ADVERTISEMENT

Congratulations Kirk on tarnishing your coaching legacy...

RagnarLothbrok

HR All-American
Apr 4, 2023
Because you are too stubborn and arrogant to think you ever have to change a thing.
Because you are too stubborn and arrogant not to hire a family member who is incompetent.
Because you are too stubborn and arrogant not to add quarterback coach to an incompetent family member's duties.
Because you are too stubborn and arrogant to fire incompetent staff.
Because you are too stubborn and arrogant to ever try to find a quarterback who isn't a statue.
Because you are too stubborn and arrogant to try a change at quarterback.
Because....yeah, I think we all get it.

So, yeah, congratulations, Kirk. You and your idiot son deserve to be the laughingstock of the country. Well done.

Do the right thing and retire. Because it's time for you to **** off.

oh my Herbstreet and McAfee are just laughing
Herbie ‘ Congrats to PJ but those two teams are terrible’
McAfee laughing ‘possibly the worst football I have ever seen ...but nice try by the kid faking the fair catch’

Reactions: RagnarLothbrok
oh my Herbstreet and McAfee are just laughing
Herbie ‘ Congrats to PJ but those two teams are terrible’
McAfee laughing ‘possibly the worst football I have ever seen ...but nice try by the kid faking the fair catch’
Right.

And what's amazing is the number of fans upset about the bullshit "illegal fair catch signal" call. Okay, so assume that call wasn't made.

Are you still happy with the state of the program? My god, the amount of myopia in the Iowa fan base is astounding.

Because you are too stubborn and arrogant to think you ever have to change a thing.
Because you are too stubborn and arrogant not to hire a family member who is incompetent.
Because you are too stubborn and arrogant not to add quarterback coach to an incompetent family member's duties.
Because you are too stubborn and arrogant to fire incompetent staff.
Because you are too stubborn and arrogant to ever try to find a quarterback who isn't a statue.
Because you are too stubborn and arrogant to try a change at quarterback.
Because....yeah, I think we all get it.

So, yeah, congratulations, Kirk. You and your idiot son deserve to be the laughingstock of the country. Well done.

Do the right thing and retire. Because it's time for you to **** off.
And **** right off, he can! Been hoping for this for 10+ years now. He gots to go...NOW...GTFO!!!!!!!!

I've been done with KF for a while now. The first straw was his having the nerve to announce that BF was the best candidate for OC after a comprehensive nationwide search. Fans are not that stupid, and I feel like I, as a fan, have been treated as such by him pretty much ever since.

He should have retired after 2019. It's been a steady decline since then. The last extension was inexplicable and has made him untouchable. That's the only reason he is able to get away with letting his boy run the offense into the ground. When you have an OC, OL coach and QB that would not have the same position at any other program at your level or a level or two below, you are doing it wrong and either have your own interests ahead of the team's or you are clueless; not sure which is worse.

I respect KF for what he's done for the program overall, but I do not respect what he's done the past 3-4 years. He needs to hang it up before he makes me completely forget the good years.

I respect KF for what he's done for the program overall, but I do not respect what he's done the past 3-4 years. He needs to hang it up before he makes me completely forget the good years.
I agree with this. I want to look back at the Ferentz years fondly. I want to look back with respect and appreciation.

Right now, though, with Kirk insisting on pissing on everyone's head while claiming it's raining so Tommy Boy can keep coaching at this level, we're pretty much in unforgivable territory.

That's where I'm at.

I've been done with KF for a while now. The first straw was his having the nerve to announce that BF was the best candidate for OC after a comprehensive nationwide search. Fans are not that stupid, and I feel like I, as a fan, have been treated as such by him pretty much ever since.

He should have retired after 2019. It's been a steady decline since then. The last extension was inexplicable and has made him untouchable. That's the only reason he is able to get away with letting his boy run the offense into the ground. When you have an OC, OL coach and QB that would not have the same position at any other program at your level or a level or two below, you are doing it wrong and either have your own interests ahead of the team's or you are clueless; not sure which is worse.

For me, the first "last straw" was our major recruiting fail from '05-'08. We had all those high ranking high school players but couldn't do anything like the previous three years.

The next "last straw"was against OSU in '09. When he let the clock run down a minute and 40 seconds I believe with two timeouts left at our 35-40 yard line. We went to overtime and I knew we wouldn't win once he made that decision. He showed no faith in his guys and I lost a lot more faith in him. All we needed was a field goal to win but he didn't even try to get 25 more yards to have a chance. Pathetic quitter attitude in my opinion.

The next "last straw" was the rhabdomyolysis issue. That would get most/all other coaches fired but he somehow survived. Combined with the terrible years from '11-14, yeah, he was at a crossroads with me and hasn't recovered since.

Obviously the hiring of his son, retention of, amongst a myriad of other reasons, is why I feel the way I do about KF. How do you fire Doyle (20+ years and widely considered the best at his position) but retain your son (nothing of note, no accomplishments at all outside of maybe honorable mention B1G in his senior year I believe) for the same exact accusations!? And then give a pay raise to your son!? You already gave him Section 8 housing while in school! How do you not see you're making him a spoiled brat? What lessons do you think you're teaching him now? We hate your son Kirk...think about that. Yeah, I've tried to keep liking Ferentzi over the last 20 years but it's been a fool's attempt obviously.

I did think highly of him at one time and tried to rejustify it over and over again but it's time and it has been for a while. My entire family despises his coaching choices and poor clock management and I know that number is growing. What's worse is that our fanbase is divided like I've not seen, probably due to the internet.

Anyway, yeah. Iowa is my Alma Mater and what I've watched since I was 4. It was the first thing I remember on TV. My connection with my dad and brother and I really, really, really want to like it again. You have to go for that chance to occur again Kirk. You gotta get gone ASAP!

He's going to milk this university and program financially for every last drop he can get for himself and his kids. That comes first.

• Angry
Reactions: RagnarLothbrok
For me, the first "last straw" was our major recruiting fail from '05-'08. We had all those high ranking high school players but couldn't do anything like the previous three years.

The next "last straw"was against OSU in '09. When he let the clock run down a minute and 40 seconds I believe with two timeouts left at our 35-40 yard line. We went to overtime and I knew we wouldn't win once he made that decision. He showed no faith in his guys and I lost a lot more faith in him. All we needed was a field goal to win but he didn't even try to get 25 more yards to have a chance. Pathetic quitter attitude in my opinion.

The next "last straw" was the rhabdomyolysis issue. That would get most/all other coaches fired but he somehow survived. Combined with the terrible years from '11-14, yeah, he was at a crossroads with me and hasn't recovered since.

Obviously the hiring of his son, retention of, amongst a myriad of other reasons, is why I feel the way I do about KF. How do you fire Doyle (20+ years and widely considered the best at his position) but retain your son (nothing of note, no accomplishments at all outside of maybe honorable mention B1G in his senior year I believe) for the same exact accusations!? And then give a pay raise to your son!? You already gave him Section 8 housing while in school! How do you not see you're making him a spoiled brat? What lessons do you think you're teaching him now? We hate your son Kirk...think about that. Yeah, I've tried to keep liking Ferentzi over the last 20 years but it's been a fool's attempt obviously.

I did think highly of him at one time and tried to rejustify it over and over again but it's time and it has been for a while. My entire family despises his coaching choices and poor clock management and I know that number is growing. What's worse is that our fanbase is divided like I've not seen, probably due to the internet.

Anyway, yeah. Iowa is my Alma Mater and what I've watched since I was 4. It was the first thing I remember on TV. My connection with my dad and brother and I really, really, really want to like it again. You have to go for that chance to occur again Kirk. You gotta get gone ASAP!
Well said.

At this point, I'm just terribly bored out of my mind with Iowa football. It's just time for a change. I think too many of us have become indifferent to the wins and losses because of all the bullshit you mentioned.

Honestly, we've long since passed the point where it's futile to continue to chew up the same ground. We all know what the problem is and there is little hope the problem will be addressed so long as Kirk is in charge. Right now, I'm ready to be done talking about Iowa football until there is speculation to talk about as far as a coaching change is concerned.

Until then, meh.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT