ADVERTISEMENT

Covid Kim's push to reopen schools descends into chaos

Just a reminder that, as summer youth sports wind down and people finish up vacation, the largest health system in the largest metro area in the state has zero positive pediatric Covid cases.

I suspect when push comes to shove... Kimmy will back down on those threats that she's currently making.

She's setting herself up for failure just to keep the WH and a few influential donors happy.

Reynolds............on behalf of all Iowans... GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER!
Of course she will...or she'll get run out if town :)

Just a reminder that, as summer youth sports wind down and people finish up vacation, the largest health system in the largest metro area in the state has zero positive pediatric Covid cases.
all that is great to know. We were all worried about all the children that were going to die.

Derp

More kids' lives are going to be profoundly impacted in a negative way by keeping schools closed than will ever be impacted by covid.
They better pray they don't get covid first....kids will tease them relentlessly forever!!! There is that dirty kid, stay away from him, he'll kill you!

Nm kids are so nice and understanding lol

my nurse wife, who doesn’t even have to work and has two elementary aged kids, voluntarily left an IT job to run a testing clinic for the past two months, taking calls on weekends and shoving swabs up noses.

My 70 year old dad, coming off a heart attack and dealing with cancer, has been going to work every day alongside several 20-somethings that have tested positive.

I would love to see you or anyone else explain to them how teaching is just too dangerous.

my nurse wife, who doesn’t even have to work and has two elementary aged kids, voluntarily left an IT job to run a testing clinic for the past two months, taking calls on weekends and shoving swabs up noses.

My 70 year old dad, coming off a heart attack and dealing with cancer, has been going to work every day alongside several 20-somethings that have tested positive.

I would love to see you or anyone else explain to them how teaching is just too dangerous.
Derp

Reactions: Jimmy McGill
More kids' lives are going to be profoundly impacted in a negative way by keeping schools closed than will ever be impacted by covid.
Absolutely no one here is advocating for permanent on line teaching. The vast majority just want to see in person learning to be delayed a bit. If we are within a few months of a vaccine, there should be agreement that the second semester could be in person.

What most posters on this forum realize is that Kimmy's mandate is nothing more than a directive from the WH without considering local conditions.

We all want what's best for the students.

I have yet to post anything on this topic in 6 months that can be refuted with data or facts.

living in fear brought on by your own political decisions should embarrass you. It’s actually impressive that you can still muster up any passion towards the topic, or life in general.

I have yet to post anything on this topic in 6 months that can be refuted with data or facts.

living in fear brought on by your own political decisions should embarrass you. It’s actually impressive that you can still muster up any passion towards the topic, or life in general.
You just ignore what everyone else has to say and keep spouting the same nonsense. No one argues kids are dying left and right over this. And it has to do with the safety of the hell a lot more than just teachers.

But people like you don't care to listen to anyone else so I'll stick with....
Derp, because anymore is a waste of time

You just ignore what everyone else has to say and keep spouting the same nonsense. No one argues kids are dying left and right over this. And it has to do with the safety of the hell a lot more than just teachers.

But people like you don't care to listen to anyone else so I'll stick with....
Derp, because anymore is a waste of time

I listen to everyone. If your argument has no logical basis, then I stop. Then I make fun of you.

Kimmy's data collection has been wrought with false numbers from Day one. She and the IDPH got caught just this week and acknowledged the false reporting.

So.... why should we believe your numbers when you are likely using the same sources?

Should we listen to lwade who listens in on his wife’s work at UnityPoint or an actual doctor at UnityPoint? Hmmm...

“The scientific evidence is now convincing: face masks work,” Baeth said. “There is science behind our recommendations. This is not politics. In fact, in my opinion there should be no room for politics when we’re discussing how to beat this disease.”

Dr. Austin Baeth, internal medicine, UnityPoint Health Des Moines.

Kimmy's data collection has been wrought with false numbers from Day one. She and the IDPH got caught just this week and acknowledged the false reporting.

So.... why should we believe your numbers when you are likely using the same sources?

Kind of crazy he had the same census numbers 100 hospitalizations ago in the state of Iowa.

Absolutely no one here is advocating for permanent on line teaching. The vast majority just want to see in person learning to be delayed a bit. If we are within a few months of a vaccine, there should be agreement that the second semester could be in person.

What most posters on this forum realize is that Kimmy's mandate is nothing more than a directive from the WH without considering local conditions.

We all want what's best for the students.

You have no idea if a vaccine will be approved, or if it will be very effective.
You cannot assume second semester will look any different than where we are right now.
Do you think all school aged children and teachers would quickly get this hypothetical vaccine?
If not all, what percentage?
There will still be cases after a vaccine is developed.
You’ll just need to decide when you feel comfortable accepting the risk.

You wouldn't listen to scientific fact if it punched you in the face with a bowling ball. Just admit you are full of crap and that no fact would change your mind. MAGAS make up their own facts. God, I can't wait for the GOP to be retaken by rational people.

Reactions: Chishawk1425
You wouldn't listen to scientific fact if it punched you in the face with a bowling ball. Just admit you are full of crap and that no fact would change your mind. MAGAS make up their own facts. God, I can't wait for the GOP to be retaken by rational people.
That poster is an embarrassment.

you know me, huge Trump guy!!

Reynolds just keeps screwing shit up.

Now she is saying the reporting debacle was due to 15 year old software.

Well, Kim, Branstad and you have been in charge since 2010. So why haven’t you upgraded it? You found the money for a lot of tax breaks for your donors, so don’t blame funding.

And oh, Bourbon Breath, the software didn’t load only 1/2 of the positive cases in packing plants. Your people did that.

Wade’s nonsense roads lead back to Trump.

Reactions: MitchLL
Reynolds just keeps screwing shit up.

Now she is saying the reporting debacle was due to 15 year old software.

Well, Kim, Branstad and you have been in charge since 2010. So why haven’t you upgraded it? You found the money for a lot of tax breaks for your donors, so don’t blame funding.

And oh, Bourbon Breath, the software didn’t load only 1/2 of the positive cases in packing plants. Your people did that.

Finger pointing as usual, that's what the dumb and clueless do. I recently dredged up the old thread here from months ago where I pointed out something was obviously wrong with the IDPH data of daily positive tests. It's unbelievable to me that no one at IDPH had a clue for so long that something was amiss. Quality is not job #1 at IDPH.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT