ADVERTISEMENT

Dale Jones

Originally posted by Vbeachawk:

Don't understand why it is so hard to get a hold of Dale to interview him. Seems strange. Any thoughts?
You must not understand much about basketball. He's probably a little busy playing in the tournament down in Hutchinson!

I wonder if he was injured, because he only played ten minutes in the game they lost yesterday and didn't score any points.

some players claim they have a offer when in reality they don't nor did they ever have one in the 1st place, IA has a little les than a month before the spring signing begins, it will get real interesting in the next 3-5 weeks. lots of speculations, rumors and whatnot till there is a official confirmation made.

Originally posted by Hawkeye2222:

2nd I have issues with 2 posters, the one that said IA will only have 2 players with significant playing time in the 15-16 season these were the/are the returning starters.

PG SR Gesell
SG JR Jok
SF RSSR Uthoff
C SR Woodbury

the only one that won't have significant minute with be the player at the PF, and Uhl avg'd 10.4 mpg

6th man to be Clemmons avg'd 19.8 mpg. now I don't know about some of you that is getting significant mpg

as for the poster saying/dissing White not being a major scorer, I have no idea how or what you were thinking when you said that, OMFG White left as the 2nd leading scorer in IA's history,, and yet a poster claims that IA did not have a scorer
chairshot.r191677.gif
Nobody on this thread said either of those things. Seriously, do yourself a favor and buy hooked on phonics. It's not too late to learn how to read. Then you wouldn't have to come on here everyday claiming people said stuff that they never actually did.

ZaHawks...........you may not realize this but they were eliminated, as in their season is over, yesterday. It also has been confirmed that Dale has an Iowa offer. There is also an informed rumor that he has committed and Barnstormers has indicated that there seems to be some truth to this rumor and that we'll know within a couple of days.

The Tyler coach (who is from Iowa) seems to like playing games with his players (to their detriment perhaps), imo. Ike is a prime example of this, imo.

Danl53 posted at 10:48 am 3-18 that "we will be thinking about WE only had 2 players you played significant minutes,

and Danhawk pella on 2-17 at 3:57 pm posted that White was not IA's scoring PF

so you dumbass it was indeed posted

so fanatic84 STFU and crawl back into whatever hole you crawled out of.

Danl53 posted at 10:48 am 3-18 that "we will be thinking about WE only had 2 players you played significant minutes,

Perhaps I can cure up your issue with me, Kilroy.

My point was meant to be that at this time next season as we look forward to the following year. (Ok...that means the 20/16/17 season) We will only have two players that have seen significant minutes on the court..as of now.

Or, another way to put it, by this time next season we will have lost or will be losing the White class, the Gesell class, In one year we are going to be looking ahead at almost an entirely new team.

Read it again kilroy. He said White wasn't an "offensive post player", he didn't say White wasn't a "major scorer" like you claimed.

The more I read about him, the more interested I become! A 6'8 guy who can play inside and outside. If nothing else, he can be a scorer off the bench that can extend defenses. I really like the idea of having taller lineups with good shooters. This could be a lineup:

Gesell
Jok
Uthoff
Jones
Uhl

That would be a lineup where every player can shoot the three.

Originally posted by srams21:
The more I read about him, the more interested I become! A 6'8 guy who can play inside and outside. If nothing else, he can be a scorer off the bench that can extend defenses. I really like the idea of having taller lineups with good shooters. This could be a lineup:

Gesell
Jok
Uthoff
Jones
Uhl

No way Woody isn't starting next year. He's a 3 year starter, not getting replaced now.

Originally posted by hawkeyefanatic84:

Gesell
Jok
Uthoff
Jones
Uhl

No way Woody isn't starting next year. He's a 3 year starter, not getting replaced now.
Read it again Kilroy.

Originally posted by buttermypancakes:

Gesell
Jok
Uthoff
Jones
Uhl

Read it again Kilroy.
My bad srams21. I do like that lineup, though Jones would probably play C because he has more bulk.

Buttermypancakes, I can't be kilroy. I'm not stubborn and can admit when I made a mistake and am wrong.

Originally posted by buttermypancakes:

Gesell
Jok
Uthoff
Jones
Uhl

Read it again Kilroy.
My bad srams21. I do like that lineup, though Jones would probably play C because he has more bulk.

Buttermypancakes, I can't be kilroy. I'm not stubborn and can admit when I made a mistake and am wrong.
No worries. Depending on how ready the freshman are, you could go really long and go with:

Williams 6'5
Jok 6'6
Uthoff 6'9
Uhl 6'9/ Jones 6'8
Woody 7'0

That would be a great defensive lineup as well. So many combinations. I think much would depend on how good Jones would be on the defensive end. No idea there.

DHP White has indeed played center and he has been IA's most consistent post scorer and rebounder, he may have been labeled a SF then a PF but White has been the most consistent inside scoring threat this team has had

as for Dan this is another WTF comment has there will be 2-3 players other than Woody, Gesell, Jok and Clemmons getting minutes,

rather than penciling a player that has not even been confirmed as committing let alone signed his LOI. this is how I see the starting lineup

PG 6'2 Gesell
SG 6'6 Jok
SF 6'9 Uthoff
PF 6'8 Uhl
C 7'1 Woody

the only change might be these

6'7 Wadley at the PF with Uhl being groomed to replace Uthoff at the SF, the reason why I say this as after Uthoff IA will have UHL a JR, who looks to be better suited to play the 3, athletic can shoot the 3 and can provide those matchup problems at 6'8.

Basabe and Wadley are very similar when they were coming in, both were/are 6'7 215 lbs, neither could/can shoot the 3, both are/were rebounders.

Ellingson, Fleming. Wagner will all get major minutes so no WE will not be THINKING about IA only 2 players returning who played major minutes,

making next falls 2 deeps look like this

PG MG backup AC,
SG Jok backups Ellingson. Flemming and Moss
SF Uthoff backup Uhl
PF Wagner backup Uhl
C Woody

Moss may get time at the point and Uhl may start at PF but in any case this team will have blend of size. athletic ability with 4 of the top 6 being SR's. to go with that youth,

Unless there is an injury or a blow out, I think we will see Gesell and Sapp handling PG. If Uhl is going to be relied on as a 4/5 for big minutes, he is going to get much stronger and tighten up his game. The skill set is there to be a starter, although I hope we don't see Dom or Uthoff at the 5, except maybe for short stretches where the match ups are favorable.

totally agree HRH.

my thoughts on Clemmon he just wants to play, he is a team player and to have a very good team you need team players, that are happy in their roles, Dickerson was not happy and he left.

as for Dan this is another WTF comment has there will be 2-3 players other than Woody, Gesell, Jok and Clemmons getting minutes,
That's not what he is saying.

This is what he said "My point was meant to be that at this time next season as we
look forward to the following year.
(Ok...that means the 20/16/17 season)
We will only have two players that have seen significant minutes on the
court..as of now."

He's talking about the 2016-17 season, so unless Woody, Gesell, and Clemmons are going to redshirt next year (not happening) they will have graduated and used up all of their eligibility. His comment is absolutely correct, there are 2 players receiving minutes on this roster that will be still playing in 2016-17 season (Jok and Uhl).

That's not what he is saying.

This is what he said "My point was meant to be that at this time next season as we
look forward to the following year.
(Ok...that means the 20/16/17 season)
We will only have two players that have seen significant minutes on the
court..as of now."

He's talking about the 2016-17 season, so unless Woody, Gesell, and Clemmons are going to redshirt next year (not happening) they will have graduated and used up all of their eligibility. His comment is absolutely correct, there are 2 players receiving minutes on this roster that will be still playing in 2016-17 season (Jok and Uhl).

Thanks, nice to know someone understood. There must have been a better way to explain it.

Maybe just, "Wow! We've one sophomore and one freshman! That means when the juniors are gone we'll have up to eleven new players that as of today have not worn the Hawkeye uniform!"

I don't know why that blows my mind, except it just seems like the guys we've got have been around forever.

Originally posted by HoustonREDHawk:

Unless there is an injury or a blow out, I think we will see Gesell and Sapp handling PG. If Uhl is going to be relied on as a 4/5 for big minutes, he is going to get much stronger and tighten up his game. The skill set is there to be a starter, although I hope we don't see Dom or Uthoff at the 5, except maybe for short stretches where the match ups are favorable.
I agree, I think Williams may be brought in and the coaches will have a year to see if he can run the point. Otherwise, they'll need to push HARD for a PG in next years class.

Uhl right now looks about 180 lbs dripping wet, so I'm with you in that I really hope we don't see those guys having to play the 5 because of desperation. Maybe in a matchup like Davidson it's alright, but we need post help badly for next year. There's a lot of big posts in the Big Ten right now, and we'll need our own just for defensive matchups. Otherwise guys like those giants at Purdue will both go for 20 and 10. I don't ever see Woodbury playing over 25 minutes a game, and Wagner is not real tall. I'll admit, I'm quite frightened.

Originally posted by HerkyHopeful:

Originally posted by HoustonREDHawk:

I agree, I think Williams may be brought in and the coaches will have a year to see if he can run the point. Otherwise, they'll need to push HARD for a PG in next years class.

Uhl right now looks about 180 lbs dripping wet, so I'm with you in that I really hope we don't see those guys having to play the 5 because of desperation. Maybe in a matchup like Davidson it's alright, but we need post help badly for next year. There's a lot of big posts in the Big Ten right now, and we'll need our own just for defensive matchups. Otherwise guys like those giants at Purdue will both go for 20 and 10. I don't ever see Woodbury playing over 25 minutes a game, and Wagner is not real tall. I'll admit, I'm quite frightened.
Lot of bigs leaving the league this year . Only Haas, Dickerson and Olah return next year. We can get by with Woody and a 6'8'' power forward in the middle.

just started a thread showing thre returning bigs by team. only Wisconsin, MSU and Michigan don't return a big 6'10 or taller. don't kid yourself the BT will be loaded with players 6'10 or taller, IA needs a player 6'10 or taller to compete in the BT.

or else teams are going to do to IA what they did to teams that did not have a center.

just started a thread showing thre returning bigs by team. only Wisconsin, MSU and Michigan don't return a big 6'10 or taller. don't kid yourself the BT will be loaded with players 6'10 or taller, IA needs a player 6'10 or taller to compete in the BT.

or else teams are going to do to IA what they did to teams that did not have a center.
Well, Woody returns next year so we should be okay. Outside of Purdue, I can't think of another team off the top of my head that will have two guys 6'10" or taller.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT