ADVERTISEMENT

Cop punches handcuffed woman in face...

"She's bipolar, she has schizophrenia," he said. "I think they could do a better job since they already have a history with her, they already know her."

Seriously, like I said before, cops aren't equipped to handle the mentally ill.

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
Hey! He didn't shoot her. That's progress, right?

tenor.gif

"She's bipolar, she has schizophrenia," he said. "I think they could do a better job since they already have a history with her, they already know her."

Seriously, like I said before, cops aren't equipped to handle the mentally ill.

I also think there's a lot of undiagnosed mental illnesses affecting LEOs. And I don't mean that in a derogatory sense. When you look at all the crap police officers have to deal with on a daily basis, I'm guessing there's a lot of trauma that goes untreated. Cops are human. I'm glad these things are coming to light. I firmly believe that along with accountability mental health also needs to be addressed in policing. Cops need better support and better pay.

2 things that I hope come out of the George Floyd case are that A) people are going to film police interactions more and I hope that B) gives pause to cops who might get out of control.

Maybe knowing they can and will be held accountable, more cops will be willing to stop their peers from going too far.

2 things that I hope come out of the George Floyd case are that A) people are going to film police interactions more and I hope that B) gives pause to cops who might get out of control.

Maybe knowing they can and will be held accountable, more cops will be willing to stop their peers from going too far.
Which we saw here.

After he hit her and she moved her head up did she say "you get that?" looking toward the person with the phone?

This is why cops use tasers all the time, strikes look a lot worse to the public than a drive stun, when a suspect is resisting. That said, the head strikes after she kicked him were excessive.

Reactions: jamesvanderwulf
This is why cops use tasers all the time, strikes look a lot worse to the public than a drive stun, when a suspect is resisting. That said, the head strikes after she kicked him were excessive.
"at least 500 people in the United States have died since 2001 after being shocked with stun guns during an arrest or while in jail, according to a 2012 statement by Amnesty International"

The awareness of a good share of cops seems to be lacking. Do they not know how much of LEO interactions are on video?

These idiots need to be disciplined as severely as possible because it's staining the entire profession.

The awareness of a good share of cops seems to be lacking. Do they not know how much of LEO interactions are on video?

These idiots need to be disciplined as severely as possible because it's staining the entire profession.

This.

Unfortunately, people who want to be able to legally beat people up are disproportionately attracted law enforcement jobs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT