ADVERTISEMENT

Crazy US Open

DooBi

HR Legend
Sep 18, 2006
Novak Djokavic just got disqualified for accidentally hitting a judge with a ball. Unbelievable. Never seen anything like this.

Reactions: littlez
That’s the rule. If you hit someone with a ball outside of play, you’re bounced. He realized it right away, too.

I understand it was unintentional and fortunately the official was uninjured, but it had to hurt.

I’ve grown tired of tantrums by athletes. Start ejecting and seriously fining basketball, football, baseball players for their spoiled antics. The majority of them have precious few marketable skill beyond the sport.

EhQk5MjUwAAZu9P

I understand it was unintentional and fortunately the official was uninjured, but it had to hurt.

I’ve grown tired of tantrums by athletes. Start ejecting and seriously fining basketball, football, baseball players for their spoiled antics. The majority of them have precious few marketable skill beyond the sport.
Coaches bother me more

Novak Djokavic just got disqualified for accidentally hitting a judge with a ball. Unbelievable. Never seen anything like this.
It's happened a few times before. Google Tim Henman of Great Britain. That also was unintentional.

Reactions: mnole03
I think there was a little bit of acting by that line judge. He didn't even hit her hard and she went down in agony like she got hit with a six punch combination.

Agreed, he did not hit the ball hard. That would not hurt.

Can you imagine if the NFL had such a rule? Tom Brady gets ejected because he hit the back judge on a crossing route?

That’s in the course of play. Ball kids get thunked all the time in the course of play. That’s understandable.

Reactions: ping72
That’s not the rule - it is if you hit the ball not in the course of play with reckless disregard for safety of others and strike one. Which he did.

I'm talking more about the tennis example posted above. I haven't seen the video of today's golf action.

I think there was a little bit of acting by that line judge. He didn't even hit her hard and she went down in agony like she got hit with a six punch combination.

Definitely very dramatic at the very least. Getting chopped in the windpipe sucks though. Its kind of akin to getting the wind knocked out of you. It's more shock than actual pain.

Maybe my President will hang the Medal of Honor around his Sorry-assed neck now. That’s like a golfer throwing a club at the gallery. I hope she sues his ass.

Way to go political during a sporting event. Between you, Huey, and Chis, always expect either one of you to go scorched political earth. Thanks for not letting us down JA.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT