ADVERTISEMENT

Pat Harty's article on HawkFanatics yesterday; has anyone read it?

uihawk82

HR All-American
Nov 17, 2021
I ask because the article's title reads "Iowa Football's 2024 schedule now looks more promising".

But the first sentence is "Part of the frustration with the Iowa football team finishing just 8-5 last season ....". I have a question for you and that is didnt the hawks go 10-4 last year, 10-2 in the regular season? Am I correct? I think so because I just looked up the record again at the official hawk football site.

An 8-5 season in 2023? His handle at X is @pathardy and I haven't done X since it changed to X.

It is up to any of you but maybe Pat should be informed and fact checked? Just a minor thing except he is a long time sports reporter.

I'm glad to see a former newspaper sports reporter have his own indepenent site, and able to generate money from it with old school display ads, no google ad shit, and hire staff etc. Cool thing, but IMO the site needs help design wise. And he should not be so unenthusiastic about adding more interactive elements I.E. forums, or whatever. And the emphasis on "read my column" as if people treat that the same way as a newspaper column, that idea needs to be seriously updated. But yea, probably just an error that will be pointed out and corrected.

Reactions: redbirdhawk
Harty is a socioipath who is too lazy to go on the road to cover any games, whether it be football, basketball or wrestling. He's lazy and doesn't bother to check his facts.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT