ADVERTISEMENT

Dan Crenshaw chats with Trevor Noah…

I really enjoyed their dialogue as they spoke respectfully and intelligently about hot button issues like immigration, CRT, and climate change. A really good watch if you have 25 minutes.

Thanks for sharing, I'm going to make some time to listen to this at some point. I'm intrigued by the prospect of Trevor Noah being serious and Crenshaw on the spot for longer than a few minutes.

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
Thanks for sharing, I'm going to make some time to listen to this at some point. I'm intrigued by the prospect of Trevor Noah being serious and Crenshaw on the spot for longer than a few minutes.
I thought it was excellent. I hope you enjoy it. This country needs more constructive dialogue like that and way less vitriol and tribalism.

I thought it was excellent. I hope you enjoy it. This country needs more constructive dialogue like that and way less vitriol and tribalism.

Thank you for sharing! I found this to be a very good discussion and it gave me a new view on Crenshaw. I did not agree with everything he said, but he did raise some good points. I agree that we need more dialogue like this. Most people are not that far apart and can find common ground once we get past the political rhetoric.

Thank you for sharing! I found this to be a very good discussion and it gave me a new view on Crenshaw. I did not agree with everything he said, but he did raise some good points. I agree that we need more dialogue like this. Most people are not that far apart and can find common ground once we get past the political rhetoric.
After placating to the lowest MAGAt denominator, Crenshaw loses any credibility on trying to sound reasonable

After placating to the lowest MAGAt denominator, Crenshaw loses any credibility on trying to sound reasonable

This video was my previous experience with Crenshaw, which is I was surprised by the good discussion he had with Noah. I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt if he displays more of the latter and less of the political drivel from the video, which just made him look like a fool.

I like Trevor Noah and I like Dan Crenshaw (when he's not staring in stooooopid commercials). I want more Dan like this.

I enjoy conversations like this.....not too many of them anymore.
We need to promote more face-to-face conversations...people's butthole tends to come out more via internet exchanges. Just look at this place...most of us would be a lot more civil in person.

Could you imagine watching a presidential debate like these two? ...instead of that middle school food fight between Trump and Biden.

Last edited:
We need to promote more face-to-face conversations...people's butthole tends to come out more via internet exchanges. Just look at this place...most of us would be a lot more civil in person.

Could you imagine watching a presidential debate like these two? ...instead of that middle school food fight between Trump and Biden.
You’re absolutely right. Unfortunately, the American people have not demanded better of their elected officials and many seem to embrace the clown shows. It’s time to start voting out a lot of incumbents, especially the octogenarians. Nancy, Mitch, the Chucks, etc. gotta go. Until the American people wise up, we get the government we deserve.

You’re absolutely right. Unfortunately, the American people have not demanded better of their elected officials and many seem to embrace the clown shows. It’s time to start voting out a lot of incumbents, especially the octogenarians. Nancy, Mitch, the Chucks, etc. gotta go. Until the American people wise up, we get the government we deserve.
These two allowed each other to finish...there was no name calling...they were calm. THEY WERE ADULTS!

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
I’ve seen a few moments from Crenshaw where I thought he was a thoughtful and legitimate leader. Unfortunately, they were limited to the few.

Interested to listen to this

These two allowed each other to finish...there was no name calling...they were calm. THEY WERE ADULTS!
Yes, exactly. Politics need to get back to being boring. Chis bombs and Bleeder bombs are fantastic entertainment on HROT but politicians should not be put in office for our amusement. They’re elected to bore us, bullshit us, and do the business of running the country. That’s it. Instead, we’re getting the white trash, WWE-style soap opera to go along with the bullshit. And that needs to change.

Reactions: mooresville hawk
Not sure if anyone else notices this but pay attention to how many times Noah says "I feel like" when he's leading into a question. Quintessential democratic angle.... Not facts, just feels

Not sure if anyone else notices this but pay attention to how many times Noah says "I feel like" when he's leading into a question. Quintessential democratic angle.... Not facts, just feels
Interesting take...

...on the South African...

...who describes himself as a progressive person, but not a political progressive.

I listened to all of it. They drop some code-speak throughout. Noah has his subtleties and his little digs. Noah says "I feel like..." and "...that's interesting." Crenshaw placates with phrases like "I'm open to discussion about that." They're simply performing. That whole thing could have been scripted. I hope not, and I hope they grew from that experience. They were civil and they were polite. We should all be more like THAT. Be respectful of one another... always.

I don't really trust personalities/celebrities like them because their livelihoods depend on belittling the other "side" as much as possible. Noah makes a huge salary by exploiting the Trump syndrome. Crenshaw is just as bad, in the other direction, as the later video, where he skydives, reveals.

They're both chained to pandering to people. But, it was nice to see them being polite and playing the role of concerned adversary and at least demonstrating how it can be done.

Reactions: mooresville hawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT