ADVERTISEMENT

Dafuq happened to the Philadelphia Eagles?

The Tradition

HR King
Apr 23, 2002
Man, what an end-season collapse.

Tough going into the playoffs when you're doing the opposite of peaking.

Injuries, less depth than last year, a very difficult schedule that obviously wore them down as the year dragged on. Lots of things playing into it.

The NFL makes it VERY difficult to repeat (for a comparison, the Chiefs have also struggled mightily this year). We're closing in on 20 years since it occurred last.

I don’t pay a ton of attention to the NFL to know who all is injured for every team but seems like I see a ton of impactful injuries—I know my team—the Dolphins have plenty.

With that said I wonder if it will become strategy for teams to sit some starters early in the year and periodically otherwise to prevent a ton of injuries from piling up and ruining your season. Roster sizes kind of disallow that I know so maybe you just have to roll the dice and see who makes it through the year.

I think if they expand to an 18 game season (which we know this is what the league wantsthey will have to expand rosters and teams will have to periodically rest players.

I don’t pay a ton of attention to the NFL to know who all is injured for every team but seems like I see a ton of impactful injuries—I know my team—the Dolphins have plenty.

With that said I wonder if it will become strategy for teams to sit some starters early in the year and periodically otherwise to prevent a ton of injuries from piling up and ruining your season. Roster sizes kind of disallow that I know so maybe you just have to roll the dice and see who makes it through the year.

I think if they expand to an 18 game season (which we know this is what the league wantsthey will have to expand rosters and teams will have to periodically rest players.

How has the NFLPA not pushed harder for expanded rosters for exactly this type of stuff? How can they not get it expanded by at least 5 spots? Will ownership really be that stingy?

It is insane to me that teams have 2 QBs active on most weeks. It's the most important position.

Our dumbass coach pounded his chest and screamed like a douche after beating an average KC team and the football gods saw it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT