ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Copa America USA 2024 Thread - Begins June 20th***

Duh. That was dumb on my part. Wasn’t thinking. I meant Paraguay.

Between drawing with us in a friendly and drawing with Costa Rica, I'm not sure if Brazil is "Brazil" these days.

Back to back draws with CONCACAF opponents doesn't scream one of the top teams in the world. Honestly we'll probably be better off playing Brazil in the knockout stages than Columbia.

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
Between drawing with us in a friendly and drawing with Costa Rica, I'm not sure if Brazil is "Brazil" these days.

Back to back draws with CONCACAF opponents doesn't scream one of the top teams in the world. Honestly we'll probably be better off playing Brazil in the knockout stages than Columbia.

We could have easily won that game against Brazil.

Related: An interesting video I saw this morning about the decline of the Brazil squad

I really doubt they could return to the flashy dribbling of yesteryear against the more disciplined defenders of today. If they could than one of the top European clubs would sign a bunch of flashy dribblers and dominate Europe with them.

It may just be a case of lack of team spirit with the national team since they are now mostly living all over Europe.

Honestly that's something I'm worried about with the USMNT. Because I fear the more we increase our talent pool and have players with increasingly successful club careers, the less team spirit the national team will have.

I think that's been England's problem for a very long time.

MEXICO is UPSET! Venezuela takes it 1-0 to move on to the quarterfinals! Even with the dumbest player in the box on Earth, former Chicago Fire defender Miguel Navarro, giving up his patented late penalty.

Also, Venezuela have the most MLS experience on a roster outside of Canada. The good performances of those two nations so far is good for the league.

Last edited:
Sport Win GIF by Manchester United

I don't think they've been outcoached. What more was he supposed to do when one of his players sticks his head firmly up his own ass? You can't predict that.
It’s stupid crap like this that makes me consistently annoyed with the men’s team. Granted, it means the game I’m going to on Monday a pretty big game.

Reactions: Hawkfan_08
I don't think they've been outcoached. What more was he supposed to do when one of his players sticks his head firmly up his own ass? You can't predict that.
When you get out-possessed this badly, even with 10, after being embarrassed by this same team, that’s on Berhalter. Especially considering he decided to play bunker ball way too early.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT