ADVERTISEMENT

Cottage cheese and fruit?

Do you eat Cottage cheese w/ fruit?

• Yay

Votes: 37 56.9%
  • Nay

Votes: 28 43.1%

• Total voters
I used to love cottage cheese and canned peaches or fruit cocktail as a child - it was a fairly frequent snack in our house. But I have not had it in probably fifty years so I'm not sure if I would care for it today.

Cottage cheese is best as a dip with Burlington, Iowa's, own potato chips:

R.b571174d718cc801badee4c68d100bc8

Reactions: orod741
Blueberries, Strawberries, Tomatoes.

I eat cottage cheese almost every day. It's wonderful

I said yes because I will do it on occasion but I usually prefer eating it in large curd form with just fresh ground tellicherry peppercorn and Himalayan sea salt. If I do eat it with fruit I use my own homemade jams, jellies and marmalades. Every year I do you pick blackberry and blueberries, purchase in Bulk from local Florida groves and farms various citrus, mangos, starfruit muscadine grapes and strawberries and then scavenge/forage some free local palm fruit, loquats, mulberries and beautyberries from the local neighborhood (a beautyberry is a pretty lavender berry everyone thinks is poisonous (it’s not) and when raw is essentially a “starvation food” as it’s nutritious but not tasty, it’s very herby and not fruity at all, but when cooked with lemon juice and pectin it magically becomes a cross between grape and apple flavor in a light lavender color. So I always have on hand blackberry jelly and jam, blueberry jam both plain and curried, strawberry jam, muscadine jelly in both bronze and black form, starfruit jam, mango jam but plain and curried, beautyberry jelly, mulberry jam, palm fruit jelly, loquat jam, and various marmalades (I always do traditional Scotch style orange marmalade, plus black satsuma (made using local S Georgia/N Florida cane syrup I pick made fresh at two local festivals and our similarly local satsumas), and grapefruit with Campari plus I’ll make other like red lime when I have access to it and meyer Lemon marmalade). I always keep 10% fat plain Cabot Greek Yogurt on hand and will add some of the above to make fruit flavored yogurts. I eat that probably 2-3x a week for brekkie and occasionally I’ll do cottage cheese with them as well but that’s more like once or twice a month.
Is this post real?

resize

I love this stuff. I have it for lunch most days. I also have a chickpea sandwich on whole wheat with light ranch, pepperjack cheese and spinach.

Reactions: Tenacious E
Well here’s one for ya. I like a little bit of the tangy zip of Miracle Whip in cottage cheese and put it on a slice of tomato.
Yah,I’m old and like meatloaf also 😃😃

resize

I love this stuff. I have it for lunch most days. I also have a chickpea sandwich on whole wheat with light ranch, pepperjack cheese and spinach.
Do you just put a shitload of hummus on the sandwich or use whole chickpeas?

Do you just put a shitload of hummus on the sandwich or use whole chickpeas?

Whole Chickpeas. I will often buy them canned. Rinse them off thoroughly to get the salt off as much as possible. Then microwave them about 2 tbsp of them then put them on the sandwich using the lite ranch as the binding agent. That with the cottage cheese gives decent protein. I am 95% vegetarian. Not vegan. I eat eggs and cheese. I have a beef jerky stick now and then.

Reactions: Tenacious E
Is this post real?

Yes. It takes about an hour of combined cooking and prep time to make large batch of jam or marmalade. I usually keep a quart and two or three pints each for myself and give away the rest as gifts to family, friends and those clients who I know would appreciate it. It’s cheap but shows I’m willing to put in some extra effort so they can get a handcrafted gift that’s always better than the Commercial stuff.

Yes. It takes about an hour of combined cooking and prep time to make large batch of jam or marmalade. I usually keep a quart and two or three pints each for myself and give away the rest as gifts to family, friends and those clients who I know would appreciate it. It’s cheap but shows I’m willing to put in some extra effort so they can get a handcrafted gift that’s always better than the Commercial stuff.
I admire your jam dedication. I thought maybe you prompted ChatGPT with a "Spin me a yarn about organic jams."

Last edited:
Reactions: FSUTribe76
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT