ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Copa America USA 2024 Thread - Begins June 20th***

Have they announced host cities yet? Will be attempting to go if within driving distance of Iowa.
Yes. In fact KC gets two host venues: Children’s Mercy Park and Arrowhead. Arrowhead will be the site of the USMNT’s last group stage match. Good thing, as it’s the only easily drivable host city from Iowa:

Last edited:
Reactions: sober_teacher
They should beat Bolivia fairly easily. Panama is solid, but should be another win, so the toughest game shouldn't be an elimination game. If that's the case I hope the guys play loose and go for it. Beating Uruguay would be a nice victory and help the USMNTs cause in the next round with an easier opponent.

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
Have they lost disappointingly yet?
What's their most disappointing loss so far this decade? They won one of the most stacked Gold Cups history and two Nations League titles, as well as performing quite well at the World Cup. The only real disappointment was losing the last Gold Cup semifinal with our B team.

Tournament starts tonight with defending champs Argentina vs Canada on Fox Sports 1 at 7 pm. How bad do the Canucks get whipped?

USA vs Bolivia, Sunday on FOX.

Last edited:
USA plays here in Dallas, tickets aren't too pricey, might pull the trigger.
Do it! It will be fun. Kansas City gets the marquee first round matchup of USA vs Uruguay. Still too rich for me. I saw Messi at the Copa America Centenario in 2016 at Soldier Field for 10 bucks less a ticket.

Reactions: Hawkfan_08
I want to see the USMNT in KC but the ticket prices are ridiculous. Looking at the seat map on Ticketmaster, it looks half full at best
I am going with a few friends. Tickets were a shade over $100.00 which is a little high but it is a great match up and a much better environment than just going to a friendly. There will not be any quality US games played after this tournament until the WC.

I am going with a few friends. Tickets were a shade over $100.00 which is a little high but it is a great match up and a much better environment than just going to a friendly. There will not be any quality US games played after this tournament until the WC.

Nation's league tournament - March 2025

But that's pretty much it. Won't be competitive games where we play our A-team til the world cup after that.

Reactions: Dorrman
Nation's league tournament - March 2025

But that's pretty much it. Won't be competitive games where we play our A-team til the world cup after that.
Gold Cup next summer also - I’ll be curious how many of the first choice guys are picked vs using it as another tryout for guys to fill out the roster.

Gold Cup next summer also - I’ll be curious how many of the first choice guys are picked vs using it as another tryout for guys to fill out the roster.

Is the Gold cup scheduled when we could bring in our first teamers from Europe?

I know the last 2 times the Nation's league was prioritized and then they sent the A team back to Europe and called up B and C team players for Gold Cup.

However this year Nations League Tourney isn't in the summer so maybe Gold Cup could feature the first team.

Is the Gold cup scheduled when we could bring in our first teamers from Europe?

I know the last 2 times the Nation's league was prioritized and then they sent the A team back to Europe and called up B and C team players for Gold Cup.

However this year Nations League Tourney isn't in the summer so maybe Gold Cup could feature the first team.
unless they change the schedule, the gold cup is typical in the summer when there are no conflicts.

I normally do supporters section. When AO tickets were available, they were around $180. I was shocked. I'm pretty sure my US vs. Mexico WCQ in Cincinnati was a whole lot cheaper than that.

KC is still like 1/2 full... curious if/when they drop prices to move more tickets. Otherwise the move is to get cheapest ticket and then move to good seats that are vacant.

I normally do supporters section. When AO tickets were available, they were around $180. I was shocked. I'm pretty sure my US vs. Mexico WCQ in Cincinnati was a whole lot cheaper than that.
AO tickets tend to be cheaper so I was hoping they would have tickets available before the general public but not this time. I got tickets right behind the goal (not sure if it is the AO side or not).

KC is still like 1/2 full... curious if/when they drop prices to move more tickets. Otherwise the move is to get cheapest ticket and then move to good seats that are vacant.

I bought when they came out at $144. I hope it is packed but once tickets drop I know it will be Uruguay fans. I hate the US fan base which is so weird to say about a national team.

Sounds like they're giving away free tickets to the USMNT game Sunday to local (Dallas) groups. This is what happens when you price out fans

Many complaints about the field conditions. Hope they learn from this so they don’t have these issues during the WC.

Well... as we have discussed several times. Players are above average to pretty good. Litetally everything else is a dumpster fire for US Soccer.

Many complaints about the field conditions. Hope they learn from this so they don’t have these issues during the WC.
This is CONMEBOL and CONCACAF in a money grab tournament. US Soccer is stupid, but not this stupid.

True, but the bigger issue is ticket prices. Gold Cup fills these same venues because prices aren’t outrageous.

Agree 100%. Maybe pricing everyone out was brilliant by the US. Can't play in front of a 50/50 crowd if nobody is there! It will now be 35% US, 20% away team, 45% empty!

Think About It GIF by Identity

• Haha
I can't believe I didn't realize our first match was in Arlington. Ugh. Needless to say my son's not real happy with me. LOL

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT