ADVERTISEMENT

CR has a truck eating bridge too

There's a sign where he hit that gives the clearance.

Looks like he's about 2 feet higher than the clearance...

There's a sign where he hit that gives the clearance.

Looks like he's about 2 feet higher than the clearance...
I drive by it every day so i may just zone out when i go by there, but i also believe they have things hanging at the first bridge that hang at the level of the low part, so if you hit that, you aren’t going to clear it.

NGL, i chuckled when i saw it a few moments ago

Last edited:
Pfft, that's got nothing on the Iowa Ave viaduct. Signage all over the place yet knuckleheads attempt to go under to this day.

9’2” is a pretty low clearance and a driver should know they’re not going make that.
Standard height to the vast majority of tractor trailers.
Why make a major road that doesn’t accommodate them?

Is there a reason they don’t dig the road bed down a few more feet?

Standard height to the vast majority of tractor trailers.
Why make a major road that doesn’t accommodate them?

Is there a reason they don’t dig the road bed down a few more feet?
There is no reason for a truck to go down there if they are trying to get to quaker. Just beyond the interstate bridge is a stop light. Going straight is the entrance to employee parking with a sign that says “no trucks”. The truck cannot turn right as it is a one way and going down the one way would take him away from quaker. He needed to go down a block and turn where the one way begins.

Is having Rock Island a victory?
Al Capone's favorite gangster ran that city. Hell yeah!

Cedar Rapids has no one as cool as this guy:

While John Looney had several homes, his mansion overlooking the Rock River called Bel Air was famous for its weeklong parties, drunken orgies, nude swimming in the Rock River, and cock fights, boxing and bulldog fights.

Reactions: General Tso
Al Capone's favorite gangster ran that city. Hell yeah!

Cedar Rapids has no one as cool as this guy:

While John Looney had several homes, his mansion overlooking the Rock River called Bel Air was famous for its weeklong parties, drunken orgies, nude swimming in the Rock River, and cock fights, boxing and bulldog fights.

I don't know that I'd want to be drunk swimming in the Rock River with that current. BTW, sounds alot like Cedar Rapids today.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT