard td run.

Haha. Iowa State in CFP polls? How many years has that been? It’s not even close if you are talking about the last two decades. Get real, don’t even put them in the same breath as Iowa. It’s disingenuous.

Haha. Iowa State in CFP polls? How many years has that been? It’s not even close if you are talking about the last two decades. Get real, don’t even put them in the same breath as Iowa. It’s disingenuous.
the cfp has been around for two decades?
dayum, where have I been????

the cfp has been around for two decades?
dayum, where have I been????

Fair enough, I deserve that. I was referring to any sort of ranking. Campbell is a great coach but get real. Iowa has multiple top 10 finishes, conference championships and New Year’s 6 bowl games during Fetentz’s tenure. What has ISU done? Give me a break.

One of those teams should get 'couple' associated with it rather than 'few'

My wife and I went to UNI. I’m a lifetime Iowa fan. Two of our sons graduated from Iowa. My daughter will be the first in our family going to ISU. I cheer for ISU unless they’re playing Iowa or UNI. I cheer for the state of Iowa.

Well, it's been about 10 months considering they were also ranked in the CFP poll last year?

Still living in the past?

Iowa State, best three loss team In the country, not being sarcastic either. I'll get blasted, that's ok .
Second favorite team is Iowa State. Keep it going Cyclones!!
I won't blast you, I went to Iowa State for a year but was always a Hawk fan. I would like to see both teams win, just have ISU lose to Iowa every year and I am fine. LOL But it's nice that ISU is a schedule enhancer then a detractor as it had been for many years.

I always thought fans of Iowa and Iowa State should back the other school except when they play each other. It's a shame, it really is, that so many people can't handle that. Mutual respect and appreciation is especially out of style right now, but maybe Hawkeye fans and Cyclone fans like the OP can bring it back. I'm in.

Here's hoping both Iowa and ISU are playing for their respective conference championships in a few weeks.
I think when one of the teams has a really, really good team, a fair number of opposing fans support it. For instance, I think a lot of Hawk fans were behind Eustachy's 2000 team (although maybe not against Sparty).

What seems to get both fan bases really in a twist is when they perceive the other team is getting praise it doesn't deserve.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT