ADVERTISEMENT

CWeb

Ok maybe not homer. But seemed he was favoring Cincinnati with most of his comments. Also he was surprised Iowa was pressing? Did he do any homework on Iowa?

Edit: someone beat me to it

Is really bad at his job. Could say very little that was good about Iowa. When Cincy got their first foul in the second half he was incredulous. "Fouls are really racking up now." Iowa had five at the time. Complete homer.

I heard that too.

What an idiot. That was their first foul.

Reactions: WadeWilson
Call it like it is Horner. Love it. Cannot see how anyone could think that was a pleasure to listen to. Maybe only in relation to even worse announcers.

Reactions: WadeWilson
Call it like it is Horner. Love it. Cannot see how anyone could think that was a pleasure to listen to. Maybe only in relation to even worse announcers.

His comment about how Iowa shouldn't press was hilarious. Press was making Cincy rush shots and could tell they we're out of sync. Moss should have had a couple steals, if he would have been paying attention.

It was very poorly researched. I don't have anything against Weber but he was awful. Didn't know who was coming in or out for either team. Didn't know who Kriener was. He said Cook was an outstanding player... for Cincy and threw in another Iowa player for Cincy. The fouls thing was awful... first foul is really racking them up. The pressing thing made sense except Cincy would still slow it down and Iowa would settle into the zone so his point was invalid. Cincy had multiple 3v2 situations that they had no idea how to attack or didn't look interested in attacking. Just was not a great performance.

Reactions: Nohawknamesleft
For someone with his basketball background to not understand the press was an attempt to speed them up.... I don’t even know what to say to that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT