ADVERTISEMENT

Cooper is NFL bound

If I’d been Cooper watching that pathetic bowl game, that woild have been my conclusion, too. Sad for him, as it seemed he wanted to stay.
You are an idiot. I'm sure it pained him to not be on the field trying to help his brothers. His decision had nothing to do with the bowl game. I can give you $15 - $20M reasons why he needed to turn pro.

If the average fan had supported SWARM I have zero doubt something could have been put together to get Cooper to stay.

This is what happens when the "do nothing crowd" would rather bitch than join.
Tell me how you feel about Caitlin going pro?

Of course it's the best move. Really has nothing to do with how competitive or non-competitive Iowa will be next season. He's maximized his initial NFL earning potential. Now it's time to go get paid.

I will in the event she announces she is leaving.
And if she does it won't have ONE single thing to do with the swarm or NIL, as CC takes ZERO $$ from either as far as any connection to the University. Her endorsements are 100% driven by her brand and are not reliant on Iowa. If she was playing for Drake, she'd have the same endorsements.....

And if she does it won't have ONE single thing to do with the swarm or NIL, as CC takes ZERO $$ from either as far as any connection to the University. Her endorsements are 100% driven by her brand and are not reliant on Iowa. If she was playing for Drake, she'd have the same endorsements.....
Why do you think I didn't comment in the first place?

I was thinking about the bowl too, and that terrible call in the minnesota game.

of course he thought both were idiotic, the whole world did.

hopefully he does good in the pros, he seems kind of smallish to me, but hey, the trend for d-backs and safeties is small and quick

Last edited:
Speaking of SWARM, I made a 1-time donation last year and noticed on my credit card statement last month that the same amount had been charged to my card again without my permission. Contacted SWARM and was told I should have received an email giving me the opportunity to opt out of being charged annually. Mind you, I had made a 1-time donation. Never noticed the email and I certainly never expected that I would have to take action to prevent being billed annually after making a 1-time donation.

I shared my thoughts about this sleazy tactic with them in no uncertain terms. Left a very sour taste. I think it’s a poor way to encourage loyalty among your donor base. Development 101 says to let the donor determine the timing and extent of donations.

Speaking of SWARM, I made a 1-time donation last year and noticed on my credit card statement last month that the same amount had been charged to my card again without my permission. Contacted SWARM and was told I should have received an email giving me the opportunity to opt out of being charged annually. Mind you, I had made a 1-time donation. Never noticed the email and I certainly never expected that I would have to take action to prevent being billed annually after making a 1-time donation.

I shared my thoughts about this sleazy tactic with them in no uncertain terms. Left a very sour taste. I think it’s a poor way to encourage loyalty among your donor base. Development 101 says to let the donor determine the timing and extent of donations.
Strange?

I received an email notification that my anniversary date was coming up and my membership was scheduled to be renewed.

I'm 100% in on making Hawkeye Football successful.

Strange?

I received an email notification that my anniversary date was coming up and my membership was scheduled to be renewed.

For those who prefer to donate at their own pace, putting the onus on the donor to prevent recurring donations is sleazy. SWARM should discontinue this immediately. Hopefully they take my advice.

For fans who prefer to donate annually, more power to them. But the choice must remain with the donor. If they continue this tactic, I suspect they’ll lose more donors and end up shooting themselves in the foot.

Reactions: shudaddy
How many members in the Swarm and how much would they each need to donate to get Cooper the 10-15M first round deal?
I highly doubt it would have taken that much since he could still get that much next year. The frosh QB at Tennesse has an 8M deal and he started his 1st game in the Citrus Bowl.

Iowa is way behind everyone else in the NIL world. You do realize that don't you?

Strange?

too bad nil and swarm collectives are the way some think it makes it successful

For those who prefer to donate at their own pace, putting the onus on the donor to prevent recurring donations is sleazy. SWARM should discontinue this immediately. Hopefully they take my advice.

For fans who prefer to donate annually, more power to them. But the choice must remain with the donor. If they continue this tactic, I suspect they’ll lose more donors and end up shooting themselves in the foot.
how about buy a recurring beer? ha ha

A generational legend, but there was only one outcome here. Best to him.

I'll maintain he was as or more special than Tim Dwight with the ball in his hands and he was a defensive player, NFL future is bright now go do great things fellow NW Iowan!
Twas a fine Hawk, but sure twas no Dwight, English.
He’ll look real good in purple next year! Skol!!!
BOOOOOO!
The 4 schools who made the playoffs all have a healthy NIL/Collective, do you think it's just a coincidence?
I'm pretty sure all teams have one so.....

no but I think in a few years when it all goes away we will look back at it and say, "my gawd how in the world was that ever a thing??"

And the same teams will still be in the playoff that were there before and during NIL. Buying swarm beer isn’t turning Iowa into a national powerhouse, sorry.

Reactions: ottumwan in tx
And the same teams will still be in the playoff that were there before and during NIL. Buying swarm beer isn’t turning Iowa into a national powerhouse, sorry.
That’s only because Iowa fans don’t drink enough of it! We need that lucrative Busch light NIL deal. THEN we will be a national powerhouse.

correct. always alabama georgia, etc. but I liked washington rising up out of nowhere.

That’s only because Iowa fans don’t drink enough of it! We need that lucrative Busch light NIL deal. THEN we will be a national powerhouse.
recall that dude that got in all kinds of trouble with a go fundme sign at hawkeye games, wanting busch lights or something? what ever happened to that dude?

recall that dude that got in all kinds of trouble with a go fundme sign at hawkeye games, wanting busch lights or something? what ever happened to that dude?
Carson King? Raised an insane amount of money, which I think he donated to charity/hospital. Had a potential deal with Busch light or something but some old tweets were dug up from when he was a teen and they distanced themselves.

Carson King? Raised an insane amount of money, which I think he donated to charity/hospital. Had a potential deal with Busch light or something but some old tweets were dug up from when he was a teen and they distanced themselves.
e6545bdb-00bf-4719-bf04-5d42070f5031-EE7BybuWwAEME1n.jpg

somebody should photo-shop cooper's picture in there, with "iowa legend"

Skal , But I would expect incorrect use of the Old Norse language from a Team whose mascot and logo puts larpy horns on the helmets , No Norseman has ever been documented with a horned Helmet, The Gjermundbu is the only " Viking " age helmet ever found in a Norse grave or burial mound and the term Viking for that matter was not even used to describe the Norse People till the 1700's when it was affixed to Them by Christians using the Norse word Vik which means to explore or raid . That all said Get that $$$$$ Cooper and Thanks for being a Hawkeye
Hey hey hey..........hey...........hey...........look right here.....................................

Vikings > your team

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT