ADVERTISEMENT

Cowardice of Late Night Hosts Becomes Painfully Clear:

RicoSuave102954

HR All-American
Jul 17, 2023
Montezuma, Iowa
Late-night talk shows are a monotonous abyss of angry left-wing trolls who spew lame "jokes" that alienate half the nation.

According to a new study by the Media Research Center, a whopping 81 percent of political jokes told on major late-night talk shows in 2023 targeted conservatives.

"Throughout all of 2023, the late-night comedians told a total of 9,518 political jokes, and of these 7,729 or 81 percent were directed at someone or something on the right side of the political spectrum," the conservative media watchdog found.

MRC analyzed all six of the major daily late-night shows from Jan. 3 through Dec. 22:

• ABC’s "Jimmy Kimmel Live. (The Jimmy Kimmel of Pedo Island fame).

• CBS' "The Late Show with Stephen Colbert."

• CBS' "The Late, Late Show with James Corden" until its April cancellation.

• Comedy Central’s "The Daily Show."

• NBC's "Late Night with Seth Meyers."

• NBC’s "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon."

The most aggressively anti-conservative host was Kimmel.

"Jimmy Kimmel is the most mean-spirited and most partisan of the analyzed sextet, with 2,215 jokes in 2023, and of these 1,960, or 88 percent, were directed at right-leaning targets," the Media Research Center said.

Late-night talk shows are a monotonous abyss of angry left-wing trolls who spew lame "jokes" that alienate half the nation.

According to a new study by the Media Research Center, a whopping 81 percent of political jokes told on major late-night talk shows in 2023 targeted conservatives.

"Throughout all of 2023, the late-night comedians told a total of 9,518 political jokes, and of these 7,729 or 81 percent were directed at someone or something on the right side of the political spectrum," the conservative media watchdog found.

MRC analyzed all six of the major daily late-night shows from Jan. 3 through Dec. 22:

"Jimmy Kimmel is the most mean-spirited and most partisan of the analyzed sextet, with 2,215 jokes in 2023, and of these 1,960, or 88 percent, were directed at right-leaning targets," the Media Research Center said.
Have you seen conservatives that try to make jokes? Leave it to pros.

Odd you're pushing a poll that says 81% of Republicans are the butt of jokes.

Also a bit ironic you're calling late night hosts cowards for saying things that might be unpopular on national TV, and you do it from the comfort of your own keyboard.

Last edited:
Conservatives are just upset because these are the last bastions of free thinking that they can't buy up and destroy. They are trying to destroy all media. The problem is, there aren't enough of them to bring the ratings that these talk shows enjoy because it isn't alienating "half the nation". It's alienating like 40% of the nation and most of that 40% is in bed by the time these shows come on TV. So they write articles like this to cry about it.

OP knows comedy gold when he sees it.

One_America_News_Network.jpg

First, half the country doesn’t identify as Republican. It is roughly 1/3. Quit implying that independents like me have anything to do with your bullshit excuse for a Republican Party. I used to vote Republican frequently. I will never do so as long as MAGa folks are in charge.

Second, I am a businessman. Instead of complaining about how you lack representation…maybe do what any enterprising entrepreneur would do…create your own comedy show. Use YouTube, Tik Tok, etc at first. If it’s good enough and you have a wide enough audience then someone is going to pick it up. Hell I bet one of the conservative stations would love just such a thing.

First, half the country doesn’t identify as Republican. It is roughly 1/3. Quit implying that independents like me have anything to do with your bullshit excuse for a Republican Party. I used to vote Republican frequently. I will never do so as long as MAGa folks are in charge.
You hit the nail on the head. A lot of longtime republicans have turned independent or democrat since 2016, including me and my wife. Our three now voting age kids all lean left now as well. A few of my very conservative friends are now independents.

The talk show hosts know which way the country leans, and who the “crazies” are to poke fun at. It isn’t rocket science.

Always the victim.

Always.

What a bunch of lame ass pussies.

Today they kind of are a joke. Donald Trump is their presidential nominee. . . for the 3rd time. And this time he has what like 81 felony charges against him and he tried to overturn the election.

He is also the leader of the world's largest cult.

What part of late night hosts making trump jokes is cowardice?

🤣

The "Media Research Center" is quite the source there, little Rico:

You are a clown.

Reactions: blhawk and DFSNOLE

Second, I am a businessman. Instead of complaining about how you lack representation…maybe do what any enterprising entrepreneur would do…create your own comedy show. Use YouTube, Tik Tok, etc at first. If it’s good enough and you have a wide enough audience then someone is going to pick it up. Hell I bet one of the conservative stations would love just such a thing.
Blah Blah Blah, keep voting Democrat and you soon won't have a business to work for.

As Trump said last night Jimmy Carter must be smiling because Biden has topped him for being the worst President in history along with having the worst Cabinet in history.

Blah Blah Blah, keep voting Democrat and you soon won't have a business to work for.

As Trump said last night Jimmy Carter must be smiling because Biden has topped him for being the worst President in history along with having the worst Cabinet in history.
Which administration, Trump or Biden, has had the largest turnover of Cabinet Heads?

I'll hang up and listen.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT