ADVERTISEMENT

Crop-dusting pilot injured in helicopter wreck Sunday in field near Deloit

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
A pilot was seriously injured while spraying a cornfield Sunday near Deloit when the pilot’s helicopter hit a powerline and crashed.

Multiple agencies responded to the call at 8:21 a.m. near 2836 F Ave., according to a press release from the Crawford County Sheriff’s Office. An airplane was called to help find the wreckage, which was found in a field off 290th Street.
First responders rushed to the scene and freed the pilot from the mangled aircraft with the aid of hydraulic rescue equipment. The pilot was placed on a medical helicopter and flown to an Omaha hospital. The person’s name and condition were not given in the press release Monday.
Agencies that responded to the accident include the Crawford County Sheriff’s Office; Iowa State Patrol; Deloit, Denison, Vail and Manilla Volunteer Fire Departments; Crawford County Emergency Manager; Crawford County Ambulance; Department of Natural Resources; and FAA. The incident is still under investigation.

These guys are nuts.

Couple weeks ago while driving to work I thought a Harley was passing me. I turned to my left to see a crop duster going by at eye level.

Last year while biking out to start off Ragbrai we took a break in a farmers front yard. He said drones just finished up crop dusting his field. I think drones are the future, they can hover around and target specific areas and save on chemicals.

We’ve had several crop dusters at the office over the years. Filthy devils.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT