ADVERTISEMENT

Cordell Pemsl OWI

This isn't the thread to get into the topic, but I disagree and think you're crazy if you believe a person at .08 is truly intoxicated to the point where they're dangerous on the road.

I've never had a DUI by the way, so that's not what motivates my view.
Nice points Pepperman. You have my vote for political office. You seem more reasonable than most!

I was pulled over by the IC police for supposedly going through a red light, which didn't turn yellow until I was most of the way through the intersection. The policeman wasn't even near the intersection and pulled me over maybe 5 min later. I too was coming home from a long day of experiments, finishing my PhD in psych and also finishing up the experiments for a buddy who had to leave town a month or so before his experiments were complete. Basically, the policeman just didn't like my looks and the old beater I was driving... I also left two parking tickets unpaid when I left IC, for being on the wrong side of the road on their "odd/even" crap that was supposed to be for snow removal. Both times, I woke up on the first of the month following a month that had 31 days, and moved my car to the wrong side of the street. So, I understand the IC police were in the revenue generating mode... Driving after drinking is another story. I agree that .8 is a low bar, but I personally don't drink if I had more than a drink, unless it is over a long evening. Like I said before, IC is small enough that walking is an option, assuming you aren't so drunk you are stumbling around and get arrested for public intoxication... Pemsl was almost double the limit, and he deserves more than a slap on the wrist IMO.
.8 is dead... :D

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT