ADVERTISEMENT

Dan Patrick says we got screwed

I would disagree. He didn't wave his hand like normal. It was a quick wave to the left, in fact only once, not 2-3 times like DeJean.

And he was not called for a penalty for running fair catch. He was assessed an invalid fair catch and it's just brought back to the spot of the catch.

The rule is quite clear that any signal invalidates a return.
So why didn't they call it on the North Carolina punt returner Saturday night?

Another example of some power thirsty dorks ruining a great football play with over-engineered technicalities. Same thing happened for years about how we define a catch and surviving the ground. Same thing the NFL has now with it being illegal to land on a QB while tackling.

We don’t need to over complicate things. Allow the officials to blow the play dead if they think there is any doubt whether the returner called for a fair catch. Cooper did not come close to a fair catch. All rules need to be interpreted in a manner consistent with their purpose. The Minnesota defenders were in no way deceived by Cooper’s actions.

Just a stupid call all around. Can you somehow read the rule to say this was a correct application? Yeah. But if we’re applying common sense? Absolutely not.

And if you are someone who is enamored with the literal words of a rule, then unless a player literally runs with his arms absolutely still by his sides to field a kick, the return ought to be called dead because every player makes a waiving motion with his arms when he runs. Imagine how f-ing dumb that would be. Now apply the same common sense to what Cooper did. Nobody could’ve reasonably thought that was a fair catch.

It’s not what I think, I’m not giving an opinion. I’m giving simple facts of what happened and the clear rule applied.
Yet the need was felt to I force the rule when it was a non call on the field. 7 Gophers were within five yards and missed CDJ. Your team should be embarrassed.

Unrelated note, I’ve never seen a fanbase with such an inferior complex. Who chants “we hate Iowa” when Iowas not even the opponent? Your handle is IHATEIOWA. I know gopher fans envy Hawkeye success, even without an offense. I had no idea we lived rent free in your head for so long. As we say, the best way to keep a gopher fan from masterbating is to paint his pecker black and gold and he’ll beat it once every ten years!

The refs gave you one after they failed last year calling back Campells pick six.

Thank you building the new outdoor stadium, far easier to carry out the field goal posts and I can walk up and buy tickets 20 min before kickoff.

Yet the need was felt to I force the rule when it was a non call on the field. 7 Gophers were within five yards and missed CDJ. Your team should be embarrassed.

Unrelated note, I’ve never seen a fanbase with such an inferior complex. Who chants “we hate Iowa” when Iowas not even the opponent? Your handle is IHATEIOWA. I know gopher fans envy Hawkeye success, even without an offense. I had no idea we lived rent free in your head for so long. As we say, the best way to keep a gopher fan from masterbating is to paint his pecker black and gold and he’ll beat it once every ten years!

The refs gave you one after they failed last year calling back Campells pick six.

Thank you building the new outdoor stadium, far easier to carry out the field goal posts and I can walk up and buy tickets 20 min before kickoff.
Lol ok loser.

If it makes you feel better lying to yourself about getting screwed then by all means go ahead. You lost at home to a rival and it stings I get it. But we got Floyd so you can now suck it.
We didnt lose you boner. The review official handed you the game. Ya know, the only way your dog shit of a team could actually do something. And then your idiot coach claims he was calling fair catch. Ok Pee Wee

Reactions: Gus is dead
It also happened to Minnesota just earlier this year. It's just the the refs correctly blew it dead immediately.

There is an obvious last second wave not even close to what happen Saturday. JFC, it was a blown call period. No1 calls that shit especially if not called on the field. Quit fking trying to understand it, it’s nothing but a dogshit call… that’s seems to have been hunted for by the BIG.

What happened to the unholy alliance of Minnesota and Iowa fans uniting against big bro Nebraska??? How quickly things turn.

Call was correct and Iowa ST coach needs to be more aware of the rules.

• Haha
Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
Cowherd said it was the right call and Hawks have much bigger concerns than try to deceive other teams.
Finnebaum basically said the same and good thing Iowa plays a weak schedule. Added they wouldn’t win a game in SEC, including Vandy because they have a qb that can complete a forward pass.
Coward and finebaum… lol 2 guys who never played and hate Iowa and KF….lololol. VS the Pat Macafee who did.

If Cooper caught the ball and stopped in his tracks...no whistle stopping the play...would the Minnesota defender been allowed to tackle him without a penalty?

I am trying to imagine how Cooper could have maneuvered to the sideline to catch the ball on a bounce, pointing at the ball with one hand, turning and moving forward without the use of his left arm for balance.

Also, if O'Dey didn't graduate from Nebraska, and live in Nebraska does he make the same call?

Word on the street is replay official was a Gopher grad.
One or the other could have easily played into the replay. How does the B1G insure that its refs are calling games without bias...isn't limiting opportunity the best way to keep this from happening...to be certain?

What happened to the unholy alliance of Minnesota and Iowa fans uniting against big bro Nebraska??? How quickly things turn.

Call was correct and Iowa ST coach needs to be more aware of the rules.

You mean you noticing an Iowa Fan at a Nebraska/Minnesota football game?

I'm sure you got triggered and put it in your dossier you keep on "all things about Iowa that makes me butthurt".

Nebraska isn't worthy enough to have any two universities aligning against them drama queen.

• Haha
Reactions: YellowBellyHawkeye
83og2x.jpg

Reactions: JerseyCityHawki
If Dan Patrick said what you claim(I didn’t listen) then it literally proves the correct call was ultimately made. According to you Patrick said it was clear that Dejean was directing his teammates to get away which is admitting he waved his arm. THAT CONSTITUTES AN INVALID FAIR CATCH SIGNAL! Patrick, like most Iowa fans simply are not understanding that the refs are not claiming he called for a fair catch. They are literally saying the opposite.
God you trolls are tiresome. Your life must be sad. Coming on a message board spouting stupidity. Yes, sad and stupid. It's a game played by college kids. And you're an adult? Lol. Go read a book.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT