ADVERTISEMENT

Consumer Reports sez: EVs have 79% more problems than ICE vehicles...

I have a PHEV which works as an EV for short local trips and as a gas car on longer trips. Overall I get 42 mpg so its working pretty good for me. I also dont have to drive to work.

Todays virtue signaling.

Reactions: Hawkdiver
Tesla not only shows you what charging stations are available but also how many chargers are available at each location. I’ve been driving a Tesla Y for over 3 years, it’s great. Trad and Joe are both morons when it comes to EV’s. I’m no fan of Elon but Tesla makes safe and great cars. Almost all of the so called self driving reported accidents have turned out that the cars were not in Self Driving mode.

Last edited:
Reactions: artradley
Get a Hyundai or Kia EV

They have the highest rankings among all/any EVs. Far fewer reliability issues than any Tesla model

Ioniq6 is on their list of "Recommended" models, with a rating of 83.
Ioniq5 is high 60s.

Kia EV6 rates 77
Kia Niro is 71 (as good as the highest-rated Tesla model)

Teslas are rated in the 50s-70 range (highest is the uber-pricey Model S at 71).

Ergo - Hyundai & Kia are currently MUCH better/more reliable EVs than most Tesla models.

Both have been making EVs longer than most US makers.
Hyundai has been making EVs since the 1990s
Kia has since around 2014/2015.

Both have far more experience in the EV markets than most others (aside from Tesla). And, unlike Tesla, they seem to have learned from that experience in making the more reliable current models.
One thing about Hyundai & Kia. They’re very reliable, but if you have a problem, you could be screwed. They’re over their skis on service and replacement parts. Both companies have had 9+ month waits for transmissions for cars under warranty.

One thing about Hyundai & Kia. They’re very reliable, but if you have a problem, you could be screwed. They’re over their skis on service and replacement parts. Both companies have had 9+ month waits for transmissions for cars under warranty.

And apparently, they're easy to steal making them ripe targets for punk kids who watch YouTube videos on how to steal cars.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT