ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Copa America USA 2024 Thread - Begins June 20th***

Soccer Player GIF by Sadie

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
Passing.

But it isn't just over Robinson. CCV and McKenzie too.
I disagree that Ream is THAT good of a passer. Also, he has shown consistently that he’s not good when put under pressure.

For some reason Miles has never gotten a chance to earn his spot back - prior to his injury he was certain to start at CB in the World Cup.

I disagree that Ream is THAT good of a passer. Also, he has shown consistently that he’s not good when put under pressure.

For some reason Miles has never gotten a chance to earn his spot back - prior to his injury he was certain to start at CB in the World Cup.

Oh, I agree with you. I'm just talking through Berhalter.

Tim Ream had some really stupid mistakes but Richards also had some lazy passes. Was not thrilled with those.

Reactions: sober_teacher
Some rust; some missed chances. Pepsi* has to make at least one of those - but it’s a win and +2 GD.

A win or two ties will probably get us in the QF right?

A win and we are in.

Panama looking like I thought they would. Only down 1-0 late to Uruguay. They will be pumped to be in this tournament and have been looking to consistently be the #4 team in CONCACAF competing with Jamacia and Costa Rica.

My grades for fun:

Turner 5.5: No real saves to make but his distribution was a little crazy tonight. Kept overhitting balls out of bounds.

Ream 5: Good. Ness. Clean up playing out of the back. No real pressure and handled things well but come on with trying these cute moves that lose the ball. You are a center back bro...

Richards 6: won the areal threats. Made some good tackles but same as Ream. Lost possession on lazy passes.

Jedi 7: super dangerous going forward and should have had at least one assist. Played great.

Scally 6: did fine. Nothing screamed that he has taken Dest's spot but he's probably better than anyone else. Have the ball away a few times but also got stuck in on good tackles.

Reyna 5.5: like... did he play? Was kind of a non- factor tonight.

McKennie 5.5: also just not enough. Made a few things happen at times in the mid but looked very meh.

Adams 5.5: shaking off the rust. Had some bad touches and not great balls forward. Still broke up play like he always does.

Weah 6.5: creative and speedy on the outside. Created some good chances. Would have liked to see him get a goal or assist.

Pulisic 8.5: captain comes through with a goal and assist. First goal was complete class. Created numerous chances and should have had more assists. Constantly beat guys on the dribble. Best player tonight.

Balogun 7: not a 6.5 only because he scored. He held up play okay and was creative at times. Still think he could have had one more.

Subs:
Musah 6.5: he saved our center backs and their bad turnovers twice at least. He's so freaking fast and dusted the midfield. He looked good for virtually getting zero minutes in Italy this year.

Pepi 4.5: You have one job as a #9 and you failed tonight. Most people would think he will not get a second chance and Wright will be on next game but if I know Gregg, Pepi will be on the next two games. He got himself in great spots but should have had 2 goals and honestly could have had 4.

Johnny 6: did his job as a sub. Would have liked to see him link up for a goal.

De la Torre 6: same as Cardoso.

Aaronson NR: Not on long enough but had a great run at the end.

Coaching Staff 6: Summarized Gregg's coaching life. Good enough for 3 points against a team we are ranked way ahead of... but the win is the most important thing a tournament.

A win and we are in.

Panama looking like I thought they would. Only down 1-0 late to Uruguay. They will be pumped to be in this tournament and have been looking to consistently be the #4 team in CONCACAF competing with Jamacia and Costa Rica.
Former New York Red Bull, Murillo, with a beauty at the end to make it 3-1. This after former Nashville SC forward Jhonder Cadiz hit an absolute pinpoint laser to start Venezuela’s shock comeback win vs Ecuador. Lots of MLS representation this Copa.

Reactions: Hawkfan_08
Former New York Red Bull, Murillo, with a beauty at the end to make it 3-1. This after former Nashville SC forward Jhonder Cadiz hit an absolute pinpoint laser to start Venezuela’s shock comeback win vs Ecuador. Lots of MLS representation this Copa.

In the process of typing my grades there were 3 goals scored in that game. Panama worries me. Always do.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT