ADVERTISEMENT

Lib Host Jon Stewart Overvalued His Home By 829% After Saying Trump Civil Case Is 'Not Victimless'

???? Just re-upped insurance on my commercial property holdings this week and what you say above was about exactly opposite of what actually happened for me. Yes, higher insured values does translate into higher premiums, but higher insured values also allow the owner to collect more $$ if there is a loss.

Now then, the insurers did NOT determine insured values, they asked me as the owner what the value is and I told them. Yes, if I gave them some wacky number there may have been more scrutiny, but the process was not at all how you described it.
Underwriting would have probably flagged it if you over-insured against the RCV. Co-insurance penalty if you underinsured against the RCV.

Underwriting would have probably flagged it if you over-insured against the RCV. Co-insurance penalty if you underinsured against the RCV.
Correct. You can increase your insured value, but most try to keep premiums contained or at insurers predetermined $psf.

I believe Trump is being accused of claiming his properties are worth more so he would get more favorable rates. That's ridiculous.

Apparently you know more than I do about how he represented it, of course it's still the banks job to do due diligence, example someone claiming a bedroom that isn't actually a bedroom foe us common folk.

What did he misrepresent?
He over-estimated the size of his Trump Towers apartment by a lot….over=valued his Mir a Lago property by a lot, apparently;y……he just gave the bank typical Trump information…..apparently a lot of blue shy….hey, read the Court documents.

I think about 3 posters are even close to having a clue about this topic. Thanks for making me rich to everyone else. Tax Law pays well. Off to the beach with the family.

All of you so determined Trump committed fraud can explain why the AG pursued this as a civil matter rather than a criminal matter in court?

this might be the dumbest thread i have ever read on this site. the false equivalence attempt is hilarious.

But for Trump that same thing was a crime that warranted a $429 million fine? If you can't see the hypocrisy in that you are either mentally incapacitated or a full blown Dem Marxist lemming. I wonder when the NY AG will indict Jon Stewart?
good lord, you can't be this stupid. They aren't even the same.

However, both committed “fraud” in gaining their money.
The docket Is going to be pretty full for years in NYC if we are going there. You could literally make a case to prosecute anyone - which is why this is a complete sham and just a political proceeding.

The county assesses your home moron. He doesn't set the value. He can challenge it which never happened here.
Thank you for not understanding 95% of property tax law. My family loves idiots like you and everyone else who has posted. We will be spending my Saturday afternoon on the beach.

Over valuing assets in loan applications is routine. It brings to light how targeted the Trump prosecutions are. The governor of NY basically came out and assured businesses that would enforce those laws against them to keep them from bailing out of NY.
Banks know exactly what is going on.
Trumps was victimless and the loans were paid back.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT