ADVERTISEMENT

Coordinators met with Media Today. Marco getting more reps than Deacon. Offense 85% installed

Are You Sure Beavis And Butthead GIF by Paramount+

Reactions: General Tso
This will be somewhat hyperbolic

How does Iowa end up with the two worst QBs in div 1 ?

Deacon Hill, and the guy who can’t beat him out despite both starting fresh on scheme.
This is all on KF/BF for having statues as qb with the pathetic oline play the last three seasons. Add in an oline guy as OC/QB coach and KF created a recipe for disaster in the name of the Iowa offense. And he wanted to play it back another year with BF as OC. The guy needs to retire already.

This is all on KF/BF for having statues as qb with the pathetic oline play the last three seasons. Add in an oline guy as OC/QB coach and KF created a recipe for disaster in the name of the Iowa offense. And he wanted to play it back another year with BF as OC. The guy needs to retire already.
Relax. It's correct that Kirk was never going to fire his son but there's a new guy in town. Let's hope he's the real deal and Kirk figures out WTF has happened to his own oline credibility.

• Haha
Reactions: Here_4_a_Day
Relax. It's correct that Kirk was never going to fire his son but there's a new guy in town. Let's hope he's the real deal and Kirk figures out WTF has happened to his own oline credibility.
My frustration is the wasted defense for the last three years all in the name of putting a family member ahead of the best interest of the program.

My frustration is the wasted defense for the last three years all in the name of putting a family member ahead of the best interest of the program.
I was frustrated watching it too. Lamenting the past serves no purpose. Everyone knows what happened. Looking forward to hopefully something different and at least functional this season. Wouldn't that be exciting? 😀

Hmmm. You heard what Lester actually said, right? Marco is working with the second and third teams. That's why he's getting more reps. Deacon is still getting the first team reps.
Running the same plays, but way more reps. He said he needs them. Kinda got the impression he is trying to bring him along as fast as possible. But he has to be able to get the reads right, know the plays and get guys in and out of the plays. With Hill, he kind of is working more with mechanics. Said he has a natural arm, but with lack of fundamentals and mechanics his accuracy was bad. (I also saw a comment from Hill saying this is his 3rd offense to learn and by far this is the hardest he has studied.) Didn't really say much about Cade, except they are waiting for him to heal the rest of the way. So each one has problems and each is working on their own problems, so it is still anyone's job to take. Which is ecactly how it should be this time of year with a new system.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT