ADVERTISEMENT

Coop vs CC

I have no idea how good of a basketball player Coop is. He's a really good athlete though so he's probably not bad. I don't know, if he can dribble and protect the ball then I would have to say his speed would give him an edge over CC in a 1 on 1 game.

I have no idea how good of a basketball player Coop is. He's a really good athlete though so he's probably not bad. I don't know, if he can dribble and protect the ball then I would have to say his speed would give him an edge over CC in a 1 on 1 game.
In addition to his 4.4 forty, his almost 6'1 frame, extra 60 pounds, and 40 inch vertical just might make this a mismatch.

I wish some of these competitions would actually happen, so everyone would shut up about it.

Men vs. women, on average, is not anywhere close to a level playing field, and when you start bringing in elite level male athletes, there is even more disparity.

Caitlin would be lucky to get a normal shot off.

Just not seeing how she scores 6. Not if he is actually guarding.
And just to put a finer point the athleticism gap, Cooper is in the top 1% of all NFL cornerbacks in the past 30 years, for aggregate athletic testing score for the NFL pre-draft pro days and combines. So he's not just a freak, he is a FREAK.

In addition to his 4.4 forty, his almost 6'1 frame, extra 60 pounds, and 40 inch vertical just might make this a mismatch.
Sure, although CC is 6'0" and she does have some reach. I'm not sure size (bulk) matters as much in a 1 v 1 game since you aren't going to be posting up and trying to move people around as much. The vertical leap would be a huge advantage though, for sure.

FWIW, I think CC would take him up on the offer if she had the time. I don't think she would if there were a huge spectacle with it but if they happened to be at the gym one night and the challenge came, I think she'd play him.

Sure, although CC is 6'0" and she does have some reach. I'm not sure size (bulk) matters as much in a 1 v 1 game since you aren't going to be posting up and trying to move people around as much.
Sorry dude, but that is silly. Size and strength don't matter as much 1 on 1? Playing to 21, he could just back her down and literally dunk on her 21 times in a row.

Sure, although CC is 6'0" and she does have some reach. I'm not sure size (bulk) matters as much in a 1 v 1 game since you aren't going to be posting up and trying to move people around as much. The vertical leap would be a huge advantage though, for sure.

FWIW, I think CC would take him up on the offer if she had the time. I don't think she would if there were a huge spectacle with it but if they happened to be at the gym one night and the challenge came, I think she'd play him.

She will need to take some super high arching hooks and fadeaways. I think he would probably swat those too.

Sorry dude, but that is silly. Size and strength don't matter as much 1 on 1? Playing to 21, he could just back her down and literally dunk on her 21 times in a row.
Ok, I'm not an expert on 1 v 1. All I know is pretty much anyone that ever played any organized basketball ever would destroy me so there's that.

What about JBo versus Caitlin?? I could see that being a close 1v1 matchup. Cooper is just a freak athlete.
tenor.gif

• Love
Reactions: HIWILLE and Moral
What about JBo versus Caitlin?? I could see that being a close 1v1 matchup. Cooper is just a freak athlete.

JBo was a respectable D1 guard who even managed to average close to 7ppg in the g-league the year he was there. No one in the WNBA would sniff the floor in the g-league.

Maybe it would be close if you put him in a 30lb weighted vest and used a Wilson ball.

JBo was a respectable D1 guard who even managed to average close to 7ppg in the g-league the year he was there. No one in the WNBA would sniff the floor in the g-league.

Maybe it would be close if you put him in a 30lb weighted vest and used a Wilson ball.
What on earth does that have to do with a 1v1 with Caitlin?? I don’t think either could guard the other. Caitlin would have a much better chance to beat JBo than Cooper.

• Haha
Reactions: Hawktagonapus
What on earth does that have to do with a 1v1 with Caitlin?? I don’t think either could guard the other. Caitlin would have a much better chance to beat JBo than Cooper.
She wouldn't beat either they're is just that much difference between men and women in sports. Serena Williams got roasted by 112th ranked man if I remember right.

Reactions: LukaDuka

You are sincerely delusional if you don’t think bulk would matter in a 1:1 game. He would destroy her physically and even discussing this as a possibility is absurd. She would not get decent look at a shot and he could take her to the basket every single time.

Reactions: HIWILLE
You are sincerely delusional if you don’t think bulk would matter in a 1:1 game. He would destroy her physically and even discussing this as a possibility is absurd. She would not get decent look at a shot and he could take her to the basket every single time.
Sorry my opinion offended you about a 1 v 1 basketball game that will never actually happen.

Given the 1st round draft result, NFL GMs are clearly Caitlin Clark fans, and Cooper gave the wrong interview answer.

It was a trick! Live and learn.

Amazing that anyone thinks she could hang with him. 😱
Oh, there are people out there posting shit like "she's better than most of the NBA players"....real delusion.

BTW, would they play with a full-sized ball or the women's ball?

Just look at his high school basketball clips. Coop is a good hoopster.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT